• Morata
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the most pessimistic i've been about a match in a while. We have no chance here,

Conte will play a Fabregas-Bakayoko midfield, (Instead of benching Fabregas and bringing him off the bench when we need a goal) 

We'll be dominated in midfield because of Fabregas presence.

Alonso will start on the wings. (Instead of a faster player)

Alonso will be targeted defensively for his speed once again and left free when we attack because he's easy to close down once we switch the ball to him.

our defence will be pressed and we wont press back, so Courtois will be pinging hopeful balls to Morata and Alonso all day, while we stay deep.

Bakayoko will get the ball pinched off him at least once in this game that will lead to a Man Utd chance.

Morata will be targeted by the physical Jones, Baily or Smalling and he'll be on the floor (a lot)

Conte doesnt change, Ive seen enough to know how this will turn out. Hopefully we get a lucky early goal and nick it somehow.

Courtois

Rudiger Christensen Luiz

Zappacosta Ampadu Drinkwater Azpilicueta

Hazard

Batshuayi Morata

This squad needs a proper shake-up at this point. Moreover, we need to surprise Mourinho and not go with the usual ultra-predictive 3-4-3. Everyone knows he will target Alonso, Fabregas, Cahill and Bakayoko

17 hours ago, Vybzkartel said:

If he puts out that silly line up he put out today I hope he goes. I would rather have Carlo in charge. 

Carlo is the last manager we should be appointing.

Jose these days never changes thing's when it's proven to work.

By that, i mean i would be amazed if he doesn't use the same approach he did at Old Trafford in April, question is will Conte learn from that game and make the necessary adjustments?

No big hopes for this one, Lukaku will probably score a hat trick and make for the disappointed united fans and we will be complaining about how Conte has to go as if that will solve the fundamental problem of this club.

It is really saddening as a Chelsea fan that in the last decade that I have been as a fan though we have won a lot of accolades we still haven't progressed anywhere with our ambition of dominating the league or Europe.

I know lot are happy to see us win PL once in every few years but the thing is we still don't play the kind of football that the fans like to see.

United is the better side at this time, but no need to panic... I'm sure the manager had a nice chat with the team and some players who were strolling about in Italy. It's diff game, a big game, after a very poor performance midweek.

A couple of things that did not work in Italy will hopefully be corrected, such as Azpi back where he belongs - he's just too much a defender to play wingback. Not to mention too important to be moved.

Every player has virtues and weaknesses, and it's up to the manager and ultimately the team to protect its players. If our 3 defenders cannot cover the wingbacks and not help the middle, then why do we "waste" a position in defense? Could've been deploying an additional midfielder instead, for example.

Conte cannot change too many things at once. He should def pull a Mourinho though: stick Luiz in midfield bullying Matic, with Andreas behind him tidying things up. Though pundits have been saying Luiz is not 100%.

I feel the United game is the right game for us at this time. Being at the Bridge, Jose will set up his team to play his usual defensive counter attacking game (I'm 99% sure of that unless he hits his head on something which is the other 1%) so it gives us loads of time to do the talking. We will need to keep possession as much as possible because the United team is not functioned to play the defensive game & the team that cracks down will be the one to lose the game. 

We will need to be discipline for this game thats how we can get something out of it else United gets that one goal which is what they are looking for. 

I will go with Hazard and Bats (only because he likes to press more than Morata) at the top for this game with Fabergas as the no 10 so that possibly Matic goes with Hazard and Herrara with Fabs creating a gap in the midfield while pushing them behind. Hoping Kante is fit for this game. I wouldnt mind switching Azpi with Luiz/Cahill and putting Pedro in the LWB 

Courtois

Christensen  Luiz   Cahill 

Zappa   Kante/Drinkwater   Bakayoko   Azpi

Fabergas

Bats   Hazard

Fingers crossed!!! 

Incredible how everybody bashing Cahill, and don't blame Azpi in our recent matches.

I'm not a Cahill fan at all, but come on, he was pretty decent in our last matches.

Azpi was totally disastrous but no one say a word about that just because it's Dave.

If Cahill had made this kind of prestation, i don't imagine how bad reactions will be on him.

In the opposite when Cahill make a good prestation nobody say a word about that neither, its always the same thing "Cahill is fucking shit, blabla"

He was very good saturday, and was the less worst of our defender yesterday.

Like I said i'm not a Cahill fan but even if he is bad, he deserve respect, i don't understand why some players have an immunity and others are so hated.

If the player don't show respect to the clubs or supporters okay, i can understand that, but Cahill has always been loyal and respectfuf

Some should learn to be objective.