test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Huddersfield 1-3 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Rudiger
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Bakayoko
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Ampadu (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

80 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Tautvix said:

Only if it was Cahill instead of Rudiger we would have a player to blame for conceded goal ;)

Cahills problems are deeper than a lapse of concentration during the last minute of the game. 

Reddish-Blue and 11Drogba like this

1 minute ago, Polo7 said:

Cahills problems are deeper than a lapse of concentration during the last minute of the game. 

I don't like Cahill but Rudiger is just not better...

DYC. likes this

Huddersfield were totally hopeless. Barely put any pressure and just stood off for pretty much the entire game. That said, it's a welcome win and decent performance to boot. Just a bloody shame we conceded right at the end!

guddy6969 and yuvala like this

33 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

Not excusing the mistake for one second - by the way, where was the pressure on the ball?! - but that mistake could have happened any time and committed by most players. I'm sure Cahill have committed such mistakes before in the past. So using Cahill to bash Rudiger in this case is just silly.

I find it interesting we pass teams who want to play against us fair and square rather easily. 

Huddersfield, Soton, Bournemouth...such nice squads. 

However teams with plenty of tricks in them like Palace, Burnley,...give us quite some problem. 

No giveaway goal this time, so it developed into a simple affair.
But I think West Ham was a much better side than Huddersfield.

On 12/9/2017 at 4:55 PM, Special Juan said:

This is a simple outlook...take the game to this average side and do not let them dictate.

We have to get out of this fucking awful mindset of allowing shit teams to just wander around against us in the first 15 minutes.

Drop Morata, play Drinkwater, start Moses, start Rudiger.

Only just reading thro this thread.

Looks like you got your and our wishes, good prediction boss:D

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Not excusing the mistake for one second - by the way, where was the pressure on the ball?! - but that mistake could have happened any time and committed by most players. I'm sure Cahill have committed such mistakes before in the past. So using Cahill to bash Rudiger in this case is just silly.

Cahill will always be an average defender.  He's had some high points in his career at Chelsea but if i'm being honest, he'd probably be at some other club if he wasn't homegrown. 

Would love to see a Chelsea backline in the future without any limited players!  

9 hours ago, Tautvix said:

I don't get the hate for Rudiger.  He's still got time to improve as a defender at 24 years of age....as for Cahill, he should be at his peak.

Our wingbacks are very average, which was clear again last night. Alonso is offensively useless nowadays and Moses is a very athletic player, who lacks tactical discipline and football brain. I like them both and they have done a brilliant job last season, but if we want to take the next step as a team we have to get rid of players who lack technical qualities. Take a look at City for example, they have good footballers all over the pitch and that translates to their way of dominating other teams home and away. 

yuvala likes this

9 minutes ago, Beigl said:

Our wingbacks are very average, which was clear again last night. Alonso is offensively useless nowadays and Moses is a very athletic player, who lacks tactical discipline and football brain. I like them both and they have done a brilliant job last season, but if we want to take the next step as a team we have to get rid of players who lack technical qualities. Take a look at City for example, they have good footballers all over the pitch and that translates to their way of dominating other teams home and away. 

You ain't wrong but I think we all know this now. I think Moses is the better of the two, but I simply cannot see what Alonso brings barring being good at free-kicks.

They would be the two areas we need to address with a matter of urgency for me.

20 minutes ago, Beigl said:

That's what Conte tried to do this Summer with Alex Sandro and Walker...

But instead we got Zappacosta for £26M who even worse than Moses..

4 hours ago, Beigl said:

Let's just be grateful that, after all, Alonso made a decent cross to set up our second goal.

Moses was clinical in our 1st goal which was nice.