test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

OneMoSalah

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

Started by OneMoSalah,

155 posts in this topic

SMS is going to be a stud in the midfield. I want him here more than just about anyone I have ever wished for (honestly probably Varane is the only one I have wanted more) and its plausible. And as others said, it could spell the end of Danny Drinkwater, and that is a pressing need IMO.

54 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I'm trying to figure out how Chelsea make these moves work with the 17 international slots we have?

They probably tell a few to find new clubs as they won't be registered if they stay, 99% of players leave under those circumstances, Malouda cases are extremely rare.

Just now, Tomo said:

They probably tell a few to find new clubs as they won't be registered if they stay, 99% of players leave under those circumstances, Malouda cases are extremely rare.

That's not exactly ideal or logical. Have you taken a look at the wage bill lately?

15 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I'm trying to figure out how Chelsea make these moves work with the 17 international slots we have?

Out of the players who have chance to play in next season:

Curtois, Willy, Green (HG)

Alonso, Emerson, Azpi, Zappa, Moses (HG)

Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen (HG), Cahill (HG), Ampadu (youth)

Kante, Jorginho, Baka, Drinkwater (HG), RLC (HG), Barkley (HG), Cesc (HG)

Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Morata, Giroud, Batschuyai, Hudson-Odoi (youth), Abraham (youth)

That's 17 international players, one of Morata, Giroud, Michy will propably leave, that's leaving us with 16 slots - we can add 1 more player (I don't believe Kalas or Piazon will be here next eason).

Sideshow Luiz likes this

1 hour ago, ulvhedin said:

Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Morata, Giroud, Batschuyai, Hudson-Odoi (youth), Abraham (youth)

That's 17 international players, one of Morata, Giroud, Michy will propably leave, that's leaving us with 16 slots - we can add 1 more player (I don't believe Kalas or Piazon will be here next eason).

Thanks for putting the list together.  It looks like we're on an absolute 1 out, 1 in policy irrespective of any financial reasoning.

1 hour ago, ulvhedin said:

If Courtois leaves and we replace him with Butland, then we have an extra foreign space. Plus, there's also Zappacosta who has been linked with Inter Milan. 

Sideshow Luiz and bluesman2610 like this

If one of Morata, Michy or Giroud go out we will need a striker coming in. Milinkovic-Savic or Rugani for that matter, can’t come in unless someone goes out.

Just seems like a lot of paper talk

If Courtois leaves and we replace him with Butland, then we have an extra foreign space. Plus, there's also Zappacosta who has been linked with Inter Milan. 

Yes, this makes sense but don’t you think we’ve been erroneously linked with Butland?

1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Yes, this makes sense but don’t you think we’ve been erroneously linked with Butland?

I'm just speculating based on the transfer rumors. Whether it will actually happen or not is another thing. Hell, Courtois might even up end up staying!

3 hours ago, It's too big said:

Decent player, but being hyped up a bit. Certainly hasn't stood out that much when I have watched him. 

Seems like a more polished RLC version, but with pretty much same problems. Isnt realy creative to be playmaker, isnt dynamic and allround enough to be b2b, isnt disciplined and good enough tackler to be DM, isnt regular goal threat ala Lamps to be AM either.

But he would still strenghten our midfield, so I wouldnt complain. But 100m is way too much for him IMO.

Have to agree with those who say he hasn't stood out much when under the watchful eye. Yes, his youtube highlights make it seem as if he is the best thing since sliced bread but youtube also made Cuadrado look like the second coming of Messi. I can't see how we are ever going to shell out €100 plus for him either, unless we have Willian and Courtois already sold. I'd rather use the funds for the RW and ST, I think we all would to be totally honest.

7 minutes ago, DDA said:

Have to agree with those who say he hasn't stood out much when under the watchful eye. Yes, his youtube highlights make it seem as if he is the best thing since sliced bread but youtube also made Cuadrado look like the second coming of Messi. I can't see how we are ever going to shell out €100 plus for him either, unless we have Willian and Courtois already sold. I'd rather use the funds for the RW and ST, I think we all would to be totally honest.

People who watched him regularly at Lazio swoon over him though. Youtube & World Cup aside. I trust the Serie A writers and supporters. it is ALOT of money, but I would be extremely happy to see him here. He is a tank of a human, nimble feet, great shot. He could play the ATM or even a mixture of that and the B2B role. He is not the finished product yet, but if he keeps working he could be special. I agree though, nothing in our recent business suggests we will pay his price tag. 

LAM09 likes this

People who watched him regularly at Lazio swoon over him though. Youtube & World Cup aside. I trust the Serie A writers and supporters. it is ALOT of money, but I would be extremely happy to see him here. He is a tank of a human, nimble feet, great shot. He could play the ATM or even a mixture of that and the B2B role. He is not the finished product yet, but if he keeps working he could be special. I agree though, nothing in our recent business suggests we will pay his price tag. 
He was the best midfielder in Serie A by some margin last season. Talk of judging one on 3 WC games shouldn't be up for discussion.

I watched him several time  with lazio and SMS would be a perfect teammate for jorginho and kante.
do you prefer to spend £110 on SMS or usual £30/40 on overrated good players like Bakayoko and drinkwater?
In the first case you have a player to build up your midfielder for 6-7 years, in the second 2 midfielders who give nothing at team, rather will become a problem in short time: not enough good,  market value down....
we have only 3 good midfielders for sarri: Barkley, kante and jorginho, fabregas is very good with ball but he can't  go with gengenpressing.
bakayoko and drinkwater never play with sarri, I know becouse i knowledge sarri.

Lazio have lowered their asking price for Chelsea target Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, reports Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Serie A side were initially seeking a fee of €150m for the Serbia international but would now accept a bid between €110m and €120m.

Lazio have not received an offer for Milinkovic-Savic yet, but Chelsea, Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus have all contacted the player’s camp to register their interest.

Lazio have highlighted Barcelona’s Rafinha as a replacement for Milinkovic-Savic, should he leave this summer.