• Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Morata was good everywhere but finishing today. Could've and should've had 2 assists and 2 goals today.

Good thing about Morata - even when he doesn't score or assist, he contributes in our link up play. I remember games when Costa was ineffective, it was almost like having player less on the pitch.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

Surprised at the comments. Aside from the last 10 or so minutes, I've enjoyed how the team have played.

Looks like everyone is on edge after the past few weeks.

But I agree we did play well in this one. This is just one of the matches where you can just take a look at the final stats to see how superior we were in this match.

And no surprises as to why, considering who was the most dominant player in the attacking third. Most number of chances created by him in a single match in the past 2 seasons I think

2 hours ago, Yeboii said:

Azpi terrific! As was Rudiger. His positive attitude and work hustle is admirable. Like him a lot!

Bakayoko has to work on his passing. It seems that he doesn't usually know if anyone is at the spot he is passing to.

Morata unlucky not to have scored.

I dont think Morata was unlucky. He should have scored that clear chance, but didnt even hit target. 

It happend quite few times now already, he has to become better finisher. 

Just now, BlueLyon said:

I dont think Morata was unlucky. He should have scored that clear chance, but didnt even hit target. 

It happend quite few times now already, he has to become better finisher. 

I had 3 chances in mind when I wrote that actually.
He had the chance where he should have scored but shot it next to the goal. That was pretty bad.
His goal that was deemed offside (because of Azpi who wasn't offside) should have stood. Unlucky...
His great play where Begovic made a terrific save should really have been a goal. Unlucky since it wasn't a bad shot considering the circumstances.

Good 3 points.

Was surprised to see cahill bench. But let's be honest he sucks and Rudiger is better. 

I think Andreas can also face out David luiz. 

I still think our wing back suck badly but hey thank you for that board. 

Looking forward to Kante - drinkwater partnership. It might change our season. 😊

Good win, not happy about our performance:

!) WTF is wrong with Alonso. He had had absolute stinkers for the last 10 or so games. We should get an alternative player soon.

2) Very happy with Zaps. Looks good going forward and does something unlike Mosses.

3)  Oops Bakayako had another stinker. He need to improve.

4)  Rest was fine nothing to write home about.

Luiz, Bakayoko and Alonso looked off the pace for me.

Don’t think Luiz should just be in the team just because he is good with the ball considering we have Christensen kicking his heels on the bench who has looked pound for pound just as good a defender at times if not better. Rudiger looked a lot lot better than Cahill has. 

Alonso needs a rest and high level competition (other than cup games he’s played almost every week since arriving here) for me, criminal we only have one left wing back of a high standard in comparison to Kenedy who is extremely raw and still tryna learn the position.

Thought Morata was very good but his finishing has to be better he could of had two, when the bigger matches come around again he might only get one clear chance. He does everything well, times his runs, links etc but I suppose missing chances doesn’t get him down he keeps trying. 

Eden also played very good. Hopefully He can continue like this and score more goals.

6 hours ago, Yeboii said:

I had 3 chances in mind when I wrote that actually.
He had the chance where he should have scored but shot it next to the goal. That was pretty bad.
His goal that was deemed offside (because of Azpi who wasn't offside) should have stood. Unlucky...
His great play where Begovic made a terrific save should really have been a goal. Unlucky since it wasn't a bad shot considering the circumstances.

I agree about the other two chances, he was bit unlucky there, but generaly speaking he should have a goal in this game, that was simple execution, but he didnt even hit the target. If Gk pulls unreal save, nothing to say there, but Morata needs to hit the target more often. I think there were several chances he was 1v1 but completely missed the goal.

For now, thats acceptable, he is 25 and adjusting to this league. But at one point he will need to be more composed and reliable in front of goal. Its nice he is good with the ball and linkup, but some games, there will be one such chance and he will have to score goal.