• Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

I am now at the 46-47th minute and I just wanna say that 

1) this squad simply doesn't have enough in it; the XI on the pitch now are as good as it gets except for having Kante in the middle

2) the deficiencies we've already seen months ago are just becoming greater and greater: not enough quality from CM and from the wingbacks

Everyone knows we need some better forwards too.

Doucoure is seemingly better than what I imagined months ago.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Luiz MOTM. Absolutely outstanding at the back today and really charged the team forward in a crucial time. People won’t talk about his performance though. 

Thought he was amazing first half but really dropped in the second half

28 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

I am now at the 46-47th minute and I just wanna say that 

1) this squad simply doesn't have enough in it; the XI on the pitch now are as good as it gets except for having Kante in the middle

2) the deficiencies we've already seen months ago are just becoming greater and greater: not enough quality from CM and from the wingbacks

Everyone knows we need some better forwards too.

Doucoure is seemingly better than what I imagined months ago.

Also keep an eye on Richarlison. He was very important.

Richarlson's misses were crucial turning points in the game but if Fabregas had scored to make it 2-0 I think we would have won not at a canter but it wouldn't have been as frantic as it turned out. What I'd like to talk about is atmosphere at the ground. One of my first ever away games was when I was 12 at Watford in 1979. In those days Chelsea fans had a notorious reputation that was well deserved to be honest but we sang for 90 minutes and packed out the away end and as per usual had a good few in the home end.

Watford then were laughed at remember this is 1979 they had a gay chairman (Elton John) and there fans were all mums and swotty looking kids when their fans sang it was like a school choir. Ok it's almost 40 years ago but to hear their fans outsing us and take the piss out of our support is downright embarrassing.

43 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Good effort late in the match by Chelsea, but our squad badly needs upgrades and depth. 

And all should be older than 25 apparently because Conte doesn't include players like Christensen, Musonda, Kenedy and Rudiger even if starters are underperforming ;) Conte doesn't rotate much even though he is talking about squad depth :) 

We can bench every underperforming player out there but it ain't gonna happen ... Musonda deserves some minutes (of the bench at least) but Willian is still far ahead in pecking order as it seems; Cahill is huge underperformer and one of the worst passers I have seen in back 3 system but he is still starting over Rudiger and Christensen, who are tailor made for back 3 and playing out of the back system; Alonso seems to be tired or his (slow) speed is just becoming a real issue now but we haven't seen Azpi, Zappacosta or Kenedy starting on LWB. 

Our second unit will probably bring another great performance in cup match but they will be all benched for league match next weekend ;) 

That left hand side with Cahill as the Left Centre Back and Alonso as the Left Wing Back. is definitely a weakness that opponents can exploit

Bring Christensen in for Cahill and Azpilicueta for Alonso for the next league game. That is the best solution for now

28 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

Conte doesn't include players like Christensen, Musonda, Kenedy and Rudiger

Christensen and Rudiger have been playing a lot this season considering they are Centre-backs.

Musonda has played, but maybe should be playing more.

Don't know what is up with Kenedy...

1 hour ago, Yeboii said:

Christensen and Rudiger have been playing a lot this season considering they are Centre-backs.

Musonda has played, but maybe should be playing more.

Don't know what is up with Kenedy...

Every start for Rudiger and Christensen was due to suspension (Luiz red card and Cahill red card) or injury (Rudiger today because Azpi was moved to RWB). When the whole squad is fit they will be back on the bench with Cahill starting over them in every match that matters. 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

That left hand side with Cahill as the Left Centre Back and Alonso as the Left Wing Back. is definitely a weakness that opponents can exploit

Bring Christensen in for Cahill and Azpilicueta for Alonso for the next league game. That is the best solution for now

Cahill's defending for Pereyra's goal was just :lol:.

could they (pundits) just quit moaning about the corner that shouldn't have been? WTF!? If you cannot defend a freaking corner than perhaps you deserve to lose the game? :rolleyes:

BTW, as someone who like Alonso for what he is, which again has not changed by the time we signed him, he was so poor today that I agree he needs to be benched.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Same all last season, just getting worse now, which leaves our CM out of gas and/or unable to join attacks

1 minute ago, quickpassnmove said:

I don't think that was the origin of the problem nor the biggest problem on that Watford attack.

It was embarrassing to say the least. There was someone else tracking the player with the ball. Why did he track him too? (he even tripped in the process!) The goal practically came from the spot he vacated.

1 hour ago, quickpassnmove said:

I don't think that was the origin of the problem nor the biggest problem on that Watford attack.

The origin isn't the problem if the ball is given away at half way. The attack needs to formulate, and it occurred completely because of Cahill. 

That was actually some of the worst defending I've seen. He left his spot to follow a player who was already being tracked. Literally came across the field, and ended up tripping. He had an embarrassingly bad game. Can't believe people were calling for Luiz to be dropped who was our best player aside from Bats last night. 

I can feel for Conte here, he is in a critical position just like all the other managers we had. When the starting 11 doesn't perform we expect the managers to rotate with the younger squad, but we(board and fans) are not willing to take couple of successive defeats.

I mean he/the team have lost 2 matches and drew one, no manager would risk getting fired and obviously go with the exp. players.

Our board is still not ready for that I feel

16 hours ago, Strike said:

The moment Alonso was removed, we became very mobile on the left with Azpilicueta. Watford couldn't attack as much through that side and Azpi had the speed to both defend and attack. 

Wing back is the only position that gives us width, playing a slow snail like speed in that position is unheard-of among any top team except Chelsea.