Mason Mount

the wes

we cant afford any mistakes with this kid, he looks a proper player and its about damn time we get a manager who is not afraid to use youth, Europa League next season might actually be a blessing in disguise for us in order for these kids to integrate in the team, play plenty more mins along with domestic cup games, and to see how they cope with tactics, systems, etc.

13 hours ago, DDA said:

Surely 15 games or so at Chelsea along with training alongside top level talent is far more rewarding than playing and training week in and week out at Vitesse.

Did you not read my previous posts? Obviously I meant week in week out at a good club in Germany or France. Talking about next season...

13 hours ago, Tomo said:

Often players just find their level. Take Bamford for example, we had no problem finding him successful loans in the Championship but when it came to the PL nothing stuck. The harsh reality is 90% of the youth and loanee army will never be the required quality for Chelsea which means they will at some point go on loan to a level that's too high for them (Ugbo in the Championship for a recent example).

Agreed - hence why I want Mason to essentially prove to the club that he clearly belongs to a level above the Championship (which is essentially what the Eredivisie is anyway). 

9 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Only realistic option would be the Championship for that to happen but just look at how that's worked out.

A youngster has to be moulded within the club at some point.

I disagree - think he’s good enough to play week in week out at a good club overseas. He won’t be moulded well enough here, you know what we’re like with our youth. I don’t understand how people forget that very key point. 

I disagree - think he’s good enough to play week in week out at a good club overseas. He won’t be moulded well enough here, you know what we’re like with our youth. I don’t understand how people forget that very key point. 
Pasalic played regularly for Elche, Monaco & AC Milan but still hasn't been given a look in. Mount either needs a good loan in the Premiership (seems extremely unlikely going by the club's track record in that record) or make his name at an elite club to stand any chance of becoming a regular here.

I'm going off the notion our next manager will give youth a look in. There's a list of players more deserving than Baka, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, etc of game time that are already on our books.

7 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Pasalic played regularly for Elche, Monaco & AC Milan but still hasn't been given a look in. Mount either needs a good loan in the Premiership (seems extremely unlikely going by the club's track record in that record) or make his name at an elite club to stand any chance of becoming a regular here.

I'm going off the notion our next manager will give youth a look in. There's a list of players more deserving than Baka, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, etc of game time that are already on our books.

Mount is more talented/interesting than Pasalic tbh. But no reason why Pasalic couldn’t have been used instead of buying Drinkwater this season for example. Also, based on our history, no matter what manager - they seem to be under too much pressure to play the youth. Don’t see that changing personally so not even thinking about it. 

12 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Did you not read my previous posts? Obviously I meant week in week out at a good club in Germany or France. Talking about next season...

I hadn't to be honest but still, I'd rather him play with us than any other club available. I see it more beneficial not only for his development but for the evolution of our own squad.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

The lad does seem to be doing everything thats asked from him. and being homegrown I cant see him not being in the squad next summer can you?

I can see him getting loan out again and RLC getting that spot in the squad next season

40 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I'd personally gamble on Mount over RLC. I just dont see it in him. I do try to.

I'm a fan of mount I just dont think he's ready for the PL I think needs to bulk up to be ready for the PL cause the PL physical league he's still in a boy's body lamps and RLC were build like men when they were 19 year old