• Morata
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering their lack of potency, disregarding his great form, I would actually rest Hazard, and give Willian/Pedro more time to build chemistry in the team. 

With a flat 3 in the centre otherwise, I think we'll give too much of a game to Atletico, allow them to simply play too much. I don't want a midfield game. With 3 up top, we have a more 'anxious' midfield with only 2, meaning in this instance we play acceptable hoof-ball, getting into their defence as quickly as possible. 

They have a machine of a midfield, & i don't want to line-up in a way which brings the battle there. Keep the ball between the wingers, and attack their lack of pace. I've enough faith we'd find our way without Eden here.

56 minutes ago, Jason said:

giphy.gif

39 minutes ago, manpe said:

Do you want to lose?

I'm prioritizing the league as we have got some winnable games coming up and we must take advantage of them. We have already qualified for the knockouts and the difference between first and second is either Barca /PSG or Juve/Bayern so I'm not really fussed tbh. Yeah I know there are a couple of easy teams as well which we might get if we top the group but with the fixture list so jam packed and our squad so thin, I'd take a gamble against Atleti.

6 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

I'm prioritizing the league as we have got some winnable games coming up and we must take advantage of them. We have already qualified for the knockouts and the difference between first and second is either Barca /PSG or Juve/Bayern so I'm not really fussed tbh.

Yes...Juventus, Bayern, Real Madrid, Basel/CSKA Moscow, Sevilla/Spartak Moscow, Napoli/Shakhtar OR Porto/RB Leipzig. Hardly just between 4 teams...

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes...Juventus, Bayern, Real Madrid, Basel/CSKA Moscow, Sevilla/Spartak Moscow, Napoli/Shakhtar OR Porto/RB Leipzig. Hardly just between 4 teams...

Juve, Bayern, Real and Napoli* will be as tough as PSG and Barca although the form PSG have shown no doubt they'll be the toughest. So that leaves us with Basel/CSKA, Sevilla/Spartak and Porto/Lipzig. Around 43% chance of getting an easy draw if we top and a 33% chance of an easy draw if we finish second so yeah not too bothered but let's see. Obviously it would be great if we could win and top the group but I really don't want to gamble on the fatigue of our key players in such a tight scenario.

*Napoli have a good chance of qualifying as they face Feyenoord while Shakhtar are up against City.

We'd spank both Napoli & Juventus in my opinion. Allegri makes every team he joins slightly toothless; Napoli are dead from fatigue, and 1 by 1 their best players are picking up injuries. 

The only teams I never expect us to beat are Bayern & Real Madrid. I wouldn't be excited to face Barcelona/PSG either, but at least they can architect their own downfall this season. 

Out of the 7 groups in 4 cases those who finish second are easier opponents for the next round compared to those who finish first. In two groups it's indifferent and in one case, the Spurs-Real group, maybe Spurs are preferred to Real.
Atletico beat Sociedad 2-1 at home yesterday in a thriller, with Luis and Griezmann scoring their goals.
Atletico will probably be indifferent against us, but if they play serious they are dangerous of course.
They have a chance to finish second only if they beat us and Roma fails to win against Qarabag.

Already written in the stars that we'll draw the toughest opponent next round whilst United and City get the easiest of the remaining opponents. Would be super annoying to see another English team won the CL that's not Chelsea so I hope City get knocked out ASAP.