Leon Goretzka

the wes

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schalke sporting director Christian Heidel insists it is "not certain" that Liverpool target Leon Goretzka will leave the club in January.

https://talksport.com/football/liverpool-target-leon-goretzka-not-certain-leave-schalke-says-club-chief-171114261967?amp

38 minutes ago, Leif said:

One word to define him - 'tidy'. Unspectacular otherwise. 7/10 at everything; positioning, tackling, passing. Great rotational player for a Roma or Arsenal.

He’s being linked with Barca, us, Liverpool and Bayern. You’re under playing his talent. 

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

He’s being linked with Barca, us, Liverpool and Bayern. You’re under playing his talent. 

Juventus are showing big interested in him http://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/3271214/juventus-chief-confirms-interest-in-signing-emre-can-and-leon-goretzka 

According to Germany manager he wants PL move he's a good player but his down fall is he gets injured alot 

Looked good for Germany in Confed Cup or whatever it was (ok was their B team effectively but still) and capable of playing deeper or higher up. Think injuries are a bit of a theme for him but still he’s bound to be a better player than Danny Drinkwater. Much more growth as well. Or alternatively I’d like to see us consider keeping MvG in the summer, he has scored a crazy amount of goals for PSV as a CM since going there, he’s a very rounded player. 

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Looked good for Germany in Confed Cup or whatever it was (ok was their B team effectively but still) and capable of playing deeper or higher up. Think injuries are a bit of a theme for him but still he’s bound to be a better player than Danny Drinkwater. Much more growth as well. Or alternatively I’d like to see us consider keeping MvG in the summer, he has scored a crazy amount of goals for PSV as a CM since going there, he’s a very rounded player. 

We honestly should’ve just kept MVG instead of buying DD. 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with most people about the positions we need to strengthen but I also believe you have to take good players whenever they are available. With that in mind I hope the club is throwing its hat in the ring for Goretzka and Malcolm. 

Our problem of course is that we’ve manoeuvred ourselves into a place where good players have little or no interest in joining Chelsea. Goretzka is a tremendous footballer, and therefore unfortunately an impossible target. Malcolm’s reputation might not yet be as firmly established so let’s go all in before he too moves beyond our reach. (Assuming he hasn’t already that is.)

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Jason said:

It baffles me that players with talent are interested in joining Arsenal. Don't they have any ambition?

To be honest Wenger is known to give them more chances if they fail at first glance. Just look at Salah and Cuadrado got shipped like a bag of potatoes because they looked like shit at first.

1 minute ago, Georgy said:

To be honest Wenger is known to give them more chances if they fail at first glance. Just look at Salah and Cuadrado shipped like a bag of potatoes because they looked like shit at first.

What's the point of that when (1) Arsenal haven't competed for the major trophies for years now and (2) Wenger doesn't even make his players better?

17 minutes ago, Georgy said:

To be honest Wenger is known to give them more chances if they fail at first glance. Just look at Salah and Cuadrado got shipped like a bag of potatoes because they looked like shit at first.

Isn't that what some Chelsea fans have decided to do with Bakayoko too? The problem is, it's hard to judge how good a player is going to be when every next potentially good player gets overhyped and ultimately haven't lived up to their potential. We've seen this with R.Sanches, Joao Mario, Krychowiak, Andre Gomes, Andre Silva etc. It is why I can no longer get excited about players who are touted as having  "potential" or look good for one season, because more often than not they have made moves elsewhere and not done a whole lot. 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

What's the point of that when (1) Arsenal haven't competed for the major trophies for years now and (2) Wenger doesn't even make his players better?

Ask Morata who despite all titles he can get wanted to play more.

You'd have to have low standards, or a high level of trust in marketing hype, to believe Goretzka's anything more than just marketing hype. He's the level of Xhaka/Schneiderlin. None of the trio will ever grow capable of playing for an elite side which we aim to become again. Though out of the 3, Goretzka would be least prone to fuck-ups, meaning if he came here, nobody would be saying he's bad. Never in a million years will he be brilliant, though. Only for Schalke and the standards that their fans have, will he be anything close to brilliant. 

He's a jack of all trades, master of none. I base this off of seeing something like 1/3 of his first 2 years of consistent game-time, & then simply highlights of this past year.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You