• Fabregas (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I don't see how Chelsea fan can be happy with that by the way other than the fact we now have no chance at the title. If we started with Fabregas and they outclassed us I'll raise up my hand and say they were just better. Ordinary side we made to look good thanks to cowardly rubbish that doesn't even produce the desired result!

I am saying it again. We were never! in the title race this year. And I am not even angry considering the summer transfer window. We have no chance in keeping pace with City. This is a top 4 race. Get the top four and I am happy. That is why I am angry that we did not want to beat our direct rival.

Just now, milan.cech said:

I am saying it again. We were never! in the title race this year. And I am not even angry considering the summer transfer window. We have no chance in keeping pace with City. This is a top 4 race. Get the top four and I am happy. That is why I am angry that we did not want to beat our direct rival.

That's how I feel. After seeing who we brought and who City brought and losing to sodding Burnley day 1 knew it was never a race we'd be part of.

2 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Even if this is true to just meekly surrender is still disgusting. We're not winning anything this season. No PL. No CL. Season is basically done. Might as well focus on the domestic cups and as you said race for top 4. We're Arsenal now 

I am not even sad that we lost (two points), glad that we didn't lose, 3rd or 4th place is our reality and that's it. I am just sad because Eden will some day soon have enough of this shit and leave. And then we'll be in deep shit.

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

That's how I feel. After seeing who we brought and who City brought and losing to sodding Burnley day 1 knew it was never a race we'd be part of.

That doesn't excuse Conte for playing like a fucking coward though. The only other top 6 team his side has looked great against since he arrived is Man United. He has no clue against high-tempo pressing teams. 

1 minute ago, milan.cech said:

Looking forward to hearing from Conte that 'being tired after a long flight' excuse. Which would be far from reality. We could have won it in the last minutes.

He already has been forming the excuse from previous press conferences. It's not so valid given how our last 2 games went and Liverpool's tough game against Sevilla. 

The real question is why does his side constantly get outplayed by Klopp's team despite them having inferior players. 

Decent result. Decent performance. Can't understand why people think we were negative or we were playing for the draw. We created plenty of chances and looked far more positive in a big away game than the ones we usually saw under Mourinho. How many opportunities did we even create under Mourinho in these games? The only thing that let us down was our quality in the final third. Got into dangerous areas so many times but no conviction in finishing off the chances or no quality in creating actual good chances. At least this keeps our good run going. Have a decent set of fixtures up till January 3.

11 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Even if this is true to just meekly surrender is still disgusting. We're not winning anything this season. No PL. No CL. Season is basically done. Might as well focus on the domestic cups and as you said race for top 4. We're Arsenal now 

How long has it been since Arsenal played a season as the defending champions? Sure, you have valid concerns, but surely I can't be the only one who tires of the ridiculous hyperbole and sensationalism that that seems to pervade just about every aspect of football fandom nowadays. Why CAN'T we win the CL? We're not the favourites, but we're currently in much better shape than we were for much of the season we actually DID win it.

I thought that this was a decent performance and result against a good team. The negative aspect derives mainly from Conte being overly cautious in his approach: once he saw how Liverpool were struggling when Hazard ran at them, and how poorly Bakayoko was playing, he should probably have switched the latter for one of Pedro/Willian and then introduced Fabregas on the 60-65 minute mark.

I'm just tired of negative managers in this Abramovich Era. It's just fucking stupid at this point. After the title last season with no European football maybe we're starting to see Conte's actual level? You can't play for a draw when you have a dominant team with a big lead. To win the league this season you have to go away to a top 6 rival and get a win. 

Compare what City did to us at our place to whatever we were trying to do today. When City come to Anfield, they are coming for 3 points. Conte isn't. Mourinho isn't. (Despite having the squad to do so). . That's why they will be Champions. 

12 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Spot on.