test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Chelsea 0-1 Man City

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   24 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Christensen
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Bakayoko
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

409 posts in this topic

After last nights performance and result, i'm feeling a whole lot more confident on this one.

We are no where near our peak yet and it's time for the rest to start worrying:D

It will be a total different game than the one against Atletico. However, I count on Hazard's fantastic hunger to play. He was absolutely shining against Atleti. Also, he and Morata seem to get along very well.

But the most essential aspect about this game will be our defense. We have to be absolutely perfect.

I'd take a draw, to be honest, but beating them just after a fantastic performance in Madrid would send a fantastic signal regarding our ambitions for this season.

Johnnyeye likes this

2 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

It will be a total different game than the one against Atletico. However, I count on Hazard's fantastic hunger to play. He was absolutely shining against Atleti. Also, he and Morata seem to get along very well.

But the most essential aspect about this game will be our defense. We have to be absolutely perfect.

I'd take a draw, to be honest, but beating them just after a fantastic performance in Madrid would send a fantastic signal regarding our ambitions for this season.

Yep agreed

I would hope that The Don plays Christensen and Rudiger, as we know Luiz is suspended, an i've never rated Cahill

15 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

the only thing we should be aiming for is a win, we are playing at home and we can definitely do it, if it were at the Ethiad i would understand the draw, of course it will be a very difficult game, we need to be fully focused on defense, because City have been running riot and are a very dangerous side, we will need to be at our very best to contain their threats and also find the best attacking option against City. It doesnt help the fact that we played yesterday and have to play on a Saturday instead of a Sunday, they have 1 more day of rest, but i trust Conte to find the best solution for this game, this group of players are used to this kind of scenario, playing many games, so we will just have to wait and see who Conte picks for Saturday minding injuries and suspensions. Cheers and KTBFFH ;)

1 hour ago, Blusan Alamb said:

The battle of the wingbacks on Saturday will be important me thinks , Alonso better get his head out of his ass for this 1 , ohh to have a Sandro 

27 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Same line up as Atletico but Luiz for Rudiger and let's hope the boyzzz can summon their powers for one last huge game before the International break!

Don't think Cesc can handle another start. I would prefer Pedro to start ahead of him

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Don't think Cesc can handle another start. I would prefer Pedro to start ahead of him

Difficult to say. Both of these options do have merits. 

The team needs fresh legs for this one, Drinkwater would've been useful here, what a shame he is injured right now. I'd like to see 3-5-2 again, but will be big gamble to start again with the same midfield, especially starting Cesc again. I just can't understand why this match is not played on Sunday, one extra day would've been really good for our players after they trip to Spain. So, I believe Conte will start with 3-4-3 with Kante and Baka in mid and Hazard-Morata and Pedro up front. Christensen for Luiz and maybe Rudiger for Cahill.
It will be interesting to see if Conte thinks Zappacosta is ready to face strong opposition like city and start him. I believe the condition of the players will take a big role in the final result. Let's hope for another good performance from our boys on Stamford Bridge and hopefully a massive win against one of the contenders for the title this year.

5 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Same line up as Atletico but Luiz for Rudiger and let's hope the boyzzz can summon their powers for one last huge game before the International break!

Rudigar in the middle? Highly doubt that. I think Christiansen will start there for sure.