Mason Mount

the wes

Chelsea fans will love what Mason Mount's dad has said after Spurs victory

Mount was an impressive performer against Spurs at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Sunday and his dad has used social media to have his say on the match and Jose Mourinho

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/chelsea-fans-love-what-mason-17463209

• 2 weeks later...

Last season it was Jorginho that drove me mad. This season is Mount. We started the decade with Essien, Ballack and Lampard in the midfield. We ended the season with Jorginho and Mason Mount. It sums up the whole decade in terms of squad quality regression. 

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

Last season it was Jorginho that drove me mad. This season is Mount. We started the decade with Essien, Ballack and Lampard in the midfield. We ended the season with Jorginho and Mason Mount. It sums up the whole decade in terms of squad quality regression. 

Far beyond that fall is at LB.

From the world's best in the last 20 years (Ashley Cole) to the collective pile of dung that is Emerson, Alonso, and the woefully inept (as he is out of position) Azpi.

41 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Maddison and Grealish together one cap for England. Mount 6. How crazy is that!? 

Maddison is a vastly superior player atm. Grealish is a better than Mount atm as well.

That may change someday, but Mount is regressing for the past several months. He is very uncreative, the other 2 are super creative. I am sure the Mount fan club will toss some shade my way. I can't be arsed over it.

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Maddison is a vastly superior player atm. Grealish is a better than Mount atm as well.

That may change someday, but Mount is regressing for the past several months. He is very uncreative, the other 2 are super creative. I am sure the Mount fan club will toss some shade my way. I can't be arsed over it.

Most likely they won't. I noticed people are for some reason afraid to criticize Mount. Not only that, they won't even debate about him because deep down they know the truth. 

29 minutes ago, Vesper said:

This is all true. Mason's best contributions come when we are out of possession. In moments where we need precision or finesse on the ball, Mason almost always almost gets it right. It's harsh but, in world where people get paid multi-millions for getting it done, almost is not the answer.

On 09/01/2020 at 10:00 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

This is all true. Mason's best contributions come when we are out of possession. In moments where we need precision or finesse on the ball, Mason almost always almost gets it right. It's harsh but, in world where people get paid multi-millions for getting it done, almost is not the answer.

What do you mean? Nobody ever has and never will always get it right, almost always is the best you can realistically get from anybody. People who are paid big money don't always get things done and they don't have to. I'm struggling to see your point here, at first I even thought you were praising him.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

What do you mean? Nobody ever has and never will always get it right, almost always is the best you can realistically get from anybody. People who are paid big money don't always get things done and they don't have to. I'm struggling to see your point here, at first I even thought you were praising him.

Mate, you are one of the oldest members in this forum and you probably remember that the likes of Oriol Romeu and Gael Kakuta were once considered the future of the club in this forum, and you will also remember that Mikel was once called here "midfield maestro", Matic was considered "a godlike midfielder" and Oscar was hyped to death and even Schurrle was considered the best player in 2014 WC by many. I would like to hear from you what you think about Mason Mount, because to be honest he is probably the most average starting XI I've seen playing for Chelsea since I started following the club in 2004, and the praise he gets from fans reminds me of the praise those players I mentioned received before.