• Bakayoko
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

29 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Really have nothing bad to say about our defense line today as they've got relentlessly hammered the entire game, esp second half. Alonso was good defensively despite the worry there. Andreas was a monster and should prob play along with Luiz when he's back - we miss Luiz' drive today.

It's all about the midfield and it did not show except, as usual, Kante. Baka has been a big disappointment to me and I must have been watching different games, because at this time he just isn't good enough. Fabregas I've already given up long time ago - good squad player, but must not start tough games like this one.

I've always disliked Willian, but lately every time I watch him play, he's the worst player on the pitch.

All in all, we have a good team, poor squad and have no business challenging for any silverware this season (perhaps FA cup or something like that).

If Bats is not trusted, because he might not be good enough, why is he still in the squad and why hasn't the club picked a replacement? 

Yeah, I agree on Bakayoko since I've now seen him play in a number of matches. Fabregas looks all but done with his speed. He can't do what Pirlo did at age 36 either. And yet, Cesc could still do well in a club with more effective attackers --which we severely lack right now.

We are defensively pretty strong, but I would rather Chelsea had some new wingback, midfield and attacking players to give playing time instead of being obsessed over making top 4 again this season. Not looking good in that respect given that we're going to spend this entire season relying on just Hazard and Morata for quality attacking options while our wingbacks offer very little.

I don't know what Antonio can do right now. Kenedy should get some more time on the pitch or we better have a new LWB lined up for the January window. 

Face it, whereas we were AHEAD of everyone in 2004-2005, we're now constantly playing catch-up or lag behind --depending on how you see it. See the difference between what our board did for Jose (2nd time in charge) versus what ManUtd have done with Jose. 

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Yeah, I agree on Bakayoko since I've now seen him play in a number of matches. Fabregas looks all but done with his speed. He can't do what Pirlo did at age 36 either. And yet, Cesc could still do well in a club with more effective attackers --which we severely lack right now.

We are defensively pretty strong, but I would rather Chelsea had some new wingback midfield and attacking players to give playing time instead of being obsessed over making top 4 again this season. Not looking good in that respect given that we're going to spend this entire season relying on just Hazard and Morata for quality attacking options while our wingbacks offer very little.

I don't know what Antonion can do right now. Kenedy should get some more time on the pitch or we better have a new LWB lined up for the January window. 

Face it, whereas we were AHEAD of everyone in 2004-2005, we're now constantly playing catch-up or lag behind --depending on how you see it. See the difference between what our board did for Jose (2nd time in charge) versus what ManUtd have done with Jose. 

Heh I'm one who actually appreciates the qualities Alonso has, not the ones he does not (pace and defending) - he was one of the few players today not dangling on ball under pressure and producing some pretty good one-touch passes, one to morata's chest in the first half. Think he would make a pretty good midfielder if moved/trained there tbh. We are committed to this system though, because the squad has abundance of CBs and no fulllbacks other than azpi.

BTW, Azpi is not a good wingback... He's just too defensive for a wingback and the team lacks quality and intent going forward when he's there.

Team has the wrong balance at this time: way too defensive...

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

Thank god for our away form! Our home results have been rubbish.

Now that i have a much clear head, the only odd result there would be our loss against Burnley, it still irks me, on any other given day it would have been a win for us, other than that we faced 2 top teams at home, yes we could have done much better but it wasnt meant to be, overall it could have been much worse to be honest considering our difficult fixture list, and like you said, thank God for our away form otherwise we would be lingering down the table. The positive thing i can take from all of this is that we are going to have a much nicer calendar in the next months and we should capitalize on that as City and United will drop points at some point with their respective tough schedules still to come, its still early season, the gap is not that big, pundits and media can say its between only the Manchester clubs for the title, so let them lick their asses, we just have to regroup now and do our job, and we will have a much clear picture come January what our chances are, its still a long season. Cheers

14 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

The positive thing i can take from all of this is that we are going to have a much nicer calendar in the next months and we should capitalize on that as City and United will drop points at some point with their respective tough schedules still to come, its still early season, the gap is not that big, pundits and media can say its between only the Manchester clubs for the title, so let them lick their asses, we just have to regroup now and do our job, and we will have a much clear picture come January what our chances are, its still a long season. Cheers

Arsenal aside, City won't play any of the other top sides until December and if their form is anything to go by, you'll expect them to steamroll the lesser sides. They are scoring goals and barely conceding any. As for United, they have Liverpool (a), Tottenham (h) and Chelsea (a) in 3 of their next 4 league games after the international break. Then it's straightforward till December.

8 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Sometimes you have to admit the opposition were better.

Positives, Moratas hamstring doesn't appear that serious, Christensen was immense

agree, lets regroup and focus on the next matches, Christensen has cimented his spot for me, amazing player, lets see if Conte sees the same. Cheers

2 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

actually the next worst thing about the defeat

"Antonio Conte was pleased with the efforts of his side in the narrow defeat to Manchester City at Stamford Bridge"

From what I gather in this forum we were playing really bad.

I think his point was the players did their best with only 2 days rest. It wasn't pretty but City are the best team in the league at the moment. I'm disappointed but not livid.

2 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

"Antonio Conte was pleased with the efforts of his side in the narrow defeat to Manchester City at Stamford Bridge"

Bad,yes.

only 4 shots, all the players were tired.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Arsenal aside, City won't play any of the other top sides until December and if their form is anything to go by, you'll expect them to steamroll the lesser sides. They are scoring goals and barely conceding any. As for United, they have Liverpool (a), Tottenham (h) and Chelsea (a) in 3 of their next 4 league games after the international break. Then it's straightforward till December.

i agree with what youre saying about City, but lets not forget that they can have a bad day just like anyone else, a slip up is bound to happen altough that seems very unlikely at the moment, reminds me of Tottenham´s winning run at the end of last season when they were going toe to toe with us, only to lose to West Ham away thus ending their hopes of the title, we were simply much better. Still a very long season, anything can happen, the lesser sides will have a major say where the title goes this season. Cheers

We let them beat us, thank god it was only 0-1 ... 

Fabregas, Alonso and Willian were shockingly bad. I can understand that 352 worked on Wednesday but Fabregas was passenger in midfield, his lack of work rate is disturbing. Pedro was fresh, Zappacosta was fresh .... 

19 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

I think his point was the players did their best with only 2 days rest. It wasn't pretty but City are the best team in the league at the moment. I'm disappointed but not livid.

19 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Bad,yes.

only 4 shots, all the players were tired.

21 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

it seems that win against A.Madrid took its toll on the players unfortunately, who knows what an extra day of rest could have done for us, but what´s done is done, now lets march on and regroup. Cheers and KTBFFH

7 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

agree, lets regroup and focus on the next matches, Christensen has cimented his spot for me, amazing player, lets see if Conte sees the same. Cheers

Yup him and Luiz have to be the first two choices out of the back 3. I think we would have 3 points today if Luiz was marshalling the defence - but hey, let's move on. Citeh will drop points against teams like the yids, etc

6 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yup him and Luiz have to be the first two choices out of the back 3. I think we would have 3 points today if Luiz was marshalling the defence - but hey, let's move on. Citeh will drop points against teams like the yids, etc

City have yet to go on a bad run, lets see when it gets really tough how will they cope, they beat Liverpool who has a horrible defence and were down to 10 men, they beat us after our tiring win in Madrid, and they had more rest and no travel, unlike us, everything is going for them at the moment, but it wont last for long, i feel it. Im not trying to make any excuses, City are a formidable team at the moment, but we´ll see for how long can they mantain this rythm, its still early days. Cheers

6 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yup him and Luiz have to be the first two choices out of the back 3. I think we would have 3 points today if Luiz was marshalling the defence - but hey, let's move on

i really want to see a starting regular back 3 of Azpi - Luiz - Christensen with Rudiger and Cahill rotating

A few considerations: 
- with a Hazard 100% and Morata, perhaps some danger in more we would have created it but the leitmotiv of the game would not be changed.
 - they have 5 very technical players, anymore the fullbacks of high-level, technical but also young people, that can to press, stirs and don't leave references; us in the whole rose only two (Hazard that was not to 100% and Fabregas that by now it has a certain age and he is eaten by the players of the city) have him a beautiful center of the field dike, but you beat and you beat sooner or later it surrenders... 
positive: 
- Christensen that to say.. I have not seen half error.
 -others excellent: kante, azpi but they already know you and rudiger. 
- negative for me: Willian.. ago always hisaccelereazionis of the pipe where it jumps the first one if it lengthens it and it constantly loses of, Or wrong pass or does not pass it because it has the game vision of a mole!
Bakayoko.... is good to a certain extent, it will be a great midfielder but it is of a distinctly lower level than what it is I consider the standard to be classified phenomena in midfield.
MORE: Cahill
P.S. things about Bakayoko and Willian I always think of it, it's not a judgement due to defeat.
I hope in the next markets you think to raise considerably the technical rate of the team... Not 10 purchases, but 2-3 world-class.