Mason Mount

the wes

14 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

Clearly gassed today. Lampard should be managing his minutes better than this. Great stamina or not.

This season top3 players in terms of minutes played:

Mount 450mins 

Werner 360mins

Zouma 299mins

I mean 5 games and our 3rd performer with most minutes played just a bit over 3 games. And we had 2 cup games. I really do not know what is Frank trying to do with Mount.

Maybe he is thinking when Puli and Hakim are back I cannot play him so I will play him now as much as possible?

Didnt see the game after 30 mins but we're burning out players chances of injuries goes up considerably if not given rest... Werner and Mount should have been rested for yesterday game. We have a big squad and doesnt mean shit if we dont use it well. I can understand that these players serve his narrative of being tireless but cannot keep going on and on. 

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

This season top3 players in terms of minutes played:

Mount 450mins 

Werner 360mins

Zouma 299mins

I mean 5 games and our 3rd performer with most minutes played just a bit over 3 games. And we had 2 cup games. I really do not know what is Frank trying to do with Mount.

You like to peddle this untouchable thing but last season he was on the bench in many big games. The last two CL group games with qualification anything but secure, the super cup, Arsenal and United at home, City away, Liverpool in the cup, United in the cup, that's eight big games he wasn't selected to start in. Not to mention he was took off at half time by Lampard on a couple of occasions and also against Liverpool aswell as in the cup final while we were losing, not exactly the rap sheet of a player who will always play no matter what is it?

Regarding why he's played every game so far this season, I'd hazard a guess it's because we're overhauling over half our side and we need a bit of continuity else it's going to take longer to mould together than it already will, for the same reason I Willian would have also played every game so far (and more than many would have wanted to see atleast in the short term) if he was still here.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Regarding why he's played every game so far this season, I'd hazard a guess it's because we're overhauling over half our side and we need a bit of continuity else it's going to take longer to mould together than it already will, for the same reason I Willian would have also played every game so far (and more than many would have wanted to see atleast in the short term) if he was still here.

It's ironic you speculated Mount is being played a lot for continuity purposes when Lampard isn't doing any favors in terms of continuity by constantly chopping and changing the team. 

It's obvious why he's playing every game because he can put a shift in anywhere on the pitch and is flexible enough to fill in, and seems to not struggle with injuries and has good energy levels. There isn't one other player that we would put in the mid 3 wide left/right or the number 10. 1 bad game today but it happens but he's been good the rest and was our best player vs West Brom.

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

There is a reason why Tammy had more assists than Mount last season (without counting set piece assists). Mount had two assists and Tammy six assists.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

All these mount problems we are seeing now is Lampards fault. Mount is an average player, he can't suddenly improve his talent to Havertz levels. Lampard should be protecting Mount, and playing him occasionally. Not every single minute and he certainly shouldn't be central to our team, he doesn't have that quality, he should just be a cog in the wheels of the team. 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Exactly. Mount is a runner, has high energy, presses, but he's not a No. 10 or Attacking mid. That role is for quick thinkers, passers and players who recognize space between the lines like Havertz. 

Exactly. Mount is a runner, has high energy, presses, but he's not a No. 10 or Attacking mid. That role is for quick thinkers, passers and players who recognize space between the lines like Havertz. 

Question is what other role can he play, because he is also not a no. 8 because he can't play world class passes from the deep nor is he a Arturo Vidal type of tackler. If Lampard continues with Mount like that, Lampard will eventually lose his job because he loved Mount too much

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Question is what other role can he play, because he is also not a no. 8 because he can't play world class passes from the deep nor is he a Arturo Vidal type of tackler. If Lampard continues with Mount like that, Lampard will eventually lose gis job because he loved Mount too much

For me he can be effective as No 6 in this our squad....Though I would love Lampard to pipe down a little bit and take him outta the team for a while....If we can get a Dennis Zakaria type of DM or his esque cos Declan Rice is average for me...Mount will thrive along Havertz not as the orchestrator but as important cog like system where he presses with his energy keep the flow and support the striker...

13 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Question is what other role can he play, because he is also not a no. 8 because he can't play world class passes from the deep nor is he a Arturo Vidal type of tackler. If Lampard continues with Mount like that, Lampard will eventually lose his job because he loved Mount too much

I actually think mount would be good in the No. 6. He is a runner, tackler, energetic and a lot of midfielders have had his traits and gone on to become great footballers. But he's not a no. 10 and Lampard has to realize this sooner.

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

So can we really blame Kova and Jorgi for no progressive passes forward?

I mean Jorginho played for Napoli and they played most beautiful footy in Europe.

Mount best position is LCM in 4-3-3.

What can he offer in the final 3rd?

His last 44 games he played for Chelsea he scored 4 goals. DDG howler, against WBA great strike but again GK should have saved that easily, Wolves free kick (Alonso also does this) and nice goal against Everton.

You compere him to Willian but I think he is even more frustrating. Just last 7 days: two sitters missed against Barnsley, and last night missed penalty and that easy pass he fucked for Werner.

So this is 4 possible goals and if you miss one or two it is ok maybe but he fucked up all 4 times.

Mount is a high energy jack of all trades that can do a job and fill a hole and a player I love having on the team for that reason.

He's not the quickest, best finisher, best passer best dribbler etc etc, but he isnt bad at any of that. He's like the 6th man in basketball which is important to have. It can't just be star quality all over the pitch. Havertz is no doubt better than mount at the number 10 role. But versatility is a useful skill to have.

Now at the moment he is playing a lot but I believe thats mostly due to necessity and because he can fill in anywhere other than defence or striker if we need to plug a gap. Everyone knows lampard loves him. But he loves all of them (barring left backs not called alonso and Emerson) and I'm fairly sure if we get a situation where all the signings are fit and playing well then mount will be more for rotation and knocks here or there and a great burst of energy sub to have. But that's not to say mount can't get better and earn runs in this team. As we saw he was the best player vs West Brom then was one of the worst barring Emerson vs spurs. But the kid will give it his all and that's all you can ask for from all the players

So can we really blame Kova and Jorgi for no progressive passes forward?
I mean Jorginho played for Napoli and they played most beautiful footy in Europe.
Mount best position is LCM in 4-3-3.
What can he offer in the final 3rd?
His last 44 games he played for Chelsea he scored 4 goals. DDG howler, against WBA great strike but again GK should have saved that easily, Wolves free kick (Alonso also does this) and nice goal against Everton.
You compere him to Willian but I think he is even more frustrating. Just last 7 days: two sitters missed against Barnsley, and last night missed penalty and that easy pass he fucked for Werner.
So this is 4 possible goals and if you miss one or two it is ok maybe but he fucked up all 4 times.

I think that's a bit unfair.

Last season in the prem he scored 7 assisted 5.
Willian was 9 and 7. Pulisic 9 and 4 (1k less minutes) But somewhat expected given where he plays.

The players he played in front of:

Kova 1 and 3.
Jorginho 4 and 2
Kante 3 and 0

So for a 21 year old who played all over I don't think that's bad in his first season in the prem at all.

If I remember rightly Frank was 23 when he came to Chelsea from West Ham. It took him a couple of years to really kick on and score double digit premier league goals. If Mason keeps up this level of work he will start to kick on, just like Frank but in a different way. One thing, it is hard to coach work rate and Mason has that which is why he will be a special player for the blues and most likely why Frank loves him. I do however think that once we get Pullisic and Ziyech back that Mount might be most effective as an LCM. Could you imagine the midfield engine with Kante and Mount in the middle of the park. Thats got work rate written all over it.