• Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marco Silva's team like to press, are good at keeping the ball, and in great form. We're shambolic against pressing sides who are any decent at keeping possession. Terrible form as well. Not looking forward to this one whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, NiclasCFC said:

Back to basics, back to a back four.

Courtois
Azpi-Cahill-Luiz-Alonso
Bakayoko-Cesc
Willian-Hazard-Pedro
Morata

Cahill, Luiz, Alonso in a back 4? Bakayoko AND Fabregas in front of them??

:lol::lol::lol:

Normally against these small teams I list a bunch of things that we must avoid doing ourselves in order to avoid an upset. Here, I actually expect us to lose. At home. To Watford. They'll press us high, they'll physically bully us, and probably similar to that abysmal Palace side we just lost to theyll somehow pass rings around us. Marco Silva is a great coach and will have a week to prepare for us whereas we'll have a quick turnaround of just a couple of days. 

And now Conte has just said that both Luiz and Bakayoko just picked up injuries. This is quickly developing into another season from hell. I'd be very surprised if we win this one. Which is insane to say about a team who is midtable at best.

11 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Yay here we go again...Watford are good at scoring last minute goals so something else to watch out for..

With our team being all over the place in last games, I think Watford could seal the deal much earlier ... <_<

Once again, CL match on Wednesday and PL game on Saturday, with all the injuries and our lack of squad depth, we are just f8cked. Watford are playing good and are even on higher place in the table. I really hope we can win, but I don't really believe this will happen. The team has injuries, a lot of players were tired even against Roma on Wednesday, I don't believe they will recover completely for Saturday. Our manager hasn't got players to choose from, so the 11 is almost clear, maybe our worst player Willian will start again, I hope Pedro will start instead of him as he was sub against Roma. I'd love to see Ampadu in mid, it's the perfect time to bring some youngsters into the team. But I doubt that, Conte is not a manager who likes to experiment with young players, unfortunatelly. Even Kenedy on the LWB sounds good for me, I want to see fresh legs on the pitch, otherwise I can't see us winning this game.

1 hour ago, King11Didier said:

Once again, CL match on Wednesday and PL game on Saturday, with all the injuries and our lack of squad depth, we are just f8cked. Watford are playing good and are even on higher place in the table. I really hope we can win, but I don't really believe this will happen. The team has injuries, a lot of players were tired even against Roma on Wednesday, I don't believe they will recover completely for Saturday. Our manager hasn't got players to choose from, so the 11 is almost clear, maybe our worst player Willian will start again, I hope Pedro will start instead of him as he was sub against Roma. I'd love to see Ampadu in mid, it's the perfect time to bring some youngsters into the team. But I doubt that, Conte is not a manager who likes to experiment with young players, unfortunatelly. Even Kenedy on the LWB sounds good for me, I want to see fresh legs on the pitch, otherwise I can't see us winning this game.

We could rotate, we SHOULD rotate but we won't <_<

Fabregas, Cahill, Alonso and probably even Willian will probably all start but they all lack qualities for Conte type of football IMO :) Kenedy should get his minutes on LWB, he was very good against Nottingham Forrest ... I still don't get it why Rudiger and Christensen are not regular starters and Cahill is ... if Gary is playing against Watford we will struggle once again because they tend to press high and he can't play a proper pass or rush forward. 

My lineup for Watford would be:

Courtois
Rudiger - Christensen - Azpi
Zappa - Bakayoko - Luiz/Ampadu - Kenedy
Pedro - Morata - Hazard

Start Ampadu if Luiz is not fit, this kid is the real deal and he will bring some stamina and hardwork in our midfield. Fabregas is just a passenger in that midfield ... once Kante is fit I would start Azpi on RWB/LWB and move Luiz to LCB. We need defenders that can play a pass or rush forward when are under pressure. 

Please Antonio, react!! Time to do your Chelsea renovation nr.2 ! :) Some regular starters need to be rotated or dropped, just like Ivanović was last year

Watford are an in form team and the table reflects that. I do not believe Chelsea can beat them, at tops we may draw the game.

After the shambolic performances in the last three games, Chelsea is in disarray, low in confidence and above all as per Azpi low in morale. This is going to be a tough season and I am bracing for the worst finishing outside the top four and no trophies. The only positive is that it is not as bad as the 15/16 Season.

Five players that have really under performed are Mosses, Cahill, Willian, Alonso and Batshayi. I still believe Bakayako is an upgrade on Matic, 

17 hours ago, King11Didier said:

It really isn't. These are games we need to win and under pressure. Bringing a player who just turned 17 not too long ago into a game like this is not ideal. You would rather him play like in the game against Forest when we were cruising and gave him minutes. Playing him now would be highly risky and something that Conte is not going to do. Even if Bakayoko and Luiz are injured I am 100% sure he will not be in the team. Same applies to Kyle Scott too.

I reckon Alonso will start this game and then Kenedy will obviously come in for him in the cup game against Everton.

Good if Luiz is fit but still annoying if we have to use him in midfield out of necessity again. In a one off, desperate situation like against Spuds earlier in the season he can do a job. But he's clearly not a midfielder and was all over the place against Roma. Over and over again he charged after Roma players and cleaned them out with a foul from behind. He'd have been booked about 4 times for those same challenges in the PL.

Midfield is what I'm really worried about here. Not only will we look poor in that area but due to us struggling there, we'll also look poor at the back.

This is a 100% must win game. I'll be seriously worried for Conte's job if we lose in an embarrassing way.