test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 3-3 Roma

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   18 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Zappacosta
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Luiz
    • Fabregas
    • Bakayoko
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

256 posts in this topic

Maybe I'm reading this game wrong, but we are a side that hates to be pressed.Roma are pressing us high up the pitch just like City did and we can't handle it. Only 2 pieces of pure luck gave us the goals. We wont hold this unless something changes........and fast

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

We have actually been decent going forward - be it in counter attacking situations or the few times we managed to work our way into the final third. Main issue we have had no control of the game whatsoever from a defensive point of view. Luiz is like a ghost out there and Fabregas as well as Bakayoko doing nothing to get hold of the midfield.

Kante does more for us in terms of fluidity and control of a game than Fabregas. Not just saying this because he isn't fit and absence etc., it's true.

Fabregas is supposed to control the game when put in midfield, but 9/10 he doesn't do it because he can't. Couldn't even do it against Palace, the worst team in the league. His passing ability is overrated, often gives the ball away, 9/10 his long balls over the top only give possession back to the opposition, can't take a set-piece, can't tackle, leaves massive gaps in midfield, slow to get back and easily bypassed.

I'm sorry, but I just do not know what he brings to the team.

1 minute ago, FabHazard said:

I think we clearly miss Kante..Even with 3 man midfield they are cutting us  through the middle...We are giving them too much space

We miss Drinkwater. If we had him we could play our usual 3-4-3 with Drinkwater and Bakayoko. Pedro-Hazard and Morata up front. 3-4-3 also puts less pressure on our wingbacks to generate offense. 

Funny how opinions go: after scoring that goal, and considering Luiz is a cb playing in the mid, he could very well just stroll around for the rest of the game for all I care.  :)

1 minute ago, The Mak said:

Kante does more for us in terms of fluidity and control of a game than Fabregas. Not just saying this because he isn't fit and absence etc., it's true.

Fabregas is supposed to control the game when put in midfield, but 9/10 he doesn't do it because he can't. Couldn't even do it against Palace, the worst team in the league. His passing ability is overrated, often gives the ball away, 9/10 his long balls over the top only give possession back to the opposition, can't take a set-piece, leaves massive gaps in midfield, slow to get back and easily bypassed.

I'm sorry, but I just do not know what he brings to the team.

Do we actually even have a plan going forward? Every time we get the ball, we just look to lump it forward as quick as possible. No patient buildup play, not even trying to work the ball around.

The Mak likes this

This is fucking embarrassing! They're just effortlessly stroking it around and we just keep handing it straight back to them. 

Its like we aren't even bothered here!

Why did Morata even went for the ball? Fabregas was right behind him. Missed opportunity.

33 minutes ago, -Kaplan- said:

Why is everyone complaining about possession. We have never been known for having the ball. 

Because we’re at home and shouldn’t be playing this cowardly? We’re extremely lucky to be up still. 

The Chels likes this

Literally just stood off Fazio and let him pick whatever pass he wanted. FUCKING EMBARRASISNG.