test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Chelsea 1-0 Swansea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   11 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Courtois
      0
    • Zappacosta
      0
    • Rudiger
      3
    • Christensen
      1
    • Cahill
      1
    • Alonso
      0
    • Kante
      4
    • Fabregas
      0
    • Willian
      2
    • Pedro
      0
    • Morata
      0
    • Moses (sub)
      0
    • Drinkwater (sub)
      0
    • Hazard (sub)
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

114 posts in this topic

I see we've scored the fewest goals amongst the top 6. Not that it matters, but it looks nasty on the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what a frustrating match. so relieved in the end. ugly goal as well from an unlikely source. 

 

yeah and give city the title already. when you get 7 mins of time added for a half with 2 goals, no red cards and no injury lay offs then you know who the refs are with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I see we've scored the fewest goals amongst the top 6. Not that it matters, but it looks nasty on the table.

Erm, top 6 or big 6? We've scored more than Burnley and Spurs. Have the third best defence in the league, mind you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Absolutely battered them and should have won by 4. Conte knows how to play frustrating sides like these and we just keep trying alternative moves and combination's until it pays off, stark contrast to Joseball in these type of games.

Yes but after we got the goal, we suddenly retreated into our shells. Could and should have gone for the kill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Erm, top 6 or big 6? We've scored more than Burnley and Spurs. Have the third best defence in the league, mind you.

Meant top 5 :P

Fewest amongst the top 4 contenders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Meant top 5 :P

Fewest amongst the top 4 contenders.

Well, we have scored only 3 less than Arsenal and Liverpool and have conceded far less than them. 7 less than United but they were boosted by their early season form. As for City, well, never mind...

EDIT: Sad case but also gotta remember that we don't have as many goalscorers as the other sides. Our top 5 scorers in the league are Morata (8), Alonso (3), Hazard (3), Batshuayi (2) and Pedro (2). That says a lot, doesn't it?

Pizy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NiclasCFC said:

Luiz is injured.

 

2 hours ago, Miguelito said:

Conte said yesterday that Luiz has injured his knee.  He didn't know how long it would be, and he wouldn't say if it was an aggravation of the same injury from last season.

You're right guys my mistake.

I still think Luiz would have been dropped for Ampadu. Ampadu is lucky Conte has a falling out with Luiz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well, we have scored only 3 less than Arsenal and Liverpool and have conceded far less than them. 7 less than United but they were boosted by their early season form. As for City, well, never mind...

EDIT: Sad case but also gotta remember that we don't have as many goalscorers as the other sides. Our top 5 scorers in the league are Morata (8), Alonso (3), Hazard (3), Batshuayi (2) and Pedro (2). That says a lot, doesn't it?

It's yet another indication that we are missing that one more special attacking player. It's not as frustrating lately because we've been creating plenty of scoring chances and getting into great positions, but Pedro and Willian both blow so hot and cold. They'll score a worldy one match and then like today they'll get into great positions and fluff their lines.

We need an aggressive, clinical attacking player to play with Morata and Hazard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, the wes said:

Sanches was trying to pass the ball to Casper the friendly ghost 😂😂😂 we dodge a bullet trying to get him it seems like it 

Confused the Carabao sign with one of his own players lol

Feel sorry for him. Taken off at half time. Moving to Bayern was his worst mistake. 

the wes likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, the wes said:

Sanches was trying to pass the ball to Casper the friendly ghost 😂😂😂 we dodge a bullet trying to get him it seems like it 

Only those impressed by a few flashy touches and/or Bayern's transfer policy, ever thought anything of this smoke and mirrors player. His selection as young player of the last Euros was ridiculous; watch the all touches videos.

Some people assessed his preseason display against us as outstanding. That was ridiculous as well; watch that video too.

I can't believe professional football people, with access to hundreds of hours of video, and hundreds of pages of scouting reports, could have been taken in to the same degree. In other words, I hope rumours of our interest in this player was all paper talk. I hope too that we've heard the last of the, "Why didn't we sign Sanches?", talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It's yet another indication that we are missing that one more special attacking player. It's not as frustrating lately because we've been creating plenty of scoring chances and getting into great positions, but Pedro and Willian both blow so hot and cold. They'll score a worldy one match and then like today they'll get into great positions and fluff their lines.

We need an aggressive, clinical attacking player to play with Morata and Hazard.

Disagree Pizy. I don't think we need an attacking player. Imo the 3-5-2 should be our starting formation.

 Better wingbacks and more quality on the ball in central midfield is a must for me. (that + some squad depth)

We're extremely poor in the wide areas due to our wingbacks inabillity to take on their direct opponent and lack of a final ball.

kellzfresh likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, -Kaplan- said:

Confused the Carabao sign with one of his own players lol

Feel sorry for him. Taken off at half time. Moving to Bayern was his worst mistake. 

No, it was a great decision by Sanches. HIs limited ability means he was always going to be found out because people were going to see past the hype sooner or later. He was very wise to cash in while he could. Had he stayed in Portugal, he would have ended up at a mid table side, with a lot less money in the bank. The mistake was Bayern's. They offered him the equivalent of a guaranteed winning ticket on the lottery, and he took it. Well played son.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Disagree Pizy. I don't think we need an attacking player. Imo the 3-5-2 should be our starting formation.

 Better wingbacks and more quality on the ball in central midfield is a must for me. (that + some squad depth)

We're extremely poor in the wide areas due to our wingbacks inabillity to take on their direct opponent and lack of a final ball.

Both can be true. Right wing back position in particular can be improved but wouldn't change the fact that Willian and Pedro fail to finish the vast majority of the time. Willian especially gets past players time and time again but disappoints with the final ball. A more clinical player would score 15 PL goals per season from the positions he often gets into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

A more clinical player would score 15 PL goals per season from the positions he often gets into.

Nabil Fekir or Sanchez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, the wes said:

Nabil Fekir or Sanchez

I think i'd rather take Sanchez. Fekir, although better than, strikes me more as being Mahrez' level. Sanchez, though not as good as, strikes me more as being Hazard's level. I'd rather 2 exceptional seasons from a player, than a handful of 7-out-of-10 seasons, which I imagine Fekir would provide. It's not myth that the Premier League is a different beast, and Sanchez has proven himself well. I may be missing a trick with Fekir, but Sanchez has almost as many moments as Hazard which make my mouth foam. Never has he had a patch in his career either where he was ineffective, even during his most outcast days with Barcelona. 

He's been the talk of our transfer windows for a while now, and he still should be. Like Robben & Ribery, I imagine he'll be among the best until 33 or so. That's just enough time to get us back on top of English football. For me, Fekir is a dream bench option. It's blasphemy to suggest such a productive player take the bench, but Madrid/Bayern/Barcelona would do it, to good effect. Willian isn't good enough, Pedro is barely good enough IMO, so who's the next level up without being undisputed-starter-level for the very most top teams? Fekir. (I was on his wikipedia earlier today, and he has a decent and possibly problematic rags-to-riches type story, for football's standards. He played for Lyon's youth team; he was deemed not good enough; ended up at like 5 other youth teams; eventually St Etienne wanted to sign him and presumably fast-track him into their senior squad; he declined (they're bitter rivals with Lyon), and awaited Lyon's return for him with confidence, eventually re-signing with the hope to prove them wrong, which he's now doing.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Both can be true. Right wing back position in particular can be improved but wouldn't change the fact that Willian and Pedro fail to finish the vast majority of the time. Willian especially gets past players time and time again but disappoints with the final ball. A more clinical player would score 15 PL goals per season from the positions he often gets into.

Not disagreeing with that but it's easier to bench Willian/Pedro for the 3-5-2. If we sign a top attacking player he's gonna want to play. It'll be a lot more difficult to switch to a 3-5-2. 

And even with a quality injection to our front 3 against the top teams the 3-4-3 is just too vulnerable in the midfield area. 

I don't think we lack goals. We just lack quality in the wider areas and our midfield options are also too defensive (not enough quality on the ball)

Of the 4 midfield options we have 3 of them are defensive players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor performance , no ceativity, no playmaker ( dribblers )  to open up the game . Young players not given chance at all. Musondy, Kennnedy etc. No chance ,at least a young player in every game is a must. At least gv him 30 minutes of game time. Once again, the champion will be Manchester City. Chelsea will be fightning for third spot to fifth spot this season. Not a champion team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.