Mason Mount

the wes

My two cents are this: I think the club assured him of coming back next year and being in the team, Fabregas contract is up and Mount would be his replacement as an impact sub pushing for more time. He will be cheaper salary wise than Cesc and arguably more effective on the pitch. He wont stagnate at Derby, Lampard & Morris will make sure he is playing lots and also in the positions Chelsea want to see him at, while also playing in a league with extremely physical players in it. I could be extremely wrong, but it makes sense in my head. 

I did actually think/hope we would be keeping him on site but I totally understand another loan with someone we trust to help him who knows his position inside out. Bring him in next season and keep in touch with him regularly to remind him we want him in our future.

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I did actually think/hope we would be keeping him on site but I totally understand another loan with someone we trust to help him who knows his position inside out. Bring him in next season and keep in touch with him regularly to remind him we want him in our future.

I was initially pissed when i heard this but after stalking the dcfcfansuk forum early signs are that Lampard is seriously building something up there.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I was initially pissed when i heard this but after stalking the dcfcfansuk forum early signs are that Lampard is seriously building something up there.

Agree

JT Is supposedly going too which would help Lamps allot

8 hours ago, akgw13 said:

My two cents are this: I think the club assured him of coming back next year and being in the team, Fabregas contract is up and Mount would be his replacement as an impact sub pushing for more time. He will be cheaper salary wise than Cesc and arguably more effective on the pitch. He wont stagnate at Derby, Lampard & Morris will make sure he is playing lots and also in the positions Chelsea want to see him at, while also playing in a league with extremely physical players in it. I could be extremely wrong, but it makes sense in my head. 

I see your point, however we rarely or if ever, have integrated a player into the first team squad after a loan in the Championship. We usually will want them to get top flight experience. Hopefully he really sets the Championship alight. Should be exciting to see him at Derby. Predicted that Lampard and Morris would take advantage with out talents and get some on loan. Hopefully it is the perfect foil for both of us. Would be great to see him do well there and come back next season, however still sceptical about that.

Fucking decision. He was the best teenager in the Netherlands. Better than kluivert who went to Roma.  Championship league is a trash. There is nothing to learn from there. The club sacrificed our best young player to make Lampard feel better. Waste a year, No develop, loan to another team, grow older, and sell. A stupid cycle.

50 minutes ago, scargo said:

Fucking decision. He was the best teenager in the Netherlands. Better than kluivert who went to Roma.  Championship league is a trash. There is nothing to learn from there. The club sacrificed our best young player to make Lampard feel better. Waste a year, No develop, loan to another team, grow older, and sell. A stupid cycle.

We will see how this loan turns out. Lampard is a young and motivated coach with a lot of experience, I think Mount can benefit from him. I expect key role for him and good training sessions. 

Morris knows him inside out and has the kids best interest at heart. He wont want to see him fuck up.

Its a strange time to make this decision tho as you would think that Sarri might have appreciated giving him a once over which is why I'm thinking this was sorted before Sarri came and gave Lamps/Morris preferential treatment.

4 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Disappointed that Mason didn't get to go on the road trip before making a temporary move. Would have liked the new coach to get the chance to assess him before we committed to a season long loan.

Never realistic really, the Championship starts soon, Frank will of wanted him immediately knowing the impact he made at Vitesse. Plus, with our current stock of strikers he would of always been at the rear of the queue.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Never realistic really, the Championship starts soon, Frank will of wanted him immediately knowing the impact he made at Vitesse. Plus, with our current stock of strikers he would of always been at the rear of the queue.

He'd have been competing for a place in the midfield three I think.

My mate is a Derby fan and said Mason was sensational against Southampton at the weekend.

I actually went to Nuneaton last night to watch Coventry vs Derby in a pre-season friendly. Mason played the second half and looked really assured in midfield, I was also impressed by his confidence to try some tricks and flicks. Many came off, some didn't. He performed well, I think he'll learn a lot from Lampard. Lampard actually spoke to him 1-to-1 for a prolonged period during the interval. 

8 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

My mate is a Derby fan and said Mason was sensational against Southampton at the weekend.

I actually went to Nuneaton last night to watch Coventry vs Derby in a pre-season friendly. Mason played the second half and looked really assured in midfield, I was also impressed by his confidence to try some tricks and flicks. Many came off, some didn't. He performed well, I think he'll learn a lot from Lampard. Lampard actually spoke to him 1-to-1 for a prolonged period during the interval. 

I'm hoping we dont send CHO out. Like Mount/Lamps I can see CHO getting some great advice from Sarri and magic Box.

It would be excellent to properly break the kid in. New 5 year contract lets hope

5 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

Apparently Lamps is playing an attacking possession based philosophy at Derby, which is rather ironic considering how much he resisted when AVB came in trying similar :lol: