Wigan Vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Wigan Athletic versus Chelsea F.C.

Looking to add to their excellent opening day display, Chelsea head north to Wigan, where the Blues have won all three of their previous league encounters with the Latics. Last season, Frank Lampard and Juliano Belletti fired the Blues to three points as Chelsea looked to close the gap on Arsenal.

Can the Blues make it six from six?

Match chat here.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon 2-0, Steve Bruce will reckon he has to give us a bit of a rough ride, not sure how much that will affect us, But i'm sure they'll try a bit harder than Portsmouth, Still though, confidence must be sky high with us, cant see anything but a win for us :)

All you've been hearing is how well we played by everyone in the media, so I fell Wigan will try to stiffle us and stop us playing. I believe Pompey tried the same thing and it was a disadvantage to them.

Before we played basically route one with Drogba up top, but this season we've added a new dimension to our play and teams wont know how to handle us.

I'm convinced we'll carry this excellent form into this game and take another 3 points.

Returns Possible at Wigan

Felipe Scolari has given a fitness update ahead of Sunday's game versus Wigan, including news on two Michaels plus Didier Drogba.

Michael Ballack failed to finish last weekend's opener due to a foot injury while Michael Essien was unavailable. José Bosingwa was withdrawn during Portugal's midweek international.

'I have little problems with Ballack, Bosingwa and with Essien,' reported Scolari after Friday's training session.

'Now we started with Essien training more regularly. Bosingwa and Ballack are in good condition for Sunday and Essien maybe can play for 45 minutes, maybe no.'

Looking more long term, the Chelsea manager also discussed Didier Drogba's rehabilitation from a chronic knee problem that has prevented him from playing since the Champions League Final.

'Drogba is better than before,' Scolari said.

'His knee is very well and he has been training every day in the morning and afternoon.

'Maybe against Tottenham, it is possible [for him] to play 30-45 minutes but if not Tottenham, complete recuperation for next game after the next national team games.'