• Bakayoko
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

2 minutes ago, El P. said:

Conte made a mistake with 3-5-2 for this one, but it was 3-4-3 in 46th minute after Pedro went in and we still didn't produce anything.

There's something called setting the tone for the game. We wasted an entire 45 mins. We're just not good enough to make drastic adjustments in game when the coach doesn't get it right initially. That was partually true last season as well.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, El P. said:

Conte made a mistake with 3-5-2 for this one, but it was 3-4-3 in 46th minute after Pedro went in and we still didn't produce anything.

Because West Ham had the belief at that point. They were already ahead. A 3-4-3 from the beginning would have given us a much better chance of simply taking the lead (no guarantees of course), thereby preventing West Ham from being able to sit back, and so allowing us the space behind them which the 3-4-3 is very good at exploiting.

5 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

There's something called setting the tone for the game. We wasted an entire 45 mins. We're just not good enough to make drastic adjustments in game when the coach doesn't get it right initially. That was partually true last season as well.

I know that. This "We're just not good enough to make drastic adjustments in game" means that coach every time must do everything almost perfectly in order for our team to play well.

What a pathetic showing, sideways passing with no penetration what so ever. We deserved this because the for the third game on the spin we started slow and got what we deserved.

Bakayoko has had 3 cracks of the whip in no time at all, he has been absolute shite every single time. Getting hauled off at HT says everything, he shouldn't even be considered until he shows more fight.

In hindsight starting a strong XI versus Atletico Madrid now looks like a terrible decision considering our inability to convert the amazing chances we had.  Some players needed the rest.This season is fast crumbling before our eyes

16 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

At least he’s honest and to be frank hes correct. Bad summer, bad start v Burnley, loss to Palace and now this along with City’s current form and their late goal habit (regardless of the result vs United) all but confirms it.

Think the players deserve much more criticism than manager considering he changed system twice, threw Moses, Pedro and Willian on and nobody looked interested or affected game any more than before. We had 0 shots on target in second half despite 70% possession, which says it all. Either too many touches or too many passes. Or no runs or nothing was quick enough. Couple that together with lack of energy. Poor.

Can’t see Conte admitting we’re out of title race going down well with upstairs but it also strengthens his hand and makes January an intriguing month because if the club dont back Conte I think it will be pretty clear he’s going in the summer. He’s been saying stuff about recruitment/playing same players every 3 days for close to 2 months now and if the club really wants him to stay he holds all the aces, he can go through the chain of command and say look we need to buy players 1 2 and 3 or 4 5 and 6 to ensure we are more competitive (I’m sure he was already like that this summer when you consider who we were all linked with but Chelsea is Chelsea).

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

In hindsight starting a strong XI versus Atletico Madrid now looks like a terrible decision considering our inability to convert the amazing chances we had. This season is fast crumbling before our eyes

Whilst I really appreciated our desire to win the game against Atletico, it was probably a poor decision (from the perspective of squad-management) to start such a strong team. Even if we had won, we would still have had a near 50-50 chance of getting a very strong team; I honestly fancy our chances more against the current Barcelona (a very good team, but with serious flaws in their squad that can be exploited) than I do against any of Real Madrid, Juventus, or Bayern. PSG on the other hand.... We'll see on Monday, I suppose.

Poor performance. Christensen got roasted today however hopefully that is a learning curve for him. He looked really vulnerable and form this performance, I would definitely say in the long run he needs to build himself up physically because Arnautovic and Antonio really bullied him. In general the whole team seemed to not be able to compete physically and we let them bully us. We made Musuaku look like Roberto Carlos in his prime. Not saying Cahill was specifically at fault for anything today however was annoyed to see Rudiger on the bench. The way the defence looked so exposed today was so concerning. Looked like we missed that physical presence that Luiz gives us today.

10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

At least he’s honest and to be frank hes correct. Bad summer, bad start v Burnley, loss to Palace and now this along with City’s current form and their late goal habit (regardless of the result vs United) all but confirms it.

Think the players deserve much more criticism than manager considering he changed system twice, threw Moses, Pedro and Willian on and nobody looked interested or affected game any more than before. We had 0 shots on target in second half despite 70% possession, which says it all. Either too many touches or too many passes. Or no runs or nothing was quick enough. Couple that together with lack of energy. Poor.

Can’t see Conte admitting we’re out of title race going down well with upstairs but it also strengthens his hand and makes January an intriguing month because if the club dont back Conte I think it will be pretty clear he’s going in the summer. He’s been saying stuff about recruitment/playing same players every 3 days for close to 2 months now and if the club really wants him to stay he holds all the aces, he can go through the chain of command and say look we need to buy players 1 2 and 3 or 4 5 and 6 to ensure we are more competitive (I’m sure he was already like that this summer when you consider who we were all linked with but Chelsea is Chelsea).

Pretty much

There is not enough creativity in this team even with fabregas included...When there are chances the players are not finishing them....Need to buy technical creative players instead of  workhorse players...Transfer strategy is clearly flawed....Cannot expect much from the team when there are so many limitations

No lies detected from Conte there. When the two sides above us brought in serious quality while we took risks with unproven ones this was to be expected. The club didn't give us a chance to compete for everything this season.

Medicore players = Medicore results.

Absolute rubbish this one, right from the Carlo 10/11 handbook.

I can take losing if we go down kicking and screaming, like say Palace at home last season, but i can't accept the lack of urgency displayed today. Fair play WHU showed fight and desire but we just didn't atall look like forcing the issue, i lost count of the amount of times i shouted speed up when we were starting an attack, or the amount of times a promising attack ened up with a pass back to one of the back 3 or even Courtois. Conte seems to be developing quite the blind spot for the stereotypical traditional British manager, Dyche,Big Sam, Roy and now Moyesy.

We should have freshened things up more with selection, false 9 was required today, Morata is still acclimatizing to being a first choice and this was 1 match too far, we must learn from that mistake Tuesday. There's no need for 3 in the middle vs any team outside the top 6, especially with Kante here. Christensen had his first baptism of fire today but he will learn from it, i won't lie im starting to seriously worry about Bakayoko but at the same time he hasn't had a full pre season and that must be taken into account.

It didn't took a genius to know we started as underdogs just based on our transfers. Funny how the people that work in our club and should have better knowledge than us fans are delusional as fuck. What did they expect when they got Bakayoko, Zappacosta and co? Titles are build on quality players, you have the odd year here and there like last year with us but it rarely happens so often. I doubt January will bring anything better, our best hope is to get Top 4 and see miracle next season.