• Fabregas (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Morata (sub)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting little affair.
I don't understand why our defense became so fidgety in the second half - we even let one in.
In the first half Everton were totally harmless and the same was true of Watford.
Watford did score a fluke in the 46th minute but apart from that they were harmless in the first half. Then in the second half they nearly scored four against us.
The same picture tonight and I wonder what is the explanation.
Both Everton and Watford had good reason to try and press us in the first half but they just could n't.
Then in the second halves it was different. Caballero had to make some Coutrtois ++ saves.

No much positives from this game. Conte wanted some players to show that they can be counted on - Musonda and Ampadu weren't good at all, Drinkwater and Kenedy were average, Rudy and Christy a bit better. Willian continued with his "form" from this season. Caballero, Zappacosta and to some extent Bats were the only positives from the match for me.

10 minutes ago, El P. said:

No much positives from this game. Conte wanted some players to show that they can be counted on - Musonda and Ampadu weren't good at all, Drinkwater and Kenedy were average, Rudy and Christy a bit better. Willian continued with his "form" from this season. Caballero, Zappacosta and to some extent Bats were the only positives from the match for me.

Aside from not winning balls, Ampadu had a very average match against another side that stacked the CM against us. Nothing special from Ethan at all, but this looks like the trend against Chelsea and I don't see us doing anything tactically to counter it --whether it's the fault of Antonio or our lack of quality players is up for debate.

I can criticize Fabregas like anyone else this year, but I think that Cesc and our other players in centre mid are going keep on seeing this overloaded pressure in centre mid until our side changes tactics or gets additional players into the squad. We are too static on attacks, ineffective up top with combinations and outnumbered in centre mid because opponents can just focus pressure there to win the ball back. Having Kante there masks the problem because Kante can play like 1.5 players with great awareness, speed and balance.

6 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Aside from not winning balls, Ampadu had a very average match against another side that stacked the CM against us. Nothing special from Ethan at all, but this looks like the trend against Chelsea and I don't see us doing anything tactically to counter it --whether it's the fault of Antonio or our lack of quality players is up for debate.

Well, I don't expect from this youngsters to perform good every game. In some games opposition will be just too tough, in some games Willian, Cahill and co. will ruin all that is good. But that won't happen in every game, those young boys will get their chances every now and then and it's totally up to them to show their qualities in some of those games, games where some things actually goes our way.

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

League Cup quarter finalists

Arsenal
Bournemouth
Bristol City
Chelsea
Leicester
Man City
Man Utd
West Ham

Draw tomorrow at 4pm UK time.

We'll get City or Arsenal. Bet on it.

Pretty woeful overall especially the second half and young Charlie no problem in believing in your own ability but when you're giving the chance after acting all Billy big bollocks on Twitter you have to do better than that son. What I'm pissed off with is the club and tonight's ticketing. Surely they could have put all the Scousers in the upper tier of the Shed and sold tickets to Chelsea fans in the Shed lower. It's half term week and I know for a fact there are many parents who would have liked to bring their kids to tonight's game. Instead we had loads of empty seats there didn't need to be that much segregation this was Everon not Millwall.

3 hours ago, El P. said:

Well, I don't expect from this youngsters to perform good every game. In some games opposition will be just too tough, in some games Willian, Cahill and co. will ruin all that is good. But that won't happen in every game, those young boys will get their chances every now and then and it's totally up to them to show their qualities in some of those games, games where some things actually goes our way.

I thought it was a good day for Ethan, but our squad and formation didn't give him much chance to do anything.

47 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

How did MUsonda and ampadu play in this game. I know that Musonda had huge part in the first goal because it was his assist that Rudiger his goal but still I would like to know what you make of those 2 lads for those who actually saw the game.

Musonda wasn't very good. Lost the ball far too often.

Ampadu looks confident with his passing, but as expected was pretty hit and miss. Didn't look too out of place which I guess is good considering our midfield was out numbered.

3 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

How did MUsonda and ampadu play in this game. I know that Musonda had huge part in the first goal because it was his assist that Rudiger his goal but still I would like to know what you make of those 2 lads for those who actually saw the game.

Musonda tried to do too much, lost the ball quite a bit.   You can see the flashes of brilliance, he needs regular game time to build rhythm, to improve his decision-making, to improve his approach to the game.   He's not going to displace Willian or Pedro anytime soon...and playing 1 cup match with the odd 15 minute appearance isn't going to help his development. 

Ampadu did as well as you would expect from a 17-year old.  The one thing separating him from other youngsters is the composure in midfield.  He doesn't look scared or intimated to be playing against men.