Mason Mount

the wes

11 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

No you didnt. Apart from Sinclair They were not academy products just average players we bought in their early twens. 

I didn't? Thank you, you must know better what I was thinking 10 years ago.

Also, you are wrong.. Sahar made his Chelsea debut at the age of 17 after playing in the academy for a year. Alsom I remeber when we signed Di Santo from Audax Itaiano, he played for reserver for a few months, then he was tried by Scolari in his first(and only) preseason in 2008 when Franco was 18. He played like 10 matches in 2008-09 (alongside Miroslav Stoch) before he was loaned out to Wigan, so neither Sahar nor Di Franco was signed in their "early twens", and also they were really really promising in Chelsea reverse.

3 hours ago, ZanSnake said:

Another goal against Hull!

Does love finding the back of the net ^_^

he's the lampard of the championship ATM it was a smart move let him play under lamps. Super Frank would teach him a thing or two how to be come a better midfielder 

7 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

7 matches, 4 goals, 1 assist, not bad at all.

Also, yet another 90 minutes and clean sheet for Tomori.

He should have two assists with his dummy to Nugent vs Millwall but i don't think it will count as he didn't touch the ball.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Sell Ruben. Easy. 

Barkley is much more likely to be sold, with Kovacic getting the nod over him it is only matter time before he is sold and gets impatient. Could see him being sold in January. 

Better to keep RLC anyway, younger and higher potential. 

3 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Barkley is much more likely to be sold, with Kovacic getting the nod over him it is only matter time before he is sold and gets impatient. Could see him being sold in January. 

Really? It's still early in the season but Barkley has featured heavily and Sarri appears to be a fan of him while Loftus-Cheek has barely gotten a look in. Never mind not playing, he didn't even make the matchday squad in the last two games and there are rumors suggesting Loftus-Cheek is angry at not being allowed to go out on loan, which perhaps suggest where he lies in Sarri's plans. Moreover, Kovacic might turn out to be first choice but he isn't going to play every game. If Barkley does well and gets his fair share of games under Sarri, then why would he leave or be sold?

4 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Don't agree. Barkley may not be first choice but he has already started 3 out of 4 games this season (if you include the Community Shield) and came on in the other game. This is a far cry to his time under Conte last season and he will feature more than enough throughout the season I believe to keep him happy.

Barkley is reaping the benefit of a full pre season under Sarri which gave him a head start over RLC and the opportunity to impress and gain the trust of Sarri.

In terms of which is the better player, I'm not too sure to be honest. They both have some unique qualities and they both have some weaknesses to their game. I think Barkley's game currently is more suited to the advanced midfield role in Sarri's formation, but RLC needs to get his head down and try to force his way in.

The biggest problem for RLC is the lack of experience. You only have to see the success and development that Mount is enjoying, to realise that Chelsea dropped the ball by not loaning out RLC at a much younger age. If he had been playing first team football in the Championship and then Premiership for say 3 seasons before now, he'd likely be a far more polished and experienced player with a far better understanding of his best position.

Ill put this out there.

Mason is between 80 and 100/1 (depending on the bookie) to be Championship top scorer, he's scored 4 (two in the cup admittedly) and came close a further 5 ish times. I don't usually bet but this is defiantly worth a cheeky tenner.

Mason Mount's comments about emulating Chelsea legend Frank Lampard couldn't be more spot on

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/premier-league/mason-mounts-comments-about-emulating-chelsea-legend-frank-lampard-couldnt-be-more-spot-on/

The gap between the youth team and first team in the Premier League seems to be growing every year.

Whereas youth team players used to be given a chance – whether it be when a senior player wasn’t available or their talent demanded they play – the opportunity doesn’t seem to be there anymore.

It probably all boils down to the ruthlessness of the Premier League and the demand for instant success.

But Mason Mount is going about getting into the Chelsea team the right way.

snip

a98ab824ca8118585f608c16dabc6d9d.png