• Luiz
    • Fabregas
    • Bakayoko
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

We have actually been decent going forward - be it in counter attacking situations or the few times we managed to work our way into the final third. Main issue we have had no control of the game whatsoever from a defensive point of view. Luiz is like a ghost out there and Fabregas as well as Bakayoko doing nothing to get hold of the midfield.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky to be ahead. Luiz , great goal but has no positional sense for the position. Just running all over the place. Not sure what Azpi was doing for the Kolarov goal. 

Honestly i don't get what we're trying to do. Why aren't we pressing them ? We're just allowing them to play their game at our home turf. Why ?

Painful watching us try and play out from the back. Can't string along 3 passes before we have to hoof it. 

Poor performance again.

1 minute ago, positivefootball said:

Bakayoko is terrible. Luiz running everywhere like a headless chicken. Azpi looks gassed.

I don't think Bakayoko has been terrible. Just no structure to his play. I don't know what he is supposed to be doing.

The whole point of Fabregas is to use him as a fulcrum. He needs to start dominating the ball in midfield and keeping Roma nervous about pressing too far forward. Don't remember him getting the ball in the middle of the pitch once. We just finally get the ball and hoof it forward like Stoke or West Brom.

Hold the ball and play it on the ground! Stop letting them walk through our entire team, ffs.

Maybe I'm reading this game wrong, but we are a side that hates to be pressed.Roma are pressing us high up the pitch just like City did and we can't handle it. Only 2 pieces of pure luck gave us the goals. We wont hold this unless something changes........and fast

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

We have actually been decent going forward - be it in counter attacking situations or the few times we managed to work our way into the final third. Main issue we have had no control of the game whatsoever from a defensive point of view. Luiz is like a ghost out there and Fabregas as well as Bakayoko doing nothing to get hold of the midfield.

Kante does more for us in terms of fluidity and control of a game than Fabregas. Not just saying this because he isn't fit and absence etc., it's true.

Fabregas is supposed to control the game when put in midfield, but 9/10 he doesn't do it because he can't. Couldn't even do it against Palace, the worst team in the league. His passing ability is overrated, often gives the ball away, 9/10 his long balls over the top only give possession back to the opposition, can't take a set-piece, can't tackle, leaves massive gaps in midfield, slow to get back and easily bypassed.

I'm sorry, but I just do not know what he brings to the team.

1 minute ago, FabHazard said:

I think we clearly miss Kante..Even with 3 man midfield they are cutting us  through the middle...We are giving them too much space

We miss Drinkwater. If we had him we could play our usual 3-4-3 with Drinkwater and Bakayoko. Pedro-Hazard and Morata up front. 3-4-3 also puts less pressure on our wingbacks to generate offense. 

1 minute ago, The Mak said:

Kante does more for us in terms of fluidity and control of a game than Fabregas. Not just saying this because he isn't fit and absence etc., it's true.

Fabregas is supposed to control the game when put in midfield, but 9/10 he doesn't do it because he can't. Couldn't even do it against Palace, the worst team in the league. His passing ability is overrated, often gives the ball away, 9/10 his long balls over the top only give possession back to the opposition, can't take a set-piece, leaves massive gaps in midfield, slow to get back and easily bypassed.

I'm sorry, but I just do not know what he brings to the team.

Do we actually even have a plan going forward? Every time we get the ball, we just look to lump it forward as quick as possible. No patient buildup play, not even trying to work the ball around.