test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Bournemouth 0-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Zappacosta
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Rudiger
    • Alonso
    • Bakayoko
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

121 posts in this topic

The media are evidently full of BS but Conte needs to start waking the fuck up with regards to team selection. I hate being a negative nancy constantly with regards to Alonso but the guy has become Ivanović 2.0 when it comes to opposition applying tactics against us.

I remember Pardew once said in a pundit job that his CP side deliberately targeted Ivanović as the weak link when they beat us at the Bridge in '15. Alonso is obviously getting targeted, with good reason, nowadays. In the two games against Stoke & Watford where Alonso was substituted and Azpi went to the left suddenly we got so much better. It's time he fucking gets the courage to drop him. Hell, McClean would be a huge upgrade him. The guy is f*cking garbage and he's f*cking polluting the team's efficiency. Not least, Cahill should be f*cking nowhere to be seen in the team's startinh line-up.

I would start with these:

TBO

Rüdiger Luuz Christensen

Zappa Drinkwater (I pray he's fit somehow) Baka Azpi

Pedro Hazard

Morata

blu35_army, jernej93 and kellzfresh like this

26 minutes ago, Irakozium257 said:

The media are evidently full of BS but Conte needs to start waking the fuck up with regards to team selection. I hate being a negative nancy constantly with regards to Alonso but the guy has become Ivanović 2.0 when it comes to opposition applying tactics against us.

I remember Pardew once said in a pundit job that his CP side deliberately targeted Ivanović as the weak link when they beat us at the Bridge in '15. Alonso is obviously getting targeted, with good reason, nowadays. In the two games against Stoke & Watford where Alonso was substituted and Azpi went to the left suddenly we got so much better. It's time he fucking gets the courage to drop him. Hell, McClean would be a huge upgrade him. The guy is f*cking garbage and he's f*cking polluting the team's efficiency. Not least, Cahill should be f*cking nowhere to be seen in the team's startinh line-up.

I would start with these:

TBO

Rüdiger Luuz Christensen

Zappa Drinkwater (I pray he's fit somehow) Baka Azpi

Pedro Hazard

Morata

Agree! :)

This is currently our strongest lineup without Kante :) 

Irakozium257 likes this

Against the smaller sides, you can bet Cesc starts this game. I think he’ll go with drinkwater, cesc and bakayoko. 

1 minute ago, Eidur the Spider said:

CAHILL BENCHED!

Get in there!

*Rested for Roma and Man Utd :)

DYC. likes this

Oh, wow. Cahill actually got benched. That's a pleasant surprise.

Nice to see Zappa starting in the PL but I'm still not liking the Baka/Cesc midfield 2. We should've started with 3 in midfield so that we can completely control the middle of the pitch. With this midfield pairing we're unbelievably exposed to counter attacks.

Chelsea team: Courtois; Azpilicueta (c), David Luiz, Rudiger; Zappacosta, Bakayoko, Fabregas, Alonso; Pedro, Morata, Hazard.

subs  Caballero, Cahill, Christensen, Ampadu, Drinkwater, Willian, Batshuayi

Good lineup! 

I think moving Azpi to LWB and playing Rudiger-Christensen-Luiz could make the two-man midfield work a bit better as then all of our best ball-playing CBs would on the pitch at the same time and Azpi could protect the defense and midfield better than Alonso.

Nevertheless, happy with the XI

kellzfresh likes this

We especially need Morata and Hazard to be very aggressive. The two players who a side like Bournemouth should not be able to live with. If we play slow and lazy like we did against Palace and most of Watford then it plays right in to their hands.

Sick of seeing a midfield '2' instead of '3'. We only need Hazard & Morata up top, no need for Pedro as much as we need further stability and ability in the centre. Bakayoko is erratic and Fabregas is slow. How on earth will we control the game?

quickpassnmove likes this

2 minutes ago, Leif said:

Sick of seeing a midfield '2' instead of '3'. We only need Hazard & Morata up top, no need for Pedro as much as we need further stability and ability in the centre. Bakayoko is erratic and Fabregas is slow. How on earth will we control the game?

Been saying this exact same thing all week. This midfield 2 just screams to opponents, "press these two and counter!"

Cesc should really only ever play in a more advanced attacking role or as part of a midfield 3. Strange and frustrating that Conte doesn't seem to realize this.

stupid that we didn't sign Hernandez despite trying for Llorente. With Hernandez and a better LWB signing, our season could have gone better. Hernandez, Hazard and Morata would have made a killer trio up top.