• Batshuayi
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely shambolic performance. I will not point to any player because every single one of them play poorly.

I mean we were outplayed by Crystal Palace. This is not a defensive masterclass by Palace or we battered them yet we cannot scored, we were simply outplayed.

Hopefully now Conte has the gut to drop Cahill for either Rudiger or Christensen. Gary may not play that bad today but it is time to upgrade our starting 11.

I did not expect this performance but so far nothing really surprised me about our performance this season. I said it before summer started, we were fantastic last season because everyone was confused on how to play Conte 343 system but in the end of the season, you can tell teams started to find a way to combat our 343. So we need an upgrade in our squad especially our WB, WB imo should be our main priority this summer yet we only acquired Zappacosta. 

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

Wow just had a brief but painful glance at the PL table and City are 9 points ahead of us now. They have 22 points we only have 13. I didn't even realize there was such a huge gap there.

And i fear it's going to get worse bud.

I think there's a lot more pain to come.

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Wow just had a brief but painful glance at the PL table and City are 9 points ahead of us now. They have 22 points we only have 13. I didn't even realize there was such a huge gap there.

I have stopped looking that far. We have never been in the title race this season, that was decided in the summer. Top 4 race is tough enough for our superstars.

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

They are so so clear and Pep has most of the players he needs to. He still wants to get Alexis on top of this. Proper ambitious club. Our board should be ashamed.

Much rather City win the title though.  

8 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Honest question to everyone. If both Conte and Hazard walk at the end of the season, can anyone blame them?

I hope they do if the club doesn't fix things in January. 

For as much as I love the club, it is a waste to football to not see both of them at their best. 

3 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Yep! Even Spurs are 4 ahead...crazy it's 8 games but sliding away quickly..again! Not that thought be going for the title anyway but been nice to be closer! Let's hope 4th doesn't seem a leap. 

2 minutes ago, AChes1ofus said:

And i fear it's going to get worse bud.

I think there's a lot more pain to come.

I'm not sure why this has to be the case everytime we win the f'in Premier League. It literally makes no sense. Limp and pathetic defenses of our title. Our board undermining our title defense. Every time...

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

Yep! Even Spurs are 4 ahead...crazy it's 8 games but sliding away quickly..again!

If it makes you feel better, Spurs face Liverpool and United in next two games while we have Watford and Bournemouth. Easy...

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Their talent, attitude of the players, and tactical set up are on another planet to ours. They are sent out to dominate anyone in front of them and have world class ability in nearly every position. They go against any opponent and look to impose themselves. We simply do not have the personnel.

City are a club with huge ambition. Roman and Chelsea win things and then become complacent. That complacency killed us a couple of years ago and it is killing us again this season.

We have 2-4 star players in our entire squad. Two of them were injured today and we completely fell apart.

- A second (and ONLY ALTERNATIVE) striker who looks out of his depth, the manager clearly doesn't rate but its okay cause his social media is funny.....Please.

- Drop Willian and play Musonda, I don't care if he has tantrums he showed more in his brief spell than Willian did.

- HURRY UP DRINKWATER. We need energy in that midfield when Kante is out.

- Thought Fabregas looked really good today.

- CHRISTENSEN.....AZPI........RUDIGER. GET CAHILL OUT OF THAT DEFENCE AND GET THE ARMBAND OFF HIM.

Please don't be another 'sacked at Xmas' fiasco.

Just now, Jason said:

If it makes you feel better, Spurs face Liverpool and United in next two games while we have Watford and Bournemouth. Easy...

Hahahah nope! Though hopefully we'll learn from this game..show up..then again probably not. Can't lose 3 in a row surley! 

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

We're not even pressing these last 10 minutes. They're pressing us and look like scoring another.

Hazard hasn't done shit today, but then again, he isn't given much. I truly hope he leaves because he is magic, and on a magic team, he'll produce it every time. 

I have no clue why we can't play eye catching football like Man City does. We had a head start of 8 years, and nothing. 

I honestly don't find it shocking players don't want to play here. Your signings and moves speak all about the ambition of a club. The players aren't as removed as the fans like to think they are. They view things very similarly to us.

You see City spending 250 mil on defence alone? Who wouldn't want to play there. We buy one single solid player in Morata, and buy Zappacosta who no one on here would have heard of prior to talks of him coming here. No disrespect to him, because he was one of the few who played okay today, but it shows the gap in ambition between us, and the Manchester clubs.

Have never been so disappointed in the club, mainly because this was all so avoidable. It isn't like the early 2010 era where there was a passing of the old guard and everyone was trying to work out where they fit in. It was literally having no ambition and not giving your manager anything to work with. Courtois, Hazard and Conte leaving would not shock me at all. I'd encourage at this point so the club can re invent themselves almost. 

You summed up my feelings totally. Ambition is the key word. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, I hate to love this club. The owner and the board are ultimately to blame for this mess. It pains me infinitely that Guardiola & Mourinho could hand-pick whoever they wanted to be bought and their wishes were fulfilled like Santa himself delivered the goods.

I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe Conte is disgusted by the lack of support from the board and the owner. That maybe he hates himself for having to make due with Alonso as his first LB, that he knows Guardiola and Mourinho are not above him at all, but they just have 21st century top-grade ammo while he has pre-Industrial Revolution ammo. That maybe he's apathetic with regards to being sacked. I really hope we get out of this mess and start spending big with him at thr helm.