• Pedro
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Cahill (sub)
    • Morata (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Manuel de Sousa (Referee)

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:

There really isn't any need to be so negative. We are far from frontrunners but anything can happen in a knockout competition & we aren't nobodies either.

I remember our 2012 unbeatable squad, though. The good days

Unless we get PSG then we know how that goes..but that's gotta change sometime :-D 

Hopefully can get job done tommrow 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless we get PSG then we know how that goes..but that's gotta change sometime :-D 
I'm sure we'll have everything in our own hands (PSG haven't won their group yet).

23 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
24 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

I'm sure we'll have everything in our own hands (PSG haven't won their group yet).

PSG will definitely win their group. Can't see them not beating Celtic and they will not lose by 4 goals at Bayern.

12 hours ago, gadget said:

I'm hoping Atletico beat Roma, we should and need to be finishing top of this group. 

Ofcourse i'd rather finish 1st than 2nd, but since the new format it's not as crucial as it use to be. Before there use to be a clear golf between the winners pot and the runners up pot, if you won the group and got a giant you were unlucky, now it's 50/50 either way.

PSG will definitely win their group. Can't see them not beating Celtic and they will not lose by 4 goals at Bayern.
Just realised PSG haven't conceded a goal yet, so a massive goal swing would have to happen or Celtic pulling off a shock as you mentioned.

11 hours ago, Blusan Alamb said:

And finishing 1st we will end up with Real, Juve, Bayern, Shaktar, Sevilla, Porto.

You know what? A part of me would love to see Kante schooling that Real Madrid midfield. Especially Casemiro.

3-4-3 best fitted for this game IMHO. No disrespect to Qarabag, but with a massive game at Anfield coming up, Chelsea must really rest some important players here and regardless of who is playing or not, the gulf in class between these two is huge and Chelsea should win this even if some of the important players are not on the pitch.

Courtois  -  Rudiger D.Luiz Cahill  -  Zappacosta Drinkwater Bakayoko M.Alonso  -  Pedro Morata Willian

Do genuinely expect to steamroll them. Roma lack experience in the CL; Atletico are in crisis mode. We are Chelsea; we don't struggle in the CL. We've already had enough bad results - no way it continues vs. these farmers.

Real/Juve/Bayern are all more beatable this season than any of their seasons in the past 5 years. Getting them is no threat. They play straightforward football and i'd have confidence our more limited players would deal with them effectively via hoof-ball.

PSG and Barcelona would play us off the field i fear; they'd simply retain possession far longer than the above teams. I don't have faith that those same limited players can play 75 minutes of pure positioning and well-timed tackles, with accurate pings up to Hazard/Morata. It's asking too much at this point.

Wait, wtf...I had no clue this was on this early. 

Anywyas, not enamoured with our XI. We should've started with our absolute best XI and then pulled stars once the game was in hand. This XI could potentially backfire. If you have a chance to guarentee progress to the next round you should play your strongest team, imo.

Resting Morata was a must. His psychology has a pattern, and having scored vs. West Brom and probably at least 1 or 2 vs Qarabag, I've no doubt subconsciously he'd feel 'dried up' for goals next game, vs Liverpool. This is about keeping his mind fresh as much as his body. Really glad to see him omitted. 

Really confused to see Hazard start. I understand he's what gives our team rhythm and direction, but come on. A top club should be able to more-than-cope with Hazard getting a rest. 

No point in playing Fabregas either. We don't need a pass-master for this game, and tiring him out does nothing for us. He doesn't need match fitness. 

All in all, stupidly overpowered lineup which'll deplete our players. Not necessary one bit.

25 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Never a fan of not playing with a CF. Just need to get the job done and secure qualification

I usually agree, but this front 3 work pretty well together plus Morata is still a bit rusty in terms of starting 3 games a week.