Arthur Melo

the wes

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a gremio supporter, but haven't seen Arthur much aside from highlights tbh.

I've heard a lot about him from the southern brazilian press: he's quick, mobile, and very technical mid. A bit on the short side, but fairly strong and is not easily outmuscled out of plays. Seems like the all rounder we've been asking for a long time. Of course, he's only 21, so lots to learn.

He's been doing well in the libertadores cup, which is far more physical than the Brasileiro. Gremio will play Lanus in Argentina tomorrow for the second leg of the final (first was 1x0 in Porto Alegre). Personally I think that the 1 goal lead might not be enough esp since they will be missing their Argentine CB (suspended). We shall see. :)

14 hours ago, Robguima said:

I am a gremio supporter, but haven't seen Arthur much aside from highlights tbh.

I've heard a lot about him from the southern brazilian press: he's quick, mobile, and very technical mid. A bit on the short side, but fairly strong and is not easily outmuscled out of plays. Seems like the all rounder we've been asking for a long time. Of course, he's only 21, so lots to learn.

He's been doing well in the libertadores cup, which is far more physical than the Brasileiro. Gremio will play Lanus in Argentina tomorrow for the second leg of the final (first was 1x0 in Porto Alegre). Personally I think that the 1 goal lead might not be enough esp since they will be missing their Argentine CB (suspended). We shall see. :)

I read reports he's very similar style to iniesta would you said he would be??  

So, Gremio beat Lanus 2x1 in argentina to win libertadores cup with Arthur Melo as MotM until picking up an injury and leaving early second half when 2x0. Commentators said that Arthur was unplayable in the first half. They will be playing WCC (perhaps facing Real Madrid) in two weeks - hope arthur is fit again.

Luan (24, also target of many clubs) scored a beautiful goal and was chosen best Libertadores player.

I hope we are serious about this target... I always say this, but you cannot buy quality players: either they don't want to leave or their clubs don't want to sell them. Have to make bets on the likes of this 21 yo prodigy....

arthur is out of the WCC with an ankle injury and heavily linked with Barcelona. :(

He's absolutely fantastic.

Will be a massive success everywhere.

Best Brazilian midfielder i saw since the 80s - except attacking midfielders like Rivaldo, of course.

But i dont think he would be a replacement for Fabregas.

Fabregas is more offensive.

Arthur is a deep 5/playmaker who will pick the ball in the defense and build the game from there.

Maybe he can play more high in the pitch, i dont know.

Anyway, is great to watch him.

Is like a Marcelo who can defend playing as double 5.

1 hour ago, Hazardinho Gaucho said:

He's absolutely fantastic.

Will be a massive success everywhere.

Best Brazilian midfielder i saw since the 80s - except attacking midfielders like Rivaldo, of course.

But i dont think he would be a replacement for Fabregas.

Fabregas is more offensive.

Arthur is a deep 5/playmaker who will pick the ball in the defense and build the game from there.

Maybe he can play more high in the pitch, i dont know.

Anyway, is great to watch him.

Is like a Marcelo who can defend playing as double 5.

Arthur in a Barcelona top ffs :(

7 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Caught him in the Copa Libertadores. We won’t sign him because we don’t sign the best talents from Brazil...

we sign flops from the Brazilian league the likes of kenedy wallace and Lucas Piazon :ph34r:

7 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Caught him in the Copa Libertadores. We won’t sign him because we don’t sign the best talents from Brazil...

This is something i never could understand about Chelsea scouting in Brazil.

Example: Kennedy played few games in the professional and was not impressive. Nobody was talking about him.

Why to sign him?

Richarlison was playing well in the brazilian league and south american cup.

Is not some world beater but would be useful for sure.

Another situation: Guilherme Arana(20) is one of the best young LBs in Brazil in the last decade, better than Sandro or Filipe Luis(when they were 20 years old).

Why we not tried to sign him? I think Sevilla payed $14 millions for the player.

8 hours ago, Georgy said:

Did he sign for Barca already? We have no chance to get him anyways.

No. Barcelona do that with many players. They did the same with Gotetzka apparently.

If you read the catalan papers you realize that what they are doing here is to seduce the player to prevent him do sign with another club in january.

18 hours ago, the wes said:

Arthur in a Barcelona top ffs :(

Gremio has already announced they will put barca on fifa court for talking to Arthur without approval (something like that)...

Gremio representatives stated they will not sell to barca after such disrespect...arthur has clause of 80m though. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You