• Morata
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently this is a match in which Pulis is fighting to save his job. I suppose that can work for or against us. If his players are still fully behind him then this could be annoying as fuck. If not, and assuming our players aren't totally off form after the break, we could blow them away.

I'd be surprised if we returned to the 3-5-2 for this like we used against United. Conte will probably want the extra attacking player that the 3-4-3 offers against what will probably be a defensive minded West Brom.

Never like having to go up against West Brom, even when they are in poor form they are organised to a certain extent. Will be tough. 343 probably better suited to 352 but we will see come the match. Pedro-Morata-Hazard front three.

Personally since Conte took over, I've felt more confidence post-international breaks. Although the players haven't been here to have tactics drilled into them, he's had a lot more time to study not just this game, but upcoming ones as well. We're overdue a dominant scoreline.

Also, it's a genuine deep pleasure to look forward to simply watching our striker play. I love a striker with bullet-headers like his, calm finishes like his. He's just a suave player. Next season he'll be at least the 2nd highest scorer in the league I think.

1 hour ago, AChes1ofus said:

And we move up to 3rd after the arse beat spuds

The depressing thing is that Tottenham no longer enter a single derby match expecting to lose. How it's come to this so quickly is both admirable and sickening. If they played 10 games vs. Arsenal and 10 games vs. us, they'd finish with the highest points, or at least level with us, with the bonus of playing the most confident and direct football. Sad sad sad.

Team to play West Brom: Courtois, Christensen, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Kante, Zappacosta, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Alonso, Morata, Hazard.

Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Drinkwater, Pedro, Willian, Luiz, Ampadu.

3-5-2 it is. David Luiz must have really pissed Conte off. He was arguably a must start player until 2 weeks ago.

With this team we must get all 3 points. This is our best midfield and attack, imo.

More 5-3-2 - perfect.
No Luiz again - the start of an unexpected defensive downfall, IMO.

I think it was a 5-3-2 we used when we had Desailly, Zola, Wise etc. Such a great moment for the club those years - one of the Prem's most underrated teams. Introduced Terry, won a cup with Flo & Vialli up front, had familiar faces with Poyet, Petrescu and Di Matteo all starting together at times too :wub:

That West Brom midfield look unbelievably slow. Their defense as well. If we blitz them and keep the tempo high they shouldn't be able to live with us. 

Also, that snide cunt Yacob isn't starting so we don't have to worry about him hacking away at our players.

No more Hazard on the wing makes me happy. More and more and more of a central player he becomes. Lille simply had to use the formation they used, so Hazard was on the wing. We simply saw him play on the wing, thus signed him to play there. 
But considering his very best moments (imo), come from central, considering his idol played central, it makes all the sense in the world for this to continue. We wonder why he's not yet reached the very, very top of the football world - it's probably because he's too damn polite to tell his coaches he's better deployed elsewhere.