• Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any manager in the world at our helm wouldn't be integrating Christensen, despite him deserving to be, and I don't think it's because they doubt his quality.

Games like these make me look at the top & wonder if it's simply something of a long time coming. A midfield with no chemistry, our 2nd-best central defender rarely playing (IMO), no top quality wing backs at all despite a wing back system, no alternative to Hazard if & when he's injured. These aren't unadulterated Conte desires. He's too smart. He does not want to play Cahill. He does not think Alonso is good enough. He did not scream for Bakayoko, and he does not believe to his bones when he looks at Fabregas, 'That's the player I want for my system.' 

He deserves a damn mini-statue for last season.

Absolutely fucking embarrassing. We've been by far the better and more dangerous side but more ridiculous defending leads to their goals.

They don't look dangerous at all except for when we shoot ourselves in the foot. WHAT THE FUCK ARE OUR CB's DOING!?

Just now, Leif said:

Any manager in the world at our helm wouldn't be integrating Christensen, despite him deserving to be, and I don't think it's because they doubt his quality.

Games like these make me look at the top & wonder if it's simply something like a long time coming. A midfield with no understanding, our 2nd-best central defender not playing (IMO), no top quality wing backs at all despite a wing back system, no alternative to Hazard if & when he's injured. These aren't unadulterated Conte desires. He's too smart. He does not want to play Cahill. He does not think Alonso is good enough. He did not scream for Bakayoko, and he does not believe to his bones when he looks at Fabregas, 'That's the player I want for my system.' 

He deserves a damn mini-statue for last season.

He'll get his sack and pension sooner or later.

We  should increase our intensity and play more in their half....Too much gap between defense and midfield lines..I believe we will at least score a goal....Really silly goals to concede ..There is nothing to fear about this Roma side..Cahill and azpi out of positions messed up our defensive structure..

Best we've looked in midfield and going forward in a while and we had them pinned in their box again and again yet were down 2-0. Both goals that should've been easily dealt with in the exact same area just outside our box.

Rüdiger was playing brilliantly and one mistake costs us.

It's time we define for our own sanity why we think Cahill plays. 

I don't want to just say 'the board', but I do imagine that, considering the board essentially made him captain, there'd be a lot of politics involved in dropping him. Even if unfounded, I imagine they'd theorise it'd be bad for squad morale; bad that there's no Englishmen playing; insulting to undermine their decision that he's captain material.

If you sell Cahill to Arsenal, and Conte takes over, he doesn't play Cahill. If you sell Cahill to Liverpool and he shows his consistently dire form, he gets dropped for a youngster. It's not the manager, it rarely is with us. We've had too many worlds-greatest managers for the same exact flaws to keep falling on our lap. There's no way all these managers are bringing in different positive approaches to the last, but the same negative mentalities as the last.
You can't convince me that, if sat in a room together with no recording devices and a bottle of whiskey, Jose & Conte wouldn't take the piss out of Cahill when rating the players they've worked with. And the friction each and every manager has with the board - why do they have it? It's certainly not because of the youth recruitment policy or what's served for lunch.

What a fucking pity. Playing better but losing. Also why not move Azpi in CB and play Zappacosta for Cahill? Oh my God Conte just WHY CAHILL????
I'm all for dropping Cahill more often than not, but he wasn't to blame for the two goals so far. We have Rudiger & Alonso to thanks for that.

Sad thing is, we could & probably should be leading. Morata cannot keep missing sitters. Same shit happened on Saturday

1 minute ago, Leif said:

It's time we define for our own sanity why we think Cahill plays. 

I don't want to just say 'the board', but I do imagine that, considering the board essentially made him captain, there'd be a lot of politics involved in dropping him. Even if unfounded, I imagine they'd theorise it'd be bad for squad morale; bad that there's no Englishmen playing; insulting to undermine their decision that he's captain material.

If you sell Cahill to Arsenal, and Conte takes over, he doesn't play Cahill. If you sell Cahill to Liverpool and he shows his form, he gets dropped for a youngster. It's not the manager, and it never is. We've had too many worlds-greatest managers for the same exact flaws to keep falling on our lap. There's no way all these managers are bringing in different positive approaches to the last, but the same negative mentalities as the last. 

You might have a point there Leif. But my god, what is happening in this game? How are we losing 2-0?

Disapointing so far. Our midfield and attack are playing well and dont deserve to be 2-0 down... Our defence on the other hand are a disgrace. WTF Rudiger!!!    I played Sunday league and I'd have hoofed that ball into the next field rather than let it by me. And Luiz !! get your act together mate, you very nearly cost us one with your poor control.   Morata not had a sniff