Mason Mount

the wes

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Regarding Ross' goal, what good is it when he does that once every 3 or 4 months? Like Willian as well? 

I don't know what is with people's fascination with Barkley. We'll get the performance we saw against Liverpool once in a while but more often than not, we'll see performances like the one he had against Bayern. If the idea here is to make sure we have top quality players, then his performance against Bayern was hardly glowing, was it? Barkley turns 27 later this year. If he doesn't get it now, he will never get it. Although Mount has frustrated with his inconsistency and lack of final product, I'd still be patient with him for at least another season or two. Given he is only 21, there is more upside to Mount than Barkley, who has been around for ages in this league and has yet to produce any sort of consistency - be it the performances or output. Heck, his numbers are similar to Willian's!

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

His goal this season away to Norwich is the type of touch and control to get past the defender we became accustomed to from Hazard.

His goals against Wolves and Aston Villa weren't too bad either. 

39 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't know what is with people's fascination with Barkley. We'll get the performance we saw against Liverpool once in a while but more often than not, we'll see performances like the one he had against Bayern. 

In all honesty i thought Ross was incredibly frustrating Vs Liverpool even by his standards, even his goal came about after he failed to spot that a simple pass would have put Pedro through on goal.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

In all honesty i thought Ross was incredibly frustrating Vs Liverpool even by his standards, even his goal came about after he failed to spot that a simple pass would have put Pedro through on goal.

It was okay here and there. I guess it's encouraging if you look at it based on Barkley's usual standards. 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

The goal seems to have gotten him a lot of praise and papered over the cracks in his consistency and final product most weeks. He was very ordinary throughout I think, better than usual but hardly that good.

Even funnier, sky sports gave him MOTM, fuck knows what they were watching. 

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

The goal seems to have gotten him a lot of praise and papered over the cracks in his consistency and final product most weeks. He was very ordinary throughout I think, better than usual but hardly that good.

Even funnier, sky sports gave him MOTM, fuck knows what they were watching. 

Guardian went all pro-Barkley in their match report too! :lol: 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I don't know what is with people's fascination with Barkley. We'll get the performance we saw against Liverpool once in a while but more often than not, we'll see performances like the one he had against Bayern. If the idea here is to make sure we have top quality players, then his performance against Bayern was hardly glowing, was it? Barkley turns 27 later this year. If he doesn't get it now, he will never get it. Although Mount has frustrated with his inconsistency and lack of final product, I'd still be patient with him for at least another season or two. Given he is only 21, there is more upside to Mount than Barkley, who has been around for ages in this league and has yet to produce any sort of consistency - be it the performances or output. Heck, his numbers are similar to Willian's!

His goals against Wolves and Aston Villa weren't too bad either. 

True and Barkley once was this

But he never turned out consistently. Same with mount so far but he has age on his side. Still he must use it to not end up the same washed up has been

Mount: I was too desperate to end my Chelsea goal drought

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/mount-i-was-too-desperate-to-end-my-chelsea-goal-drought/joq42bxrw99115trtvv6wef8e

"I have found recently that I have been trying too hard to score and kind of snatching at shots and trying to take shot when off-balance and stuff," Mount said at Stamford Bridge. "When you're so focused on scoring and thinking 'I need to score', you do that.

"You start snatching at it. You don’t take your time and focus on your technique enough. Today, I kind of had looked at my game and where I've been going wrong recently and to aim, stay calm and not to try to look for it as much as I have been.

"It just happened. I took a touch and turned and finished. It wasn’t me thinking about it too much. I think I've been overthinking it. It hasn't been coming my way and I have been snatching at it.

"Today, it was the total opposite. It wasn’t in my head, I just focused on the performance and it came. I do look at games. My dad is very into football and watching my game and where I can improve. He helps me a lot.

"He's here for every game and after he'll tell me what I did best and what I didn’t do well and where I need to improve. The last few games has been finishing and end product.

"I think I took a shot against Bournemouth from an impossible angle where I was just trying to score a worldy when it wasn’t on. We spoke about that. More just me personally looking at my game, speaking to my dad as well.

"I think about games like the Bayern game where I snatched a chance with my left foot where it hasn’t been on. It's something where you don’t have to try so much. It just comes at the right time and it did today.

"You listen to every bit of advice coming your way and learn from it. It's good to have my dad there focused on me, watching what I need to do better. It helps me so much coming off the pitch speaking to him in the car. We have done that since I was a little kid and some things never change."

On 3/16/2020 at 7:59 AM, Strike said:

Haha poor Mount. Take the fine and stay inside. 

If someone else did it fine would be put in place already and that player would be abused here on two pages. This guy has free pass on everything...

On 15/03/2020 at 10:17 PM, Jason said:

Fuck sake. 

Might sound harsh but what a moron, very selfish putting other folk at risk.

I would imagine there would of been kids and other adults in the area undoubtedly so for somebody who has been told to self isolate because he was exposed to a team mate who had/has the virus to show up to a public area for a kick about.... is it any wonder people think footballers are thick as fuck?

I mean Lampard was pretty harsh on Barkley for an incident regarding a taxi so will have to see what happens to Mount. 

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Fuck sake. 

Might sound harsh but what a moron, very selfish putting other folk at risk.

I would imagine there would of been kids and other adults in the area undoubtedly so for somebody who has been told to self isolate because he was exposed to a team mate who had/has the virus to show up to a public area for a kick about.... is it any wonder people think footballers are thick as fuck?

I mean Lampard was pretty harsh on Barkley for an incident regarding a taxi so will have to see what happens to Mount. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8119281/Mason-Mount-apologises-Chelsea-boss-Frank-Lampard-spotted-outside-self-isolation.html

Think this Mount situation is a little to the Barkley one and how exactly was Lampard harsh on Barkley back then? 

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8119281/Mason-Mount-apologises-Chelsea-boss-Frank-Lampard-spotted-outside-self-isolation.html

Think this Mount situation is a little to the Barkley one and how exactly was Lampard harsh on Barkley back then? 

I think for something little such as being photographed/spotted not wearing a top in a nightclub and something wee regarding a taxi it was hardly a huge issue. Yet Lampard said he had a lack of professionalism and left him out the squad if I remember correctly as a punishment? Despite saying he didnt think it was that bad a thing either? Okay even then, they arent the same situation in severity, we've got somebody who hasnt just defied a club order but also a clear medical nationwide order that has been advised by the NHS. And not a squeak? Not even a squeak in here? 

I know the guys a footballer and the football is off indefinitely (we are all missing it I am sure) but what Masons done isnt just selfish but very reckless. Apology or not, it doesnt make it right or whatever, even if hes not showing any symptoms.

What about his concerns of the other people who could have been at the park? Kids, adults, elderly folk with grandkids etc? A week or whatever after one of his team mates was confirmed to have the virus and he was advised to self isolate like the rest of the squad? Yes what are the chances of somebody who was there that day coming into contact with him in whatever way (although again him and Declan Rice were both there, I doubt many young or even older English/Premier League fans wouldnt recognise one or both and maybe want autographs or photos or even just to try get a handshake/hug or whatever) even carrying the virus but still, for me, the situation is definitely a lot more serious so the chances are the punishment should be more severe, or so I would reckon (okay he cant leave him out the squad as the games are off but...)

Even then, in terms of common sense for fuck sake why couldnt he just follow the orders like everyone else has done? Or was he going out to binge buy toilet roll or pasta after his kick about?