• Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

10 hours ago, Stats said:

It really isn't. These are games we need to win and under pressure. Bringing a player who just turned 17 not too long ago into a game like this is not ideal. You would rather him play like in the game against Forest when we were cruising and gave him minutes. Playing him now would be highly risky and something that Conte is not going to do. Even if Bakayoko and Luiz are injured I am 100% sure he will not be in the team. Same applies to Kyle Scott too.

I reckon Alonso will start this game and then Kenedy will obviously come in for him in the cup game against Everton.

I liked how Ampadu looked on the pitch and he played with some confidence and maturity, especially considering his age. Something I really liked in Ake also. I don't think Scott is ready yet, I think he was injured for Forest, that's why he didn't play and I can't really say anything about him, but Ampadu showed some good play and deserves more trust. 
Cmon, we have one of the best young teams in Europe, but we are still afraid of playing even one boy from the academy, even when almost everyone from our mid line is injured. That's why, eventhough, we spend so much money on your academy and it is producing a lot of talents lately, we still can't bring anyone to the 1st team. I think our youth teams deserves more faith, especially in moments when the board hasn't done their work properly through the summer.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from individual brilliance, I don't see us winning this game. 

They're in form, they'll be coming off a nice rest and they'll be playing without any pressure.  

If Watford lose: nothing happens.  If Chelsea lose: the media will be licking their lips. "Crisis at Stamford Bridge"  "Conte loses dressing room" etc etc 

14 minutes ago, ccheongf said:

Chelsea weakness has been exposed, press them ,dnt let them think or have time with the ball, then the whole team will crumble. They will be lost like sheep and doesnt know what to do when they possess the ball. 

Im just praying that Watford dont press us, so that we can win a match. Because our style to absorb pressure of the press, and wait till opposition is tired and then attack is just not working well because of how porous our defense is looking.

We need to press back when opponents press us, but what do I know.

So after seeing the quotes from Conte's press conference it sounds like there will be very late fitness tests for both Luiz and Baka. And even if they do play tomorrow they'll be well below 100%. Not good at all against a team in great form.

I think we're going to need some individual magic from Morata, Hazard, or Pedro. That is, if Pedro even starts over Willian.

Time for these players to step up and stop fucking moaning. They need to sort it out between themselves and start delivering on the pitch. Also the coach has to start doing the coaching again, more focus on doing his job rather than speaking with the media. He should know how the person before him ended when he started to do exactly that.

Tough game, but a great opportunity to win despite all the negativity and make a statement.

Lets play 5 at the back and 5 up front and just keep launching long balls............Well all our bloody midfielders are injured so what else can we do :P

Seriously though, it's time for our team to stand up and be counted. I know our bench is very weak, but we should have enough about us to get a result here .Play Ampadu, he's a guy that's not afraid to mix it and chase down the opposition, and now he can prove to Conte that he can hold down a spot.

Watford and Silva have been great this season. Tough tough match, but I have feeling we will beat them comfortably.

As long Willian isnt starting the game.

On another note, why the f*ck this team didnt improve overall for years now? We have Iva and Oscar to ditch, we do that, then Willian starts playing below any level. Merry go round and round and round...You replace two players, next season there are 3 more to be replaced. I understand aging players, but we have problems with players in prime..Same was with midfielders. We had Lamps-Rambo midfield a while ago, Rambo was good, but Lamps was aging. We bought Matic, and Rambo never managed to perform at his best. We buy Kante and Matic never manages to truly stand out again. It should be vice versa. You buy new top player and he helps the team as whole and individuals improve, but not here. Some simply stagnate or stay decent for year, then fall in form big time. Yet several players like Kdb, Salah or Matic are doing very well elsewhere now. Something is certainly not right in our core, that is eventualy reflected on pitch when simple passes, pressing, organisation, keeping the ball are catastrophic. And the team certainly has the ability, at least most of the players. But consistency and motivation + desire to IMPROVE are not there. Not sure why, but it feels sometimes we are just a team with bunch of mercenaries who are good, but dont realy give a shit about the club. Hence we can play brilliant one game, then awful next game. Or in big picture, we have great season and then terrible next one...And its not even about the trophies. I couldnt care less if we dont win PL this year, sure it should be main objective every year, but hell where is the general improvement of this team in past 5 years if you put trophies away? The fuck did this team achieve? Is it younger? Better organised? Has stronger attack/defence/midfield? Did we improve in posession or tactics/pressing? Do we have exciting talents? Is our youth integrating better in first team? Is the play nicer to the eye?

Not a single answer there is clear yes. Big ups and big downs, Rinse and repeat.

9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

On another note, why the f*ck this team didnt improve overall for years now? We have Iva and Oscar to ditch, we do that, then Willian starts playing below any level. Merry go round and round and round...You replace two players, next season there are 3 more to be replaced. I understand aging players, but we have problems with players in prime..Same was with midfielders. We had Lamps-Rambo midfield a while ago, Rambo was good, but Lamps was aging. We bought Matic, and Rambo never managed to perform at his best. We buy Kante and Matic never manages to truly stand out again. It should be vice versa. You buy new top player and he helps the team as whole and individuals improve, but not here. Some simply stagnate or stay decent for year, then fall in form big time. Yet several players like Kdb, Salah or Matic are doing very well elsewhere now. Something is certainly not right in our core, that is eventualy reflected on pitch when simple passes, pressing, organisation, keeping the ball are catastrophic. And the team certainly has the ability, at least most of the players. But consistency and motivation + desire to IMPROVE are not there. Not sure why, but it feels sometimes we are just a team with bunch of mercenaries who are good, but dont realy give a shit about the club. Hence we can play brilliant one game, then awful next game. Or in big picture, we have great season and then terrible next one...And its not even about the trophies. I couldnt care less if we dont win PL this year, sure it should be main objective every year, but hell where is the general improvement of this team in past 5 years if you put trophies away? The fuck did this team achieve? Is it younger? Better organised? Has stronger attack/defence/midfield? Did we improve in posession or tactics/pressing? Do we have exciting talents? Is our youth integrating better in first team? Is the play nicer to the eye?

Not a single answer there is clear yes. Big ups and big downs, Rinse and repeat.

IMO Mourinho last title winning squad was fantastic. We can compete with almost any team in term of squad quality. But after that we haven't done really well in term of signing. To be fair our net transfer after that was very low every year. It is difficult to improve your team when you have to sell first before you can buy.

It's crazy I even have to say this since we're playing Watford, but for the love of god press high and don't let them dominate the match. Results aside, what's been most disgraceful is that we've been outplayed by sides that are clearly below us in terms of quality, and that is totally down to our lack of will or instructions to press. 

For perspective on the damage this club does to its supporters -

I had heart surgery a few days ago, I think the day before the Roma game. I went into the surgery fine, came out of it fine. Slept fine.

Woke up the next day, fine.

Chelsea game that evening? Great way to spend the final night in hospital.

Game comes on.

My stupid self gets stressed at the scoreline.

I overthink and get riled up, too excited about football and all the possibilities for our immediate future.

They come in to check my blood pressure for the 20th time (but only the 1st time since the game ended) - and for the first time of my stay, it's a worryingly high blood pressure.

The surgeon comes to my room 2 hours later just to see how I am, after hearing I'm not as stable. He finds that my left chest had filled with blood, and had a slight clot, due to emotional distress overworking the heart in a delicate time.

I get whooshed back into surgery, have the blood sucked out, told I could've died, and it was all because of god damn Chelsea. (To an extent).

17 minutes ago, Leif said:

For perspective on the damage this club does to its supporters -

I had heart surgery a few days ago, I think the day before the Roma game. I went into the surgery fine, came out of it fine. Slept fine.

Woke up the next day, fine.

Chelsea game that evening? Great way to spend the final night in hospital.

Game comes on.

My stupid self gets stressed at the scoreline.

I overthink and get riled up, too excited about football and all the possibilities for our immediate future.

They come in to check my blood pressure for the 20th time (but only the 1st time since the game ended) - and for the first time of my stay, it's a worryingly high blood pressure.

The surgeon comes to my room 2 hours later just to see how I am, after hearing I'm not as stable. He finds that my left chest had filled with blood, and had a slight clot, due to emotional distress overworking the heart in a delicate time.

I get whooshed back into surgery, have the blood sucked out, told I could've died, and it was all because of god damn Chelsea. (To an extent).

Damn you Leif. Don't die, I'll miss your posts here.

And you seemed like you knew shits like this could happen, with the team quality we have. It shouldn't really be unexpected to you, hence - why all that stress?