• Ampadu
    • Drinkwater
    • Musonda
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Morata (sub)

"I think for the game against Everton, it is impossible to recover for [Danny] Drinkwater. [Victor] Moses needs more time and so does [N'Golo] Kante.

“But I think this could be a good opportunity to give a chance to the young player like Charly Musonda, also Kenedy, young players who I think deserve the chance. They are working very hard, they are improving and we can see the improvement against Everton which is a tough game. It is important for me, important for the club. We will do this.”

No Drinkwater yet.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Koeman sacked which probably means everyone from their side will be putting in 110%

Does any PL side really play their best XI in these earlier rounds of the League Cup? I doubt a team in the relegation zone will risk injury and fatigue here. They'll probably be fielding a bunch of young players just like us.

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Does any PL side really play their best XI in these earlier rounds of the League Cup? I doubt a team in the relegation zone will risk injury and fatigue here. They'll probably be fielding a bunch of young players just like us.

Depends who makes the decision now that Koeman is gone. If their manager hadn't been sacked I'd have been shocked had they put out a full strength side. Not so sure now. 

22 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Depends who makes the decision now that Koeman is gone. If their manager hadn't been sacked I'd have been shocked had they put out a full strength side. Not so sure now. 

Their U23 coach will take charge of this match, according to Guardian.

Honestly, don't think I'm overly bothered about this game. Important to keep winning run going but might not be a bad thing if we get KOed here.

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Honestly, don't think I'm overly bothered about this game. Important to keep winning run going but might not be a bad thing if we get KOed here.

My thoughts exactly. Would be nice to see Musonda etc play well and win but I wouldn't be bothered at all of we went out and had fewer fixtures to deal with.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Can't recall many times i have been overly bothered when we lose in this competition, even the 2008 final i got over relatively quickly. Of course i'd rather win than lose, but i don't get in anyway worked up about it like i do with the other three tournaments.

They will be right up for this. Fair enough that guy from their academy is in interim charge but even their first half against Arsenal they were really aggressive and pressed, so don’t be surprised if they are right at it for the full game because they’ve been shocking so far this season and I’m sure they’ll have a point to prove after going to shit against Arsenal.

Plus we should be looking to try progress in these cups and win them this season as we have no chance winning the league the rate City are going at.

Everton sure have been shocking, but they still have good players that usually turn up against us like Sigurdsson.

We haven't been at our best either. Pressing will ruin our play from the back and any attacking play more thoughtful than schoolboy level slices the defence in half. As evident in the Watford game.

Want to see Musonda, Christensen and Kenedy getting some mins. I would much rather that we win the game though.

10 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

What are those funny names they give to the league cup ?
Carabao - carabio - mambo italiano ?
I think we had better field reserves.

Since Carabao (energy drink company) is one of Chelsea's sponsors you would think fans would recognize the name.
They are sponsoring the cup I guess by buying the name rights. Like "The Emirates cup".

1 minute ago, Yeboii said:

Since Carabao (energy drink company) is one of Chelsea's sponsors you would think fans would recognize the name.
They are sponsoring the cup I guess by buying the name rights. Like "The Emirates cup".

Those are ginger beers packaged in some fancy way.