test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   25 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Zappacosta
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Bakayoko
    • Drinkwater
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

244 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

So you're going to use that CL team as a barometer? It was a fluke! And a fluke isn't sustainable success. United fluked a CL win the final vs Bayern in 1999 and didn't win again until they got a team good enough to win it. When they did they reached something like 2 finals. The goal is to build a team capable of sustainable success in the Champions league not a hit and hope outfit.

RIght now this side is a  round of 16/quarter-final team at best not a semi-final/finals team. And certainly not a potential CL winner. 

I have yet to see anything indicating that we are conclusively incapable of building such a team under the current management. Things may change. My outlook my change, particularly if we have a disappointing transfer window this next summer. At the moment though, I stand by my assessment.

Supermonkey92 likes this

3 hours ago, Leif said:

'Fabregas? Why would I play Fabregas when I have a slide-tackle master?' :dance:

I was referring to Ampadu's crazy slide tackles when he has played for our senior team :D

42 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Zappacosta Alonso Drinkwater Bakayoko shouldnt be anywhere near d starting XI...

Which is why im not having a meltdown. I keep saying outside of Azpi, Kante, Hazard and Morata (soon probably Christensen) we really arent that good. The players you mention are all average. Add flickedy flick Cahill to the mix. Thats half the outfield team! Conte has done a brilliant job. I thought our passing was actually quite good at least unil the final third. 

DYC. and kellzfresh like this

We would have been ripped apart without Kante and Dave. Players who need to be more clinical imo  Zappacosta, Bakayoko and, Morata,  maybe Drinkwater can be excused with little match play.

On the positive unbeaten there since 2013 and some nice fixtures coming up when Conte won't be hamstringed by selection because of a ridiculous fly back from Azerbaijan

Disappointing Result. We had a good game.

as usual, not clinical enough in the final third + coward approach from conte. we can and should dominate and attack average teams like liverpool.

Probably did enough to get more than a point, but given the Spurs result I'm content with a draw. 

Tbh, and I've probably been saying this for 3 seasons now, the realistic target for us is top 3/4 and challenging for the title is not really possible unless we exceed a lot of expectations and go on some amazing run. 

Strike, DYC. and Supermonkey92 like this

2 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

Zappacosta Alonso Drinkwater Bakayoko shouldnt be anywhere near d starting XI...

I agree with the rest but I thought Drinkwater was decent

10 minutes ago, chelseawise said:

I agree with the rest but I thought Drinkwater was decent

Was surprised how mobile he looked, I thought he is a slow player like Cesc. 

I wonder how Fabregas - Kante - Drinkwater midfield would work out. If that doesn't work then let's put Luiz in that Bakayoko-role since Bakayoko himself just doesn't have enough qualities to play at this level.

Why does everyone keep saying top 3 or 4 for us? We are clearly better than United. Maybe not in terms of personnel but we certainly play better than them. We will finish 2nd or 3rd.

We have a better team than Liverpool but different styles make these games. If we are going to be fair Liverpool were outplaying City too before the red card. I thought we created far more real chances than they did. We clearly need some dynamic players in the squad though. Multi purpose players who can play several roles. At the very least some pacey players with decent strength. Like Sane on City. He isn't some great player but he is put in a position to succeed constantly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Was surprised how mobile he looked, I thought he is a slow player like Cesc. 

I wonder how Fabregas - Kante - Drinkwater midfield would work out. If that doesn't work then let's put Luiz in that Bakayoko-role since Bakayoko himself just doesn't have enough qualities to play at this level.

Definitely worth a try.

Glad people are staying open minded about Drinky. As I said previously, I think those who are not yet convinced about Danny D will be pleasantly surprised once he's over the injury and into his stride.

AChes1ofus likes this

10 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

(Despite having the squad to do so)

Simply don't agree with you. In fact I'd go so far as to say this is nonsense.

We see the same performances by the same players but we clearly assess them differently. We'll get nowhere arguing the point therefore.

I have never subscribed to the idea that football professionals automatically know the game better than non-professionals do. When several multi-trophy winning coaches/managers ALL disagree with you however, it might be sensible to examine your ideas and consider whether you want to revise them.

Supermonkey92 likes this