Mason Mount

the wes

Increasing rumours of a Derby loan  (after he signs a new contract). I was initially very disappointed with this move, now I’m less disappointed but still not happy. It does make sense as rarely do we have this kind of 100% guarantee he will start every game and get the benefits of that but on the other hand, after a season Mount had I think we can afford to send him on a more high risk loan to a top 5 league. 

Plus it will be much easier for him to get used to his surroundings and just play football - I don't know how strong the teams are but I can imagine Frank's Derby pushing for promotion. That would be a good challenge for Mason, especially if he's starting most of the games, right?

I don't think sending players out on loans constantly is good for them... especially if they're going out to different countries each time. This is probably best for another topic but I do think it must be quite hard to have to live in a new area every season and to try and impress the boss, especially when they know you'll be off next year.

I would have thought that Sarri would have liked to give our youth potentials a looksee before any decisions were made of his future.

You would also have thought Zola would have had some sort of chat with him to fill him in with any lads with real potential.

Looks like he and Abraham will be staying in the first XI for this preseason.

Interesting to see where he can fit in since we are going to be flooded with midfielders with all the options we would have should we get every target.

Now there is even talk of signing Wilmar Barrios in January!

Care Free Youth which has a massive twitter following said that Mount sat down and spoke with the club about their short & long term plans for the player. I hope they don't do the standard Vitesse --> Championship --> lower PL team route. I was personally hoping for a Bundesliga move for him. Lets hope the comfortable confines of Lampard/Morris have him rip up the championship then potentially come back next year and make a push for the first team. He posses the qualities that Sarri likes in players, which is why i find the timing of this loan confusing.

It's baffling to me that people are on board with this deal. An absolutely horrible loan move for a player that has already proved he is above this level of football and, as per usual with Chelsea, will waste a year of his development grinding away in a clogger league that will teach him and Chelsea next to nothing.

10 minutes ago, herpthederp said:

It's baffling to me that people are on board with this deal. An absolutely horrible loan move for a player that has already proved he is above this level of football and, as per usual with Chelsea, will waste a year of his development grinding away in a clogger league that will teach him and Chelsea next to nothing.

Ruben Neves disapproves!

1 hour ago, herpthederp said:

Apparently he turned down a 2 year loan to Bremen.