• Pedro
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Cahill (sub)
    • Morata (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Manuel de Sousa (Referee)

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Wait, wtf...I had no clue this was on this early. 

Anywyas, not enamoured with our XI. We should've started with our absolute best XI and then pulled stars once the game was in hand. This XI could potentially backfire. If you have a chance to guarentee progress to the next round you should play your strongest team, imo.

Im not enamoured for the complete opposite reason, some players should have been left at home, we don't have a full week rest until January at the earliest, when you have a such a brutal schedule calculated risks are a must.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Tomo said:

Im not enamoured for the complete opposite reason, some players should have been left at home, we don't have a full week rest until January at the earliest, when you have a such a brutal schedule calculated risks are a must.

Not to jinx it, but I hope we don't look back at this game tomorrow and after the group stage in disgust that we didn't play our strongest team. Qarabag apparently aren't the pub team we made them look in the first tie. 

I usually agree, but this front 3 work pretty well together plus Morata is still a bit rusty in terms of starting 3 games a week.
Just hope they get the job done. This isn't the same side we dismantled at the Bridge.

Remember Fabregas playing as a number 9 essentially for Barcelona? Would be fun trying that here, even with his legs gone. Especially if we had Lampard type players in midfield for him to lay the ball off for. Hazard in this instance on the wing would be fine with me considering he'd be getting inch-perfect through-balls from him 20 times in the game. Maybe i'll save it for Football Manager.

Very harsh on them with the red/pen and I do feel bad for them. Glad to get this out of the way and see us through to the next round, though.

Pull Hazard, Cesc, and Kante after 60 minutes or so now, please!