• Bakayoko
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Batshuayi
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

1 hour ago, eemanyooel said:

The less you think about Chelsea... the better for your health....

I am literally trying to do that right now.

Pisses me off for so many reasons, firstly our loss.

Then I just got Azpi with the hope that he wouldn't disappoint in FPL and bam 2 goals + OG *sigh* talk about bad luck.

Cant believe I am saying this but the only silver lining was that Arsenal lost to watford and they are below us. You just know that our season isn't going well when you start to feel comfort that Arsenal lost. City are clearly the title contenders this season.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Cesc and Baka were fine today. See how much better we created and ran the midfield when we didn’t have ineffective Batshuayi and brain dead Willian in the second half? Conte got his selection wrong, and some key players like Hazard, Luiz and Azpi also had bad games. 

I don’t feel like we lost the midfield battle today per se - it was more to do with how bad the back three and front three were. Midfield actually played alright. 

I don’t know, they went through our midfield easily at times too. Similar to the issues we had with Cesc and Matic in a 2 a few years ago, one of the two being exposed (when your chasing a game it can happen sure). Think the 3 we played against Atletico worked so well because Fabregas’ lack of mobility and positional sense was well covered by Bakayoko and Kante’s athleticism and positional sense and vice versa because of Cescs ability to play penetrating passes and controlling the game from deep.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

I don’t know, they went through our midfield easily at times too. Similar to the issues we had with Cesc and Matic in a 2 a few years ago, one of the two being exposed (when your chasing a game it can happen sure). Think the 3 we played against Atletico worked so well because Fabregas’ lack of mobility and positional sense was well covered by Bakayoko and Kante’s athleticism and positional sense and vice versa because of Cescs ability to play penetrating passes and controlling the game from deep.

If one of the two is being over-exposed, change the tactics...using Luiz in midfield in 1-2 games isn't the worst option. 

You could even play Fabregas slightly higher up the pitch, which is better than watching Willian do nothing on the wing 

23 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

actually city managed to score 7 goals against Stoke

Ya was talking against us...which is what makes this result more annoying in the sense top side..1 goal..palace who haven't scored till now manage to score twice..

Now that I've had a few hours to calm down and think after that shambles today I've calmed down. Guess I was still holding out hope that we'd be competing for the title again. Really thought after that Atleti performance we'd go from strength to strength and fight until the end for the title. Think the league is gone already (which is fucking embarrassing) and the season now is all about top 4 and some good cup runs. We can't win it every year so I guess I'm fine with adjusting my expectations.

We really just have get our act together against these small teams that we should be dominating like the Manchester clubs are doing. It seems like our players go into this type of game and think their talent alone will be enough. The small teams come in a make up for their lack of talent with huge effort and fight and bully us. Chelsea shouldn't lose to these teams unless we get out-hustled and out worked like we did today.

Our next 2 PL opponents will try to do the same things as Palace did.

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

Now that I've had a few hours to calm down and think after that shambles today I've calmed down. Guess I was still holding out hope that we'd be competing for the title again. Really thought after that Atleti performance we'd go from strength to strength and fight until the end for the title. Think the league is gone already (which is fucking embarrassing) and the season now is all about top 4 and some good cup runs. We can't win it every year so I guess I'm fine with adjusting my expectations.

We really just have get our act together against these small teams that we should be dominating like the Manchester clubs are doing. It seems like our players go into this type of game and think their talent alone will be enough. The small teams come in a make up for their lack of talent with huge effort and fight and bully us. Chelsea shouldn't lose to these teams unless we get out-hustled and out worked like we did today.

Our next 2 PL opponents will try to do the same things as Palace did.

It was more than outhustled. We were outplayed by Crystal Palace. They were very comfortable whole game. 

In the end of game, usually the big team throw everything and the smaller team camp in their box. It wasn't the case they were comfortable even in injury time. 

I also wasn't happy when Conte bring in Pedro fo Michy, yes Michy played bad but he is our only striker, bring Pedro for zap or Alonso, switch to 4231. Without michy we have 0 presence in their box. 

Chelsea title hope is over. Champion is Manchester City.2 place will be Liverpool or Manchester United. Chelsea will be fighting for 3 or 4 position, or even 5 if things get worse. Most of the players were like lost sheep ,doesnt know what to do when they get the ball especialy the back 3. They just love to kick it from left to right and pass back to the keeper..,slowing down the attack. In the front  ,when attack ,its always 2  or 3 against 5 or 6 of the opponents. 

This team is for 3/4 down the table.
It's 2015 all over again.
Yesterday I fail to remember Hazard involved in any of the few serious moves we made up front.
The only times we bothered Spironi were Bakayoko's goal and the two shots fired by Fabergas (one was a free kick) and Mousonda who hit the roof of the stadium.
Batch was absent - even he used to perform somewhat better than that.
Willian a ghost of the past.
CP outplayed us. If it was a stronger team we could have lost by 8-0.

16 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Can’t agree with this sorry. Pep is too disrespected, his idea of football is almost revolutionary. What he did at Barcelona alone was legendary. What he’s about to do at City will be as well imo. 

Imagine a talent like Hazard under Pep for example. Look at how De Bruyne is evolving into the complete playmaker under him. Conte has done ok with Hazard but he hasn’t pushed him a level above yet, like Pep has with KDB. 

Yeah! its easy when your board backs your judgement by buying players you want and having a squad deep enough to fill the Atlantic Ocean. That used to be the Chelsea way 10 years ago. Just a shame that Roman hasn't seen fit to remove the two main culprits for this whole mess from his board but that's for another day.

Probalby not the best best to ask this but here goes.....

wtf are we doing copying the arse transfer policy it's never worked for them so why should it work for us.

Now all it seems that CFC are interested in is not laying out the required transfer fee, just so that the profit margin is profitable.

11 hours ago, Starman60 said:

Minus the passion and winning mentality we had last season. So NOT the same team

If Costa and Kante were injured last season in one game, there is no "passion" and "winning mentality" that could save us. I for once remember about 5 games where we played like shit last season, and Costa scored out of nothing to get us out. You think Michy could've done that back then? Also, I remember 5 games when we were shit in attack and all around, but Kante played masterclass in midfield and didn't allow opposition to score, so we could win 1-0 somehow. You think Matić could've done that back then?

Let's stop overrating that last season's team and play, for Chirst sake. Things like that GETS US in this kind of situation. I am sure board is thinking like some of you too.

57 minutes ago, El P. said:

If Costa and Kante were injured last season in one game, there is no "passion" and "winning mentality" that could save us. I for once remember about 5 games where we played like shit last season, and Costa scored out of nothing to get us out. You think Michy could've done that back then? Also, I remember 5 games when we were shit in attack and all around, but Kante played masterclass in midfield and didn't allow opposition to score, so we could win 1-0 somehow. You think Matić could've done that back then?

Let's stop overrating that last season's team and play, for Chirst sake. Things like that GETS US in this kind of situation. I am sure board is thinking like some of you too.

Bats looked like a player of a match between 1968 veterans yesterday.

Chelsea unfortunately lost his place in football and abandoned an idea from 2002/3 to become if not the best in Europe then among top 4 teams in CL. Today maybe not even in top 10. So many different coaches and some (a lot) very bad decisions in selection of players for years. CFC still spending good but not enough. I don’t think Chelsea fans wants Chelsea to become Real Madrid but to be where CFC was 10 years ago, competitive and among the very best. Another thing makes me angry, well, Antonio Conte and his idea of playing only 5 at the back and counter attacking football. Not helping at all. Not even Juventus use that formation (couple of times) because it doesn’t work against every team, plus always missing an extra midfielder to dominate. I don’t know. PL doesn’t look that poor to me like for the last couple of years. Just can’t see the way for Chelsea to pull that lucky rabbit from the 🎩  again. It’s just not the same quality of PL for doing that. At the end of the day all ways leads to Roman Abramovich, not the Board. Cheers