Mason Mount

the wes

11 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Glad to see there are still loyal, talented kids who pledge their future to to the club despite our poor record of integrating them. Good luck lad

I keep saying the same thing, this is simply not your average kind of Academy, it is a state of the art one, full of Chelsea through and through kids waiting for their dream to come true. The way this institution it is run, it is simply in the top 3 in Europe, although its players do not make the step forward to the big team, like for example Ajax's. 

In a world full of rats like Neymar, Pogba, De Ligt and disgusting football agents, this kids bleeding their favourite teams colors through their veins are the way forward. At least for us especially with the transfer ban which might prove to be a blessing in disguise in a few years. 

2 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

I keep saying the same thing, this is simply not your average kind of Academy, it is a state of the art one, full of Chelsea through and through kids waiting for their dream to come true. The way this institution it is run, it is simply in the top 3 in Europe, although its players do not make the step forward to the big team, like for example Ajax's. 

In a world full of rats like Neymar, Pogba, De Ligt and disgusting football agents, this kids bleeding their favourite teams colors through their veins are the way forward. At least for us especially with the transfer ban which might prove to be a blessing in disguise in a few years. 

Yeah that will be what the best thing about it is, we will be able to carry on reaping the rewards long after the collective breakout season which is something Ajax and Monaco couldn't do (both of which were on a trajectory which would have seen them become the world's best side but the economic and competitive situation's at both clubs meant the cream of the crop were always going to be picked off).

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

Yeah that will be what the best thing about it is, we will be able to carry on reaping the rewards long after the collective breakout season which is something Ajax and Monaco couldn't do (both of which were on a trajectory which would have seen them become the world's best side but the economic and competitive situation's at both clubs meant the cream of the crop were always going to be picked off).

But playing in a weaker league allow them to keep their model for long time. Imagine doing the same thing in epl, you can easily get relegated. 

For me I like having our youth going on loan and get back when they are ready like what Otherwise, they can get stuck on the bench and never develop properly

3 minutes ago, communicate said:

But playing in a weaker league allow them to keep their model for long time. Imagine doing the same thing in epl, you can easily get relegated. 

For me I like having our youth going on loan and get back when they are ready like what Otherwise, they can get stuck on the bench and never develop properly

The Ajax and Monaco teams i was talking about would have comfortably made top 4 in the prem.

I'm not saying we should play an U21 team (and neither did those teams in question, Ajax especially had a lot of experience to balance it out) however with City over the hill for atleast two more years and prices going through the roof, there's never been a better time to build up this new generation.

14 minutes ago, communicate said:

It is a double edged sword. Players might not develop as good out on loan as at the club or might never want to come back. 

Dortmund also play for the German championship with green youngsters. Sure it is the league but would we be so much worse off having played CHO for Willian and Mount for Kovacic/Barkley last season . I doubt it

Still it is striking that almost all world class clubs I know have a better record of flooding in youth from their academy than us. It is not even that I believe our youngsters deserve so much more rather that we prefer to spend on average players to make up squad numbers than give them to you haters. Some will not be satisfied with that but some will. Signing and playing the bakayokos, drinkwater, Williams, alonsos of this world over youth players that really identify with the club is the problem imo

40 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The Ajax and Monaco teams i was talking about would have comfortably made top 4 in the prem.

I'm not saying we should play an U21 team (and neither did those teams in question, Ajax especially had a lot of experience to balance it out) however with City over the hill for atleast two more years and prices going through the roof, there's never been a better time to build up this new generation.

Don't get me wrong they are fantastic but in epl where the league is very competitive (a relegated side can even sign player like schurlle) , it is very hard to so. Like you said if they turn out to be fantastic you will reap all the benefit if not this is where it differ big time. With Ajax, they probably will still stay at top of the league. In epl you can easily drop to 10+ and even close to relegation. 

For me, I always like academy and youth product for rotation player. If they turn out to be fantastic then it is even better. 

The problem is with player like Ampadu. Last year he was our 4th Cb. Which mean he won't play enough games. I much rather him go for loan to get playing time. 

30 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

It is a double edged sword. Players might not develop as good out on loan as at the club or might never want to come back. 

Dortmund also play for the German championship with green youngsters. Sure it is the league but would we be so much worse off having played CHO for Willian and Mount for Kovacic/Barkley last season . I doubt it

Still it is striking that almost all world class clubs I know have a better record of flooding in youth from their academy than us. It is not even that I believe our youngsters deserve so much more rather that we prefer to spend on average players to make up squad numbers than give them to you haters. Some will not be satisfied with that but some will. Signing and playing the bakayokos, drinkwater, Williams, alonsos of this world over youth players that really identify with the club is the problem imo

I don't follow Dortmund enough to know about their youngster but yes they are really good at producing and developing youngster. But I don't know whether they develop them from academy or sign upcoming from Bundesliga. 

Don't get me started on CHO. I have spent a whole year explaining why as much as I think CHO is super talented. If one of your winger is Hazard and the other side need to be good defensively. And as CHO has shown in the later part of the season when he was a starter, his output is not better than Willian. 

Nope signing Willian and Bakayoko make sense. They are signed to be starting 11. The same with Alonso, do we have any bright youngster at left back? 

The problem is player like Zappacosta and drinkwater. This is where you definitely need to use your arcademy if you have any that is ready.