Mason Mount

the wes

6 hours ago, killer1257 said:

According to Christian Falk, Mount is not really happy that Havertz came.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Its utter BS and we can all smell it from long away.....how would he know such a thing? Not to mention I cant see Mount being a cunt about it. Horse shit from start to finish but of course the likes of daily-fail will run with it.

Worth pointing out that Mount said this earlier this year..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7899613/Mason-Mount-reveals-making-Premier-League-quitting-Chelsea.html

'For me, it's about having that same attitude I have had since I was six and making sure I never lose it,' he smiles. 'You just have to fight. You know Chelsea can always buy £60million or £70m or £80m players that are world-class. They want to come here and take my place.

'Just because I am an academy boy and young, that doesn't mean anything. But the mentality I have means I won't be pushed over easily. I will fight for my position and keep working hard. At a club as big as Chelsea you have to have that mentality. It always stuck with me. It's why I am here in the first place.'

He's no a quitter. He's a battler and he got the fighter mentality from his grandfather (boxing as a hobby). Believed in himself despite the concerns of his father for his future with CFC (Academy to the Pro). He grew up as a footballer and person by leaving his hometown (Portsmouth) at a early age and with his loan (Vitesse Arnhem/Derby Country). 

He always had a positive attitude.

That's what earned him a contract and a spot into the team. 

An example to follow without any doubt. 

Mount is the clear extra man in what would be our expected first team. But there's loads of games, injuries which will undoubtedly happen and general rotation so he'll get lots of opportunities. It's not like he's not out the team. I wouldn't be surprised if he has similar minutes to any of the front 4 barring Werner.

Lamps loves him as do most of us and he was really good for his debut season last year so if anything this will make him better

Just saw around 20 pics from training today and no one who had the game the day before (Tuesday) participated in it except Mount.

It is normal to have day off after the game so Chris, Giroud, Kante, Kovacic, CHO, Gallagher, Michy and even Abraham who was on the bench for England were not in Cobham but Mount still came...

Obviously he has amazing mentality and lets see where his work rate is going to take him. Guys like CHO and others imo have much more talent but if only they have this kind of determination.

And Mount had great start of the season last year but than disappeared for a long period of time, can this be the reason? Maybe he needs to chill a bit with training, can Frank tell him to take a damn day off?

Mason Mount always seems like a gym rat. If the doors are open, he will be in it. If the training grounds are open, that is where he finds joy. Nothing wrong with it, unless he is pushing hard all the time. I bet he just loves being there. I really like who he is as a baller.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

The more I see Mount, the more I feel like he's gonna become the next Willian in the team.

A better comparison is Pedro. He won't be a shining star when the team is shit (a role Willian was really good at) but put him in a fully functioning team and he will be an unsung hero (like Pedro was for Barca, in 16/17 and to an extent under Sarri).

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

A better comparison is Pedro. He won't be a shining star when the team is shit (a role Willian was really good at) but put him in a fully functioning team and he will be an unsung hero (like Pedro was for Barca, in 16/17 and to an extent under Sarri).

Oh really? Mount can't be accused for the lack of effort but he becomes absolute braindead in the final third, just like Willian. Runs into blind alleys, makes poor decisions with the ball etc. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Oh really? Mount can't be accused for the lack of effort but he becomes absolute braindead in the final third, just like Willian. Runs into blind alleys, makes poor decisions with the ball etc. 

Like Pedro Mount has more of an instinct to shoot compared to Willian but isn't on the same level as a ball carrier. Plus (again like Pedro) he's more intelligent with his pressing, Willian puts the effort in but he more ran around chasing the defender as opposed to pressing strategically like Pedro/Mount do.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Like Pedro Mount has more of an instinct to shoot compared to Willian but isn't on the same level as a ball carrier. Plus (again like Pedro) he's more intelligent with his pressing, Willian puts the effort in but he more ran around chasing the defender as opposed to pressing strategically like Pedro/Mount do.

Mount has more of an instinct to shoot than Willian...sure, but how many times we saw last season that he would shoot from ridiculous angles or positions for example? 

My point about Mount-Willian is that they both work hard and can't be accused for the lack of effort but they become absolutely useless in the final third, when you need them to produce consistent quality. And no, showing the odd flashes here and there doesn't count.