• Pedro (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Frustrating and disappointing, that is the feeling at the moment. City completely bossed the game (as they should be after spending over 200m like nothing).

I wanted to win this, would be content with a draw, we got nothing and moreover we didn't turn up at all today. Furthermore we lost Morata for a few weeks. Such a bad, bad day.

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

Conte's teams don't know how to deal with high calibre possession sides. Tottenham have dominated us in virtually every game and they're not even high calibre but possession based. City is both and we were very lucky to beat them both times last season as they thoroughly outplayed us in both games. We aren't so lucky anymore. They've improved their team and they've fully implemented Pep's philosophy. 

Away last season wasn't nearly as one sided as people make out. Apart from a dodgy Cahill own goal they had no clear chances. It was 2 or 3 good chances which happened quickly after another that they killed the game. Buts that football. That happens sometimes. No shame against a city side away. The first half was tight, the second we killed them on the counter bar the first 15 minutes. 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

We got made to look like a midtable side AT HOME after such a high just days before. They utterly dominated us in every phase of the game. They looked miles better going forward, fluid on the counter, and didn't give us a sniff defensively. All of that when we were the home side. Totally outclassed. The champions totally outclassed at home. :(

Pretty clear that we don't have enough to win the league this season, especially with all the added matches.

The midfield was non existent - panic men.
We can't win the league with two serious opponents like City and Utd already 6 points ahead of us.
Last year Spurs were a joke of an opponent and two years ago City was also a joke.

This has to be the most humiliating defeat personally I've ever experienced at Stamford Bridge. And I've been actively supporting this club since 1997, the days of Zola, Poyet and Petrescu. I can't ever remember us looking so bad AND negative. For the 1st time and I'm totally disappointed in Conte and his approach

Just now, FabHazard said:

I want our team to be attacking and dominating...We need a philosophy change...That should come all the way from  the board....We cannot beat these possession based football teams who play with high pressure...

Well we beat Tottenham already. Weren't second best either. 

Conte really should have brought on Michy after Morata went down. First time he has got it wrong in a while.

Against a team where you're conceding possession already, you're not going to get a false 9 involved through hoof ball. Michy played well when he got on. 

To be fair, given the strides and improvements City have made in their team, we need to do the same. Cahill and Alonso really need to take a place as squad players. They got absolutely hammered today. Every attack was focused on them, and every great opportunity they had came up because of them. 

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

This has to be the most humiliating defeat personally I've ever experienced at Stamford Bridge. And I've been actively supporting this club since 1997, the days of Zola, Poyet and Petrescu. I can't ever remember us looking so bad AND negative. For the 1st time and I'm totally disappointed in Conte and his approach

You forgot mourinho chelsea against psg with 10 men

Just now, FabHazard said:

You forgot mourinho chelsea against psg with 10 men

That one wasn't even that bad. I just felt we weren't good enough and looked clueless because Mourinho couldn't coach any attacking football to save his life. This was............ they ate us alive today. It felt like a 5-0 defeat. There's absolutely no reason why they should be so superior to us and make us look like fucking Watford. 

Just now, Mana said:

I know you have every right to be disappointed but come on. It's not like they battered us 6-0 or something. Our performance was disgraceful, but we had worse.

Read my above post ^^^^^^ I don't care about the final score. An L is an L. The dominance they showed over us was unacceptable. 

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

Conte really should have brought on Michy after Morata went down. First time he has got it wrong in a while.

Against a team where you're conceding possession already, you're not going to get a false 9 involved through hoof ball. Michy played well when he got on. 

To be fair, given the strides and improvements City have made in their team, we need to do the same. Cahill and Alonso really need to take a place as squad players. They got absolutely hammered today. Every attack was focused on them, and every great opportunity they had came up because of them. 

Batshuayi wouldn't have made a difference. This is a playing philosophy and mentality problem. We simply don't know how to play football with possession based footballling sides despite us being a multi-million pound ensemble. What's the excuse? Our board fucked us but they aren't the ones who made us play in low block for 90 minutes. What can Batshuayi do when you can't touch the ball? Hazard barely touched the ball. Once that happens, we lose. 

Would love to see this match played tomorrow. I think it'd be completely different. Morata, Bakayoko, Cesc, Alonso and Hazard looked absolutely knackered. Well done to TV companies. I can't criticize Conte too much. He maybe should have started Pedro. Bringing on Willian, who should be punished for this shitshow, he tries so hard to be the most hated Chelsea player in recent memory, was huge mistake. As will be benching Andreas Christensen who is amazing.

It's a pity that we don't have any squad depth.

8 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

True. Even Mourinho's flailing side of two years ago put up some semblance of resistance before going down.