Mason Mount

the wes

I think this article doing the rounds is a fake. Surely.

Dont see how anyone could rate Alexander Arnold, Mount, Foden, Sancho or Pulisic above Havertz, de Jong or ultimately Mbappe, yet alone the greatest footballer of all time.

That isnt a criticism of them but Mbappe, Havertz and de Jong are incredible. For me, Kylian Mbappe is already world class and there isnt anybody better in his age bracket or even at many of the top top clubs around Europe, regardless of age.

You dont see many young players, yet alone young central midfielders, who have the attributes or traits that Frenkie de Jong has either: tactical understanding, technique, versatility, dribbling, vision, recovering the ball, passing range. 

Kai Havertz as well in that number 10 position, will undoubtedly be a top top player.

Not to say these other boys wont have top careers, they will, but those 3 and also throw in de Ligt, Vinicuis, Rodrygo as well as a few others who are missing in that list. Good few other young players on it though, Dembele and Eder Militao who havent quite kicked on but still, very good young players. Kimmich may be older but again an excellent player. The boy from Lyon as well. 

Chelsea's Mason Mount labelled 'best young player' in the Premier League

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/chelseas-mason-mount-labelled-best-21819021

0_gettyimages-1168776162-594x594.jpg

Chelsea star Mason Mount has been labelled the best young player in the Premier League.

That is the verdict from Everton legend Tim Cahill, who also revealed he is a big fan of Frank Lampard.

The Blues have operated in a way never seen before in the Roman Abramovich era.

With a transfer ban overhead, the west London outfit have turned to their academy for players this campaign.

It has seen the likes of Mount, Tammy Abraham and Reece James become key players while Callum Hudson-Odoi, Billy Gilmour and Fikayo Tomori have also impressed.

And though it has been far from perfect, the signs are promising for Lampard's young team.

They sit fourth in the Premier League and made it to the knockout stage of the Champions League, all in the Englishman's first year in the competition as a manager.

Previously, Lampard had just one year of managerial experience at Derby - where he coached Mount on loan from the Blues.

And ex-Australia star Cahill reckons the England international is a star in the making.

“I like the look of Mason Mount,” Cahill told Sky Sports when asked to name the best young player in the league.

“I think he’s a top goalscorer and he’s got a massive career ahead of him.

“One of the reasons why I like him a lot is because of his coach (Frank Lampard) and the way that he’s trying to mould a player similar to himself.

“He can lead him and show him the right ways.

snip

erm, Trent Alexander-Arnold is only 3 months older and already the best fullback on the planet

lolol

then there is Declan Rice (4 days younger)

Pulisic (3 and half months older)

Soon maybe Gilmour

I would swap Mount for Mason Greenwood in a heartbeat

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea’s Young Player of the Year: Mason Mount

https://theathletic.com/1748203/2020/04/17/mount-mason-chelsea-young-player-year/

mason-mount-chelsea.jpg

In the Roman Abramovich era, there has never been competition like it. Deciding on Chelsea’s Young Player of the Year is usually a fairly straightforward affair because of the lack of options, but that isn’t the case this season.

That isn’t to say its recent winners at the club’s annual award ceremony haven’t deserved the accolade, or suggest that it has come easy. Boasting one of the best academies in Europe means there is always a lot of talent to consider regardless of whether they are in the first-team squad or not.

But no class has shone as bright as that of 2019-20. This is the campaign which will go down in Chelsea’s history books as the one when youth was truly given a chance.

Just look at the number of names in contention. Going by the same criteria the PFA uses for its young player award — you must be aged 23 or under when the season starts — there are seven who have made a minimum of 20 first-team appearances.

Tammy Abraham, Christian Pulisic, Fikayo Tomori, Reece James, Andreas Christensen and Callum Hudson-Odoi, despite having to play his way into form after a serious injury, are all eligible for the honour. But one young man stands out from all the rest: Mason Mount.

Inevitably there will be those reading this who don’t agree, but through his selection policy, head coach Frank Lampard has made it clear whom he values the most.

In what is his first season playing in the Premier League, Mount is the only Chelsea player to have appeared in all 29 league fixtures. In terms of total league minutes played, only Cesar Azpilicueta (92.7 per cent of them) has been on the pitch for Chelsea more than Mount (88.2 per cent). Mount has made the squad for every Chelsea match this season, and has only failed to make the pitch for one of their 42 games (when he stayed on the bench for the 7-1 win over Grimsby Town in the League Cup).

“To have that at that age, that level of mental strength to keep going, is remarkable,” former Chelsea goalkeeper Rob Green tells The Athletic. “Mount would have gone to all the Champions Leagues games too, and the travelling that entails. It’s a real credit to him.

“This is the beauty of sending players out on loan. He had to get used to that schedule in the Championship at Derby under Lampard last season. He went into the play-offs and had a taste of high-pressure games. He already knew he could play regularly under Lampard. As a young player, playing every week, it is mentally draining. To be able to keep going through the season is a real testament to his mental fitness as well as his physical condition.”

There have been a number of challenges along the way, from the very first match back in August. Not only was Mount part of the side that lost 4-0 to Manchester United at Old Trafford, his name — along with those of Abraham and Christensen — made the headlines as predecessor Jose Mourinho questioned Lampard’s selection policy.

Mourinho, a Sky Sports pundit at the match, said: “You look to the performance of Mason Mount, the performance of Tammy Abraham, you look to the performance even of Christensen and for matches of this dimension you need a little bit more.”

It had actually been one of those games when the final score bears no reflection to the balance of play. Lampard reacted incredulously on being told about his old manager’s verdict. “He didn’t like the performance of Mason Mount?” Lampard replied, shaking his head in disbelief. “Is that what he said?”

Another blow, literally, came a month later when Mount’s Champions League debut was ended after just 16 minutes due to an ankle injury caused by a terrible challenge from Valencia midfielder Francis Coquelin.

With hindsight it was perhaps not the wisest decision, but it is a measure of Mount’s character, determination and willingness to contribute that he trained the next day and started the following weekend against Liverpool.

Three goals in his first five Premier League matches, either side of his England debut against Bulgaria in September, meant the midfielder was showered with praise and hype from an early stage. Yet people at the club noticed no change in his attitude. The attention didn’t go to the then 20-year-old’s head. The work rate remained the same.

Sources at the training ground have told The Athletic how he regularly does extra drills after training, usually alongside Lampard.

Indeed, while it wasn’t condoned by anyone at the club, there was little surprise that Mount was the one who broke curfew during the coronavirus lockdown to have a kickabout last month. As one insider put it, “Obviously it was the wrong thing to do and he was naive, but everyone also knew it was because he just loves football so much.”

There have been dips in form along the way, but that is inevitable when a player is starting out. It should also be pointed out Mount, now 21, has had to play a number of different positions — midfield, on the flanks, as a No 10 and supporting the frontman — so perhaps it’s inevitable there have been fluctuations.

Still, the statistics make good reading.

In the Premier League, he has found the net six times and has five assists. It means he has been significantly involved in more than a fifth (21.6 per cent) of Chelsea’s goals.

His overall output compared to Jorginho, Mateo Kovacic, Ross Barkley and Pulisic, to name just four, is strong. Mount has had more shots (68), created more chances (43) and contested more duels (267) than the others — an extremely impressive all-round contribution, even if his extra minutes on the pitch help to boost those stats.

Tomori’s impressive run in central defence during the first half of the campaign, the crossing ability of James from right-back and Abraham’s 15 goals put them in the frame too, but Mount edges it.

“He is now one of the Chelsea players you have to watch out for and that’s a credit to him,” Green adds. “That is no mean feat to reach in any Chelsea side.

“He has an ability to shift the ball away from defenders and get a shot off. In general play he is always looking forward and that suits someone like Tammy. He is also someone Jorginho can thrive off because he runs into space — Jorginho can always look to find him.

“Frank having him on loan at Derby last season has helped him no end. The challenge is that since the turn of the year he was becoming a marked man in every sense. His touch is going to have to be spot-on all the time because opponents are looking to be aggressive early. People won’t let him have a touch 40 yards from goal, because they know what he’s capable of. He’s become a marked man.”

There is perhaps no greater compliment than that.

Next week, The Athletic’s writers will be choosing their Player of the Year for their club and writing a piece explaining their pick. We are also hosting an awards night on our app and social media on Sunday April 26 to decide The Athletic’s awards for the season so far. Look out for details on Twitter and our podcasts soon.

'' Tammy Abraham, Christian Pulisic, Fikayo Tomori, Reece James, Andreas Christensen and Callum Hudson-Odoi, despite having to play his way into form after a serious injury, are all eligible for the honour. But one young man stands out from all the rest: Mason Mount.'' 

I have so much to say about this with real stats and arguments but this PR article doesn't deserve more than just one HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

In the Premier League, he has found the net six times and has five assists. It means he has been significantly involved in more than a fifth (21.6 per cent) of Chelsea’s goals.

His overall output compared to Jorginho, Mateo Kovacic, Ross Barkley and Pulisic, to name just four, is strong. Mount has had more shots (68), created more chances (43) and contested more duels (267) than the others — an extremely impressive all-round contribution, even if his extra minutes on the pitch help to boost those stats.

I have no problems with Mount at the moment but aren't those numbers somewhat misleading or selective? Mount may have 6 goals and 5 assists in the league but the numbers are spread out way too much and as mentioned in previous discussion, 4 of those assists have come in set piece situations - while they are still assists at the end of the day, it also perhaps points to a lack of creativity or precision in open play. And the 21.6% highlighted above only looks good because of our inability to convert chances.

Also, Mount is more of an attacking midfielder compared to Jorginho and Kovacic. So why is he being compared with those two, instead of Willian for example? Why is Barkley even there when he has played significantly less minutes than the rest (only 675 league minutes)? Mount's numbers are also bound to be higher considering he has played in every game and way more minutes this season, compared to the others. The Shots and Chances Created stats are also silly to use for justification, because (a - Shots) someone could take a random shot from 35 yards or from a tight angle that isn't even threatening but make it look like the player is doing something when you look at the numbers and (b - Chances Created) someone could simply make a 5 yard pass to another person who then takes a random shot from 35 yards and and make it look like the former is creative or something. A better illustration of this would be to break down the shots and chances, using xG or show where the shots and chances happened etc. 

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

I have no problems with Mount at the moment but aren't those numbers somewhat misleading or selective? Mount may have 6 goals and 5 assists in the league but the numbers are spread out way too much and as mentioned in previous discussion, 4 of those assists have come in set piece situations - while they are still assists at the end of the day, it also perhaps points to a lack of creativity or precision in open play. And the 21.6% highlighted above only looks good because of our inability to convert chances.

Also, Mount is more of an attacking midfielder compared to Jorginho and Kovacic. So why is he being compared with those two, instead of Willian for example? Why is Barkley even there when he has played significantly less minutes than the rest (only 675 league minutes)? Mount's numbers are also bound to be higher considering he has played in every game and way more minutes this season, compared to the others. The Shots and Chances Created stats are also silly to use for justification, because (a - Shots) someone could take a random shot from 35 yards or from a tight angle that isn't even threatening but make it look like the player is doing something when you look at the numbers and (b - Chances Created) someone could simply make a 5 yard pass to another person who then takes a random shot from 35 yards and and make it look like the former is creative or something. A better illustration of this would be to break down the shots and chances, using xG or show where the shots and chances happened etc. 

I would pick Reece, then Abraham, then Mount.

Reading some of these comments about Mount is absolutely shocking. Mason this year has been thrown in the deep end at 20/21 and has had to play all over the shop to plug gaps. For most of the season he hasn't even played in his best position (No.8) and his experience before that was playing in the Championship and the Dutch League. 

Further, the kid also has a great attitude and seems level headed. I am not saying he is perfect but he has played more games than any of the other young players and he hasn't had a game where he has been dire/made shocking mistakes or been given the complete run around.

Personally, I like James the most of the crop but he was destroyed by Davis in the BM game, has only played around half the amount of games Mount has and has been able to play his position when he has played, unlike Mount. As for Tammy, he has had some shocking misses and has done the wrong thing on numerous occasions (not playing in Willian and Mount in the Brighton and Liverpool games) so I am at a complete loss as to why Mount is taking so much flak here. 

5 hours ago, King Kante said:

Reading some of these comments about Mount is absolutely shocking. Mason this year has been thrown in the deep end at 20/21 and has had to play all over the shop to plug gaps. For most of the season he hasn't even played in his best position (No.8) and his experience before that was playing in the Championship and the Dutch League. 

Further, the kid also has a great attitude and seems level headed. I am not saying he is perfect but he has played more games than any of the other young players and he hasn't had a game where he has been dire/made shocking mistakes or been given the complete run around.

Personally, I like James the most of the crop but he was destroyed by Davis in the BM game, has only played around half the amount of games Mount has and has been able to play his position when he has played, unlike Mount. As for Tammy, he has had some shocking misses and has done the wrong thing on numerous occasions (not playing in Willian and Mount in the Brighton and Liverpool games) so I am at a complete loss as to why Mount is taking so much flak here. 

It's been the case with all the youngsters, the only one I haven't had to defend against some pretty inane comments is Reece James, even Gilmour was branded 'a joke' after the United league cup game for having the gall to not have the best game out of position facing a top flight team for only the second time.

What makes is worse is these youngsters haven't come in a position of strength. The last time a youth movement like this happened was United's CO92, they had world class players and the greatest ever manager as safety nets. This lot don't have either, they've come straight into a squad that lost its game changer, are trying to do a complete 180 on their style of play and under the guidance of a manager that is in the exact same boat as them yet despite all that we are currently occupying a top four place mainly because of these boys.

They've had to come straight in (most of whom playing in a major league for the first time) and stand up and be counted straight away, all things considered the young one's have done stellar jobs, each and every one of them.

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

I would pick Reece, then Abraham, then Mount.

I would also put them ahead. But for me Pulisic is also way ahead.

Pulisic 1576 minutes this season: 6 goals, 6 assists.

Mount 2866 - 6 goals 5 assists (one from open play).

Pulisic at worst had 5 games in a row where he was really quite, Mount had 3,4 months while being regular.

To others. What is shocking about comments on Mount? Just looked last 2 pages.

And worst things I found was people criticizing him for breaking self isolation rules, and not agreeing that he is BEST young Chelsea player, best young player in the PL, and one of the best young players in the world which was claimed by fake Messi interview.

So last thing no one really claimed I just pointed out how ridiculous is that and it is fake.

I said to myself I would not say any negative things about Mount and others while football is canceled but it is hard to stay immune to these articles which I suspect are coming from MM PR team.

I mean I graduated PR/journalism I know how this things work.

Paying some poor tabloid in Brazil to write a story how Messi praised Mount to heaven and then all English media took that story and put only Mount on headlines when fake interview had 15 players mentioned like Pulisic, TAA... Classic PR bs...

Brazilian tabloid removed story but in England only Messi said Mason is one of the best stayed.   That was like 15 days ago and I noticed more stories praising Mount in the coming days where they claimed he is one of the best.

If someone claims that Tomori is best young player in the PL I am sure many including myself would make fun of that? Basically I do not see any difference with someone saying that or about Mount.

After all he was Derby POTY last season not Mount and right now he is our 4th CB who is likely going on loan again next season.

I am not big fan of Tammy but he is in top10 goalscorers in the league. How is Mount ahead of him? I already said about Pulisic. 

Mount may get young player of the year in Chelsea award but that is still more because of other youngsters injuries than because of him.

For me in every scenario Pulisic and Abraham are ahead. Limited minutes because of injuries is the only thing that prevents CHO, James and Gilmour being ahead of him too.

So in reality from being best young PL player of the season he is not in top5 in his on club. But that is not important if we look at thing realistically. 

Mount is just one young player in the squad who proved nothing for now just like the others. But we all need to see him that way. His team and fanboys are doing him biggest damage with stories like this.

After we lost 4:0 against UTD Jose mentioned 4 young players and Lamps jump at conference only to defend Mason. So he is not helping either. 

So to sum up, I and I am sure others have nothing personally against MM but he has to be equal to all others. Pulisic, Tomori even older players like Kovacic, Kepa all got dropped for even less but not Mason.

Impression I got sometimes about him is that he is privileged and it is like rich kid in school who always get best grades because his parents are good with school director... And I am not the only one so this is why nephew thing started. 

I may be wrong ofc and I hope I am proved wrong but this is my impression. So people who wrote articles like this above need to chill a bit because it is not helping. They are the ones who go over the top not me, Henrique, Nicco or Vesper. 

Yes, James got destroyed by Davies but no one said a word because he is young player with a lot of potential... So let Mason be the same...

One more thing.

This is the place where our fans vote after every game with players ratings. You can see that Pulisic is 6.8 just like James. Tomori 6.7. Abraham 6.5. Mount 6.2. 

This is before our last two games but could not find it after and except Mason others did not play so it is the same, he may got better votes tho.

I did not want to write all this but I got provoked :lol:

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2020/3/2/21160980/bournemouth-vs-chelsea-premier-leauge-player-ratings

57 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Pulisic at worst had 5 games in a row where he was really quite, Mount had 3,4 months while being regular.

And worst things I found was people criticizing him for breaking self isolation rules, and not agreeing that he is BEST young Chelsea player, best young player in the PL, and one of the best young players in the world which was claimed by fake Messi interview.

So last thing no one really claimed I just pointed out how ridiculous is that and it is fake.

I said to myself I would not say any negative things about Mount and others while football is canceled but it is hard to stay immune to these articles which I suspect are coming from MM PR team.

Paying some poor tabloid in Brazil to write a story how Messi praised Mount to heaven and then all English media took that story and put only Mount on headlines when fake interview had 15 players mentioned like Pulisic, TAA... Classic PR bs...

Brazilian tabloid removed story but in England only Messi said Mason is one of the best stayed.   That was like 15 days ago and I noticed more stories praising Mount in the coming days where they claimed he is one of the best.

If someone claims that Tomori is best young player in the PL I am sure many including myself would make fun of that? Basically I do not see any difference with someone saying that or about Mount.

After all he was Derby POTY last season not Mount and right now he is our 4th CB who is likely going on loan again next season.

I am not big fan of Tammy but he is in top10 goalscorers in the league. How is Mount ahead of him? I already said about Pulisic. 

Mount may get young player of the year in Chelsea award but that is still more because of other youngsters injuries than because of him.

For me in every scenario Pulisic and Abraham are ahead. Limited minutes because of injuries is the only thing that prevents CHO, James and Gilmour being ahead of him too.

So in reality from being best young PL player of the season he is not in top5 in his on club. But that is not important if we look at thing realistically. 

Mount is just one young player in the squad who proved nothing for now just like the others. But we all need to see him that way. His team and fanboys are doing him biggest damage with stories like this.

After we lost 4:0 against UTD Jose mentioned 4 young players and Lamps jump at conference only to defend Mason. So he is not helping either. 

So to sum up, I and I am sure others have nothing personally against MM but he has to be equal to all others. Pulisic, Tomori even older players like Kovacic, Kepa all got dropped for even less but not Mason.

Impression I got sometimes about him is that he is privileged and it is like rich kid in school who always get best grades because his parents are good with school director... And I am not the only one so this is why nephew thing started. 

I may be wrong ofc and I hope I am proved wrong but this is my impression. So people who wrote articles like this above need to chill a bit because it is not helping. They are the ones who go over the top not me, Henrique, Nicco or Vesper. 

Yes, James got destroyed by Davies but no one said a word because he is young player with a lot of potential... So let Mason be the same...

One more thing.

This is the place where our fans vote after every game with players ratings. You can see that Pulisic is 6.8 just like James. Tomori 6.7. Abraham 6.5. Mount 6.2. 

This is before our last two games but could not find it after and except Mason others did not play so it is the same, he may got better votes tho.

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2020/3/2/21160980/bournemouth-vs-chelsea-premier-leauge-player-ratings

For every one person who's called him the best talent atleast 5 call him useless.

I can't speak for any other Chelsea fan but from my perspective it's not just him it's all the young players (apart from James) that are getting unfair stick. Take Hudson Odoi for example, against Arsenal at home (despite the gut wreching result) he was superb, created about 5 clear chances and got a quality assist which was denied being a match winning one through no fault of his own. I went on his thread expecting it to be the main escape from the result and see people raving about the fact we've got such a talent with such elite potential but not only was that so far away from what did transpire I had to defend him against a comment that branded him brain-dead.

I don't have a single problem with constructive criticism, with Mount for example I am a little bit disappointed he seems to have lost the creative edge he had at youth level and Vittese, what I take issue with are things like during the live match thread for Spurs away where Mount was comfortably our best player outside of Willian but still getting blasted at will. I have never done that to anyone during or in the aftermath of them having a screamer, not even Torres.

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

One more thing.

What is the point of comparing Mount's stats to Puli's? Mount is a CM and Puli is a AM. MM has been playing in a AM position due to injuries not because it is his actual position. Further, Mount's form dropped at the same time as the rest of the team so I wouldn't put it all on him as he is a young player, playing his first season in the league. As Tomo mentioned, MM and the other young players are not walking into the team full of world class players like Utd's Co92. Further, who was he meant to be dropped for? Dross Barkley? 

From looking at things with the squad from the outside in, I think Mount has kept his place all the time because he doesn't do anything poor or make stupid decisions and he has had no competition. For instance, Tomori overplays and gets caught out of position and Tammy makes the wrong choices when in on goal. Of course some criticism can be levelled that MM's output is not good enough, but again I would not say it is poor. For instance his involvement in 11 goals/assists is similar to the output that we have been getting, on average, from Willian for the past few years. 

So, when there are people saying he is a golden child or starting loool'ing him when he is classed as having the best season, it is very mystifying to me. In fact it reminds me of what West Ham fans used to say about SFL (not saying he will be as good, just saying it is very similar.)

As for all the young players, as I said before, James seems the best and my highlighting of the run around Davies gave him was not to hammer him, but to rather highlight that MM has not had such things happen to him which is one of the key reasons why he has kept his position more than the others. 

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

For every one person who's called him the best talent atleast 5 call him useless.

I can't speak for any other Chelsea fan but from my perspective it's not just him it's all the young players (apart from James) that are getting unfair stick. Take Hudson Odoi for example, against Arsenal at home (despite the gut wreching result) he was superb, created about 5 clear chances and got a quality assist which was denied being a match winning one through no fault of his own. I went on his thread expecting it to be the main escape from the result and see people raving about the fact we've got such a talent with such elite potential but not only was that so far away from what did transpire I had to defend him against a comment that branded him brain-dead.

I don't have a single problem with constructive criticism, with Mount for example I am a little bit disappointed he seems to have lost the creative edge he had at youth level and Vittese, what I take issue with are things like during the live match thread for Spurs away where Mount was comfortably our best player outside of Willian but still getting blasted at will. I have never done that to anyone during or in the aftermath of them having a screamer, not even Torres.

Agree with all of this. CHO is in a very difficult position because he has been hyped beyond anything we can measure and he has been given a big contract after haggling. For me, CHO needs to be given time and he needs to play. My worry with him is if he does not get 10+ goals and 10+ assists next year, people will turn against him big time. 

As for Mount, I think the creative edge has not moved over because he has changed his position. Previously, in the youth teams he was more of an old school No.10 which does not really exist in the game today and can only really be played in a 4231 and he has instead moved to being more of a No.8. I noticed this with him last year with Derby as initially he started in that position but gradually moved to being an No.8 as Wilson took up more of the forward work. Former watching MM this season, everything he does tells me his best position is No.8, as he played against Spuds. 

One last thing, and this is not aimed at anyone in particular, what needs to be remembered with this crop of youth players is that not all of the players are going to turn into world class players. Some may do, whilst others will become solid top pros and some may just become squad players (if we are lucky). For instance with the Co92, I would say Scholes was really the only one I would term world class (add young Giggs to this as he dipped off after getting into the 00's). Beckham was close to being world class but was more famous than anything, whilst Nevile was a solid PL starter. After that you had Butt and P.Nevile who where decent squad players and not much more. Thus, when people look at the young boys, they should keep this in mind and not expect all of them to end up being world beaters as it just isn't going to happen and if we get that we should be as grateful as Man Utd fans are for that generation. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Agree with all of this. CHO is in a very difficult position because he has been hyped beyond anything we can measure and he has been given a big contract after haggling. For me, CHO needs to be given time and he needs to play. My worry with him is if he does not get 10+ goals and 10+ assists next year, people will turn against him big time. 

Honestly, fully fit season I think that's absolute minimum return we will get from him. Infact he must be close to 10 assists this season despite the stop start nature to it (for him).

I think the stuff with the contract plus his admittedly poor run of form before Christmas has made people forget/ignore just what a talent we have on our hands.

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

What is the point of comparing Mount's stats to Puli's? Mount is a CM and Puli is a AM. MM has been playing in a AM position due to injuries not because it is his actual position. 

Why not? Puli is winger and MM is most advanced midfielder. Call me crazy but I expect more assists from AM/most advanced CM than from winger. Just take a look at list of players with most assists in PL history. Majority midfielders and some strikers.

If MM did not take our set pieces he would still have zero assists (he has one assists from open play but it was after little play after he took corner). 

Also my previous post was more about things not related to football. Speaking of football I remember many situations when we were losing looking for goal and attacking but nothing happened. 

I wish Mount is in situations like this more proactive always looking for ball, come back if needed to get the ball basically something Grealish does for Villa. Mount was usually in the box close to Tammy waiting and hiding. He did score against Villa being there.

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Why not? Puli is winger and MM is most advanced midfielder. Call me crazy but I expect more assists from AM/most advanced CM than from winger. Just take a look at list of players with most assists in PL history. Majority midfielders and some strikers.

If MM did not take our set pieces he would still have zero assists (he has one assists from open play but it was after little play after he took corner). 

Also my previous post was more about things not related to football. Speaking of football I remember many situations when we were losing looking for goal and attacking but nothing happened. 

I wish Mount is in situations like this more proactive always looking for ball, come back if needed to get the ball basically something Grealish does for Villa. Mount was usually in the box close to Tammy waiting and hiding. He did score against Villa being there.

Interesting that you mention Grealish. Grealish is 2.5 years older than Mount and this is how there stats compare for the last two years in league games; 

Mount 

18/19 - 39 Games, 3711 minutes, 9 goals, 5 assists. Goal/assist every 265 min.

19/20 - 29 games, 2302 minutes, 6 goals, 5 assists. Goal/assist every 209 min. 

Grealish 

18/19 - 35 games, 3088 minutes, 6 goals, 8 assits. Goal/assist every 221 min.

19/20 - 26 games, 2334 minutes,  7 goals, 6 assits. Goal/assist every 180 min.

Further Grealish at the same age as Mount this year had: 

16/17 - 31 games, 1876 minutes, 5 goals, 5 assists. Goal/assist every 187 min. However this was in the Championship and not the PL. 

When looking at those stats, MM's trajectory looks to be higher than Grealish's. Further, MM seems much more professional. Since the lockdown, MM went out to play football with a mate down the park, while Grealish went out to a party and crashed his car.