• Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/28/2017 at 1:00 PM, different level said:

What? No one is going to say this is our first real test? It's kinda funny that someone posts that before every match regardless of the opposition.

Anyways, I want to see more of what we offered yesterday. There'll probably be some fatigue after an away Champions' league match on Wednesday night, especially after we're playing as soon as Saturday. Hopefully we'll be okay. A win against the bald cunt's team just before the international break would be massive.

We cannot afford to lose to them, so it is a big test.
It looks like they are the strongest opposition so far.

Mendy and Aguero will be missed by City but in no way form or shape does that make us favorites for this one.
Think it will be Christensen who comes in for Luiz and that there is a chance we'll switch back to 3-4-3 for this one.
Not sure how we aren't slight favourites being at home. I'm honestly excited by our chances of beating them with their suspect defence.

7 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

The fuck was he doing out that late in Holland a day or so before the match against us?

7 hours ago, nachikethas said:

No manager should allow to leave a player like this. That too before an important match.

It was the off day for City players and no one could have expected Aguero to end up in car crash. Even Bakayoko had a minor one last week outside Cobham, of all places!

Surely in a demanding position like wing back Zappa has to start this after Moses just played? Along with possibly Cahill for Rüdiger that's the only area we can really rotate. Can't rotate Alonso because the step down to Kenedy is so huge. Bakayoko and Kante surely need to play against probably the strongest midfield in the league.Maybe Cesc drops out for Pedro?

I actually hope we go with the same team that we did in Spain with Christensen for Luiz obviously. Maybe Rüdiger for Cahill. Cesc in a midfield 3 against City's defense will be a key if he plays. With City's wing backs always bombing forward and their CB's playing so high, he can catch them out easily with a pass to Hazard or Morata.

Would be a mammoth 3 points for the mentality of the squad to be level with City going into the (fucking stupid) international break.

Biggest concerns would be Alonso against whichever RWB or RW City choose, and the team's energy levels. 

Our home form Is very concerning, having already Lost and Drawn games (Burnley/Arsenal) you'd expect us to have absolutely won. Cannot afford to drop many more points at home. It's one of those stats that always signify eventual champions.  

These are going to come to monopolize 90% of possession. It's going to be a frustrating match to watch but we have to be ruthless when we have the ball. They still have a weak under-belly. Fernandinho is their only true physical presence in midfield and I don't see how that can cope with the the threat of Hazard. If he plays as the 10 again, he's going to rip through their midfield with ease. They don't have a single CB that can contain Morata. And then there's Pedro and Willian presumably off the bench. I can also envisage a scenario where Bakayoko bullies  De Bruyne out of the game. If you give De Bruyne time to pick out his passes, he'll destroy you but he can be anonymous when players get physical with him and he'll be scared to death of going up against a man-mountain like Baka. I've watched him play many many times. That's his biggest weakness. 

Aguero is the one who really scares me, glad he isn't playing. Gabriel Jesus is one of the best young strikers in the world but he's still far from the level of Aguero. Silva also scares me. He sort of gave Kante the run around in this fixture last season but now Kante has a partner in crime to relieve him of some of that pressure. We all saw how amazing Kante played in Madrid. I hope Moses can do a job on Sane. He's still raw and prone to severe inconsistency but he's a very dangerous and talented player. Kante will have to be dilligent in offering help defense to Moses to null Sane's threat. 

10 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

And it's not like Amsterdam is far away from Manchester, timewise it's about as far as London by plane. Nevertheless, weird decision to go to some concert only days before one of the biggest match in the calendar.

Well he couldn't have gone Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (which would have been a proscribed recovery day) and, even if the act he wanted to see was still gigging, he obviously couldn't have gone on Friday or Saturday.. Thursday seems like his best, and probably only, shot.

13 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Biggest concerns would be Alonso against whichever RWB or RW City choose, and the team's energy levels. 

Our home form Is very concerning, having already Lost and Drawn games (Burnley/Arsenal) you'd expect us to have absolutely won. Cannot afford to drop many more points at home. It's one of those stats that always signify eventual champions.  

Surprisingly we've played better team football away from home this season.  At Wembley, At Leicester, At Stoke, Against Atletico...we've looked capable of creating chances.

Hopefully we keep both Silva's quiet and earn at least a point. 

Just realized looking at the table that we can possibly finish the weekend and enter the international break joint top or in about 6th-7th. :blink:

Strange to think of a game in September as a must win, but this is for me. Follow up that CL performance with a win against everyone's title favorite and it will be a massive boost just like the winning streak we went on last season. Lose and there's huge pressure on us every week going forward just to keep pace.

6 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

Put Willian in as attacking CM in front of Kante and Bakayoko if Cesc isn't up for this one. Been sloppy lately anyway.

Was telling a friend of mine yesterday that that is exactly what I would love to see, but realistically  the chances of that happening are extremely slim.