Mason Mount

the wes

30 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Mounts defensive contribution is so damn amazing.
One tackle won per game, 0.4 interceptions, 0.5 clearances per game.

Last season Ruben had 0.8 tackles per game, 0.5 interceptions per game and 0.2 clearances per game. What a huge difference wow.

Kevin de Bruyne wins 1.3 tackles per game, 0.5 interceptions and 0.7 clearances per game. Mason Mount is almost KDB level...

Mount is not even that good defensive wise what people want me to believe.

Mason Mount had 7 goals and 6 assists (4 of them were from set pieces) and he played 2900 minutes. Ruben scored 6 goals and had 2 assists in 1000 minutes in PL last season. I will not compare KDB with Mount from an offensive point of view lol. From winning aerial duels, Ruben wins almost 50% of his aerial duels, while Mount wins less than 20% of his duels. So Mount is no mastermind going forward and he is not a mastermind from a defensive point of view. You people make him out to be some sort of Arturo Vidal or Naingollan

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Two things. 

Mount has been playing in an AM role a lot this season, so he does not need to tackle as much. Sure, you can argue that he isn't creative enough to play that position but it isn't actually his position and he has been doing a job there. 

Two, Mount is much younger and in his first season in the PL. You cannot compare his stats currently to RLC/KdB until he is 23 for RLC and 27 for KdB. Further, I am a big Mount fan but do not think he is going to be as good as KdB who is the best midfielder in the PL. 

I just find it amazing that a kid, who is in his first year, only 20 years old for most the season, been asked to play a variety of positions that aren't his and has worked his socks off, is being beaten up is being criticised like this. If he had been brought for £40m or something then maybe it would be slightly justified but I do not see how Mount can be getting heat. This also goes double as he is currently playing in a much poorer side than the two you're comparing him too with a rookie coach. 

19 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I was talking about prime Vidal, but you can compare 33 year old Vidal with Mount too.

Vidal scored 8 and assisted 2 goals. Mount scored 7 and assisted two without set pieces. Vidal wins 1.9 tackles, 0.5 interceptions and 0.4 clearances per game.

So he is not even better than 33 year old Vidal past his prime neither defensive wise nor offensive wise

I don't think we should discount set pieces.

I mean we have been crying about having a decent free kick and corner taker. It's not like scoring 15 penalities to mega boost your stats. It's a genuinely dangerous skill. Look at TAA. Twice his set pieces have killed us.

Also, vidal plays for barca surrounded by messi, Suarez taking away the players. Even then 10 goals/assists vs 13 goals/assists. Come on bro, that's nothing to be scoffed at. 

While we are on the topic of set pieces. Why the hell did mount not take the FK yesterday from the edge of the box. Did not he just score a FK from exactly that position against wolves. 

What's worse is why the hell did Ross take it. I mean barkley.? Seriously? Mount should have put his foot down and said, "get lost. I am taking this"

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

I was talking about prime Vidal, but you can compare 33 year old Vidal with Mount too.

Vidal scored 8 and assisted 2 goals. Mount scored 7 and assisted two without set pieces. Vidal wins 1.9 tackles, 0.5 interceptions and 0.4 clearances per game.

So he is not even better than 33 year old Vidal past his prime neither defensive wise nor offensive wise

We get it, you don't like Mount. I think i had a similar discussion with you about this a few weeks back.

I can't understand people not rating Mount and what he has achieved this season, which has been impressive given his age and relative lack of experience at the highest level.

While we are on the topic of set pieces. Why the hell did mount not take the FK yesterday from the edge of the box. Did not he just score a FK from exactly that position against wolves. 
What's worse is why the hell did Ross take it. I mean barkley.? Seriously? Mount should have put his foot down and said, "get lost. I am taking this"

Yes, I was furious too. That was a perfect position for a Mount free kick. But Barkley seems to be a big name in the dressing room. He also took a penalty away from Willian against Valencia too.

1 minute ago, Simon1991 said:

We get it, you don't like Mount. I think i had a similar discussion with you about this a few weeks back.

I can't understand people not rating Mount and what he has achieved this season, which has been impressive given his age and relative lack of experience at the highest level.

He has better stats whilst being 2 years younger than Lampard on their debut Chelsea seasons. Bit bewildering how many don't take that into consideration and the likelihood he will grow and develop into a top player. 

On 02/08/2020 at 6:10 PM, SUNZ said:

This is the stuff I just find so frustrating about Mount.

Giroud has made the perfect run, play him in.

Attempting a weak shot that was never going to beat the goalkeeper stinks of selfishness and stupidity.

I would describe it as a rush of blood to the head rather than selfishness. It certainly wasn't stupidity. My feeling at the time was frustration, I can't abide low percentage pot shots taken at the cost of a higher percentage pass. Frank himself used to wind me up something chronic with a lot of his speculative shooting.

3 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

Because Dross is a moron. It was exactly like Valencia were he insisted on taking the penalty even though Jorgi is a suprior PK taker. That was just one of the many things he did last night that just further hammered home how he doesn't fit here. 

• 3 weeks later...

Whoopsie. Not the best time to be quarantined. Chelsea going bonkers in the transfer market and you are off on your hols to a hotspot. Now you have to sit out of training, pre-season training as well. Better hope that some of the new boys don't take the pre-season by storm and lose your spot because you went Greece. 

On 23/07/2020 at 0:34 AM, NikkiCFC said:

I was counting how many times he fucked up our attacks in the first half... Probably 6 or 7 times. 

No excuse playing him as LW over not only Puli but Pedro and CHO. He is not a winger. 

Anyway, looking forward to see what position will Frank invent for him next season to keep him in the starting 11 with Timo, Kai, Puli and Hakim around.

why quarantine btw. Do a  test and be done with it

7 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

why quarantine btw. Do a  test and be done with it

That's because the incubation period of COVID-19 is 14 days. The virus may have gotten inside someone but the symptom(s) may not show up until a few days later. 

10 hours ago, Jason said:

That's because the incubation period of COVID-19 is 14 days. The virus may have gotten inside someone but the symptom(s) may not show up until a few days later. 

that is irrelevant tho. A Corona test will detect the antibody just hours after a possible infection and days before there are any symptoms. In Germany we only quarantine till the test results are there.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

that is irrelevant tho. A Corona test will detect the antibody just hours after a possible infection and days before there are any symptoms. In Germany we only quarantine till the test results are there.

But that's not a foolproof approach? Standard procedure in most/many countries is 14-day quarantine and with at least 2 tests during the period.

Havertz vs Mount 3 years ago.

Looking at some U19 highlights games Mount really looked like a baller... Now I understand why was he so rated in youth. 

I think physicality is the biggest issue in his transition into senior football.