Lucas Moura

the wes

On 17/11/2017 at 10:32 PM, Robguima said:

perhaps, but Sterling always had goals in him, while Moura has always struggled with the final touch.

It's really a matter of price and availability I guess, but considering the fees being paid recently, odds are it's not going to be cheap.

Moura had 19 goals in 52 appearances for PSG last season. I didn't watch him but it is quite impressive. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ja1 said:

Moura had 19 goals in 52 appearances for PSG last season. I didn't watch him but it is quite impressive. 

Fair enough. Signing still scares me though... he seems to struggle with the final touch assists and all. The league is fairly weak as well and just don’t enjoy his game tbh.

There is a reason psg is no longer betting on him.

Fair enough. Signing still scares me though... he seems to struggle with the final touch assists and all. The league is fairly weak as well and just don’t enjoy his game tbh.
There is a reason psg is no longer betting on him.
His real problem is inconsistency tbh.

There are many times that he has a spackling brilliance but most of the time he looks avarege and non participant for tiring out it's really a matter of moments.

When on form he delivers, if he score a goal for example and get some confidence, but then he fades and takes a long time to recover, it's almost Oscar like.

But it's not like he is terrible that psg doesn't play him, they just buy tons of attacking players it's only natural that you put those newer players ahead of him, even if they were just barely better than him

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

I think the best way to sum up Moura is to say he's a mix of both Willian & Oscar's less-than-great qualities. He gets himself into dangerous areas like Oscar, but hardly scores. He dribbles in a far more dazzling manner to Willian, but like Willian, he ends up a predictable player once those dribbles are complete. 

I'm basing this off other seasons, I haven't seen him in a while. I think his good qualities were his speed, and...the fact he was Brazilian, which as always gives the impression that the player has more potential than they really do (just look at Gabigol). 

8 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I've never been a Draxler fan. What am I not seeing OMS?

Think he is a better all round player in comparison to Lucas Moura for sure (also he’s probably better than Willian).

He has decent end product, more consistency than Lucas, maybe not as pacey as the Brazilian but I think his close control is better, plus he’s a year younger with a lot higher potential imo (already a superior player to Lucas Moura already). Only problem for me would be if he could play more on the right as he is generally more often used as a left winger/10.

Think he’s played as an advanced CM for Paris too recently not sure. I know our formation isn’t as flexible as Paris’ either but in a 343 he could operate in one of those positions of the front for sure. 

Think the general view with Draxler as a whole has been a lack of goals for a player of his quality. Everybody knows he has the talent, he’s shown that in the Bundesliga and for Germany in spurts since coming onto the scene, maybe at Wolfsburg it hadn’t shown through as much and at Paris he’s maybe struggled for regular minutes in a better suited role due to Neymars arrival but think he has the skill set and quality to be a good player in the PL.

Talk of Liverpool wanting him on loan, I don’t know if that would be best move for him because of their forward options already unless he plays in midfield role as opposed to the wing. Also Bayern reportedly looking at him. Think we should really consider a move for him in Jan, don’t think he would be unattainable.

Think most here have a similar take on Lucas Moura as a player.

agree esp that he is inconsistent. He tends to vanish precisely in tough games. Similar to what happens with lukaku. Also both lukaku and moura rely on physical attributes almost exclusively (Moura even exclusively on pace).

I believe that it’s not an accident and it showcases the root cause: like lukaku, Moura’s technique is lacking at this level, so when the game is tight and spaces scarce, he struggles too.

Reckon big clubs ought to look for players who thrive in tough matches.

So, I’m not sure he can improve enough to become a good player for us.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Think he is a better all round player in comparison to Lucas Moura for sure (also he’s probably better than Willian).

He has decent end product, more consistency than Lucas, maybe not as pacey as the Brazilian but I think his close control is better, plus he’s a year younger with a lot higher potential imo (already a superior player to Lucas Moura already). Only problem for me would be if he could play more on the right as he is generally more often used as a left winger/10.

Think he’s played as an advanced CM for Paris too recently not sure. I know our formation isn’t as flexible as Paris’ either but in a 343 he could operate in one of those positions of the front for sure. 

Think the general view with Draxler as a whole has been a lack of goals for a player of his quality. Everybody knows he has the talent, he’s shown that in the Bundesliga and for Germany in spurts since coming onto the scene, maybe at Wolfsburg it hadn’t shown through as much and at Paris he’s maybe struggled for regular minutes in a better suited role due to Neymars arrival but think he has the skill set and quality to be a good player in the PL.

Talk of Liverpool wanting him on loan, I don’t know if that would be best move for him because of their forward options already unless he plays in midfield role as opposed to the wing. Also Bayern reportedly looking at him. Think we should really consider a move for him in Jan, don’t think he would be unattainable.

Thank you. 

I have always thought of Draxler as  having a bigger reputation than he is capable of delivering on. Because of that ‘fixed’ opinion I haven’t really watched him with an open mind for a while. Maybe I should reevaluate him.

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Thank you. 

I have always thought of Draxler as  having a bigger reputation than he is capable of delivering on. Because of that ‘fixed’ opinion I haven’t really watched him with an open mind for a while. Maybe I should reevaluate him.

Really hadn’t seen much of him at Wolfsburg, don’t think he had best of time there after a pretty good spell at Schalke in the long run but he caught my eye at the Confed Cup with German NT (I forgot he even existed lol), thought he and Goreztka, the clubs linked with him as well, were outstanding, JD played with a real maturity and always seemed to be looked to for inspiration at times in younger and inexperienced German side. I think he was awarded player of the tournament too. Been taking advantage of BT Sport app for over a year now and they show a lot of PSG games, plus watched the replays of them smash Celtic x2 and Bayern in the CL, they really do look top notch this season, Neymar and Mbappé really elevated them.

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea’s hopes of signing Lucas Moura from Paris Saint-Germain appear to be over as the Brazil international has reached an agreement in principle with Beijing Guoan.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/chelsea-target-lucas-agrees-beijing-guoan-terms/arvboo2kbqr21c15fmeghc4js

• 4 weeks later...

Perfect player to have come off the bench and tear the defence apart after 75 minutes. Has pace and is far more direct than Willian.

Need to get rid of some of these players who are responsible for this lackluster, slow type of play. Willian being a main culprit with his excessive stationary stepovers and holding onto the ball.

16 hours ago, Thor said:

Perfect player to have come off the bench and tear the defence apart after 75 minutes. Has pace and is far more direct than Willian.

Need to get rid of some of these players who are responsible for this lackluster, slow type of play. Willian being a main culprit with his excessive stationary stepovers and holding onto the ball.

But dont you think there has to be something going on with those playing times I posted? Blimey they're worse that Bats's!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You