• Morata
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urghhhhhhh. Got a bad feeling about this one... Salah is doing well at the moment so bound to score. Their defence is dodgy but ours can be sometimes..be nice to win but wouldn't be surprised. Hopefully prove me wrong. 

Morata hopefully won't miss like today..

Our top team results been hit and miss this season so hopefully all good

2 minutes ago, Blusan Alamb said:

I have a feeling that the 3-5-2 formation will not work well against Liverpool. I think we should go with 3-4-3. Attack is the best form of defence. :

And who will play in the 2? Bakayoko and Kante? We'll stuggle to create anything through the middle. Besides, Fab deserves to start considering his form. Fabregas in a 2 man midfield is not an option. 3-5-2 is the logical choice for this team Bs

My only real concern is Cahill. Klopp likes to target individual defenders who aren't great with the ball and are suspectible to the press. I'll start Luiz here and try and catch Klopp off guard.

Their defense is there for the taking and we have better players than them. I just hope we take the game to them and it's not a back to the wall type of performance. With the extraman in midfield in the 3-5-2, we can try and play out from the back instead of bypassing the midfield like we did in this same fixture last season. Hazard and Fabregas again very important they get a good amount of touches on the ball. 

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

And who will play in the 2? Bakayoko and Kante? We'll stuggle to create anything through the middle. Besides, Fab deserves to start considering his form. Fabregas in a 2 man midfield is not an option. 3-5-2 is the logical choice for this team Bs

We should create through our wingers and wingbacks. The Liverpool side is very fragile when it comes to defending their wings. If we do not attack their wing, they will have more time to unleash Salah and Mane on our wingbacks and I honestly expect them to come on top. We can win this match by outscoring them.

1 minute ago, Blusan Alamb said:

We should create through our wingers and wingbacks. The Liverpool side is very fragile when it comes to defending their wings. If we do not attack their wing, they will have more time to unleash Salah and Mane on our wingbacks and I honestly expect them to come on top. We can win this match by outscoring them.

Willian and Pedro? You can't rely on them to do anything against Liverpool away from home. Both rarely play well away from home even against lesser opposition. You can't rely on Alsono and Zappacosta to create. I'm more worried about both of those players not having a disasterclass let alone trying to compound their problems with having to create. Who will start as the duo in a 3-4-3? Kante and Bakayoko? I'm not sure they've ever started a game together before. Either way Fabregas deserves to start. Not in a 2 man midfield against a team that dominates possession and plays a 4-3-3 so will have an extra man in midfield. We got dominated away from home and even at home in midfield with the 3-4-3. No reason at all to not play the same formation as we did against United/Spurs etc. 

Conte -

‘We have to work during the flight to prepare for the game, but to be honest we started [preparing] with my staff before tonight so as not to wait until at the last moment.’

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Willian and Pedro? You can't rely on them to do anything against Liverpool away from home. Both rarely play well away from home even against lesser opposition. You can't rely on Alsono and Zappacosta to create. I'm more worried about both of those players not having a disasterclass let alone trying to compound their problems with having to create. Who will start as the duo in a 3-4-3? Kante and Bakayoko? I'm not sure they've ever started a game together before. Either way Fabregas deserves to start. Not in a 2 man midfield against a team that dominates possession and plays a 4-3-3 so will have an extra man in midfield. We got dominated away from home and even at home in midfield with the 3-4-3. No reason at all to not play the same formation as we did against United/Spurs etc. 

Baka-Kante midfield. And Moses will probably be fit.

Liverpool cannot be compared with Spurs and Man Utd to be honest. Man Utd were happy to concede possession. And Spurs have some of the best midfielders in the league. So, going 3-5-2 worked against them (with some luck against Tottenham), but Liverpool are a team very dependent on their wingers. Their midfield is good but not that good that we should field a 3 man midfield to combat them. What we should do is load the wings with wingers and wingbacks and ''defend'' them by attacking their wings. I am confident that we will outscore them and win the match.

Agreed.

there is no reason to be afraid... Liverpool are a good side and can certainly win the match (any match) esp at home, but we have better players in almost every position esp defense and mid.

hazard is better than countinho in my book. The only exception is ironically salah who will be a handful.

while Alonso can handle pressure just fine - good technique and control - his lack of pace needs to be handled by the defense system as it should. After all we play 3 cbs behind his line and 2 DMs next to him.

in short, no excuses...

Using 3-4-3 would be suicide against this Liverpool side at Anfield. The 3-5-2 is a must. With this formation I'll be much more confident that we'll be able to handle their pressing and energy. They hopefully won't be able to pin us back and bully us.

By far my biggest worry is Alonso who is slower than a snail going against an in-form Salah. At least on the other flank we'll have Azpi to help Moses or Zappa deal with Mané. I'll feel better if Rüdiger starts in place of Cahill to help out Alonso. Could be disastrous with Salah running at Cahill & Alonso.

The likes of Coutinho and Firmino are of course dangerous but with Kante, Baka, Christensen, and Azpi all occupying the areas that those two are most likely to be makes them less dangerous I hope.

If we set up like timid babies like we did against City we'll be in for a long game. If we are aggressive and attack them we've seen time and time again this season that their midfield and defense are awful. Dodgy keeper, too. We'll need big games from Morata, Hazard, and Cesc especially. The three players that can hurt Liverpool the most.

Watched the Champion league game bet chelsea and Qarabag,     MORATA       had many changes to score. Think he did one to many touches before striking, and many were save by the keeper, if he can CUT DOWN one to many touches in front of the goal mouth he will be a VERY DANGEROUS STRIKER. Right now he is giving ample  time for goalkeepers to be ready for his shots.

Lining up with 352 is a must. Gives us the chance to match Liverpool up in MF and still carry a threat with Cesc, Eden and Morata all playing while retaining a good platform with both Baka and Kante in MF. Morata will need to hold the ball up well like he did against United to bring others into play as we are to going to have to go long at times to beat their press.

I am a bit concerned about Salah up against Cahill/Rudiger, more than Mane up against Azpi or Firmino against Andreas/Luiz because Liverpool will undoubtably push their attackers right up against our back 3 and I think Salah right now is playing fantastic, he will be a huge threat in 1v1s, as will Mane, Firmino and Coutinho as they all have their own qualities, particularly Firmino who knits everything together up front with his clever movement and link up play.

I think 343 is a good option to swap to if the games goalless come 70/75 minutes because their full backs are weak defensively and they are usually quite high, there’s a real weakness for us to look to exploit there. Also at set plays we have to try capitalise on them at all costs, Sevilla are by no means a big team but they gave Liverpool headaches from set plays in the game the other night.

I realy look forward to this game, it could be very entertaining. I think Morata, Eden, Mane, Salah will put up a good show.

Realy cant predict, could go either way, though if I have to I guess Pool will press us heavily and we can do them on counter if things line up well for us in attack.

Their defense is awful, we should press their back line because they will certainly break, but I think Conte will, unfortunely, do exactly opposite, sit back, let their defence get comfortable and they will press us out of the game through middle. Hopefuly it works for us on counters.

We'll be up against it with slow Zap and Alonso against lightning quick Mane and Salah. Stopping their wing play is essential, for this reason I think Kante should play on the left of the two midfielders, because he is fast enough to help Cahill and Alonso deal with Salah. On the other side hopefully Azpi will keep it together in handling Mane. It really is a tricky attack to play against, most difficult after City, but if we get it right at the back, then there is no reason to believe that we can't hurt them with their dodgy defence.

Same line-up as against United and WBA for me.

Yeah, these days the PL is more about pace than strength, hence Salah now flourishing when he didn't before, IMO. 

The moment we have truly speedy full backs, I don't think it'll even matter how adept they are at marking or tackling. They'll simply always get back in time, or up in time, to provide some sort of support to their teammates. Currently, both Alonso and Zappa look like they're playing in their own bubble most of the time, like they're trying hard just to get in the right zones. That shouldn't be hard. It should be second-nature and shouldn't require being at top speed.