• Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Bakayoko
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

Guess I watched a diff game :) matic had a very good game against us. Both defending as well as attack where he even created problems to our defense in the second half (assist to fellaine fo ex). He played alongside Ander Herrera who is neither physical nor technical enough.

of course Kante was better because he is better, but in my mind between Baka and matic today there is really no contest.

much better performance overall which is the important part. Better from Alonso too esp when he cuts inside as he should. Still disappointed by fabregas though.

the defensive trio today are our best defenders at the moment. Yes even Cahill... rudiger needed to sit this one out after Rome game.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Leif said:

United did allow us, and it's Atletico's worst season really under Simeone I believe. Both performances are no measure of our quality; the games vs. Roma however, were. 

Get your point but not sure if there's a need to play down the victories over Atletico and United. Given they were both big games, we could have easily played it safe. We could have gone to Atleti - with their impressive home record - and played on the break, played for a point. But no, we dominated them from the outset, even after going behind, and deservedly won. You are right that Atleti are having a poor season by their standards under Simeone but we are the only side to have beaten them so far this campaign. As for United, after what happened in Roma, again, we could have been cautious, we could have played the game within ourselves and hid but no, we went at them from the start, determined to put in a performance and get the win. I mean, how many of us were fearing the worst before the game?

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Get your point but not sure if there's a need to play down the victories over Atletico and United. Given they were both big games, we could have easily played it safe. We could have gone to Atleti - with their impressive home record - and played on the break, played for a point. But no, we dominated them from the outset, even after going behind, and deservedly won. You are right that Atleti are having a poor season by their standards under Simeone but we are the only side to have beaten them so far this campaign. As for United, after what happened in Roma, again, we could have been cautious, we could have played the game within ourselves and hid but no, we went at them from the start, determined to put in a performance and get the win. I mean, how many of us were fearing the worst before the game?

Plenty will be known when we play Atletico again and United at OT.

Just now, BlueLyon said:

Plenty will be known when we play Atletico again and United at OT.

I guess. Not confident in this team to produce it on a consistent basis against the top sides, not when this squad is filled with some really average players. For now, will just enjoy any big performance, big win etc against the big sides.

Watched Sky's post-match analysis last night and really cannot believe Souness and Carragher made excuses for United. Carragher, especially, said United aren't built to play attacking football against the big sides. This about a side who have spent hundreds of millions over the last 3-4 years to rebuild that squad. :doh:

Morazpi is back!!

Morata is a beast in the air but needs to be more clinical with the ball at his feet.

3-5-2 with hazard and kante fit  is the way to go playing the better teams.. i still think 3-4-3 is the one playing lesser teams who just try to defend and counter.

much needed win + confidence boost before internationals 

Kante is the most important player at CFC - Fabregas had his best game of the season so far yesterday imo.

Lots of good performances all round the team though. I thought azpi, Courtois, Hazard and Morata in particular were excellent also.

Christensen looks promising and if Bakayoko can improve his end product in the final 3rd, he could be a real handful.

First did you see the Mourinho post match interview, this is to all?

I'm still stunned by his comments, manure according to him bossed the first 20 minutes ( they did match us but that was about it), there after that manure contained us, manure we're unlucky not to have scored, and should have won.

Same old tnuc never any praise for the oppo, especially if it's Chelsea.

As for our performance glad we had N'golo back made a big differance, and why is it our 2 best performances have been 3-5-2 seems to me why not employ this formation full time.

Finally sorry to Cesc I complained badly about his inclusion, i felt he had been shit so far this season, glad he proved me wrong.

21 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I cannot and will not get bored of watching that header.

Indeed, it was a remarkable goal. A la Cristiano Ronaldo. It's fantastic how high Alvaro was able to jump and he hit the ball so clean. Exceptional header.