• Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Long post coming. 

I really enjoy how silent Conte's thread was with the performance at Atletico, yet a bad game against Man City and suddenly it's the fault of the coach, he shouldn't be here much longer, blah blah blah, all that horeshit. First, if you hide away when examples contradict your view (like midweek) and only show up to voice how bad he's doing, thats a sign of someone who has already decided their view. Ignore the other side of the coin, im already sure when I stand. 

Secondly, his choice for this game have been spot on. He's been correct. Azpi and Rudiger on Sane and a midfield 3 to clog the middle. Yes, you will have less of the ball. But this is MAN CITY, understand the strengths and weaknesses of this squad for fucl sake. Poor luck with Morata going off, what do you want Conte to do? Play Batshuayi and have the ball bounce of him. By the way, last season when Costa wasnt available all 3 of Pedro, Willian and Hazard would start and the direct counters were quality. Or would you have him go 434? LOL. Yeh, lets have 2 CMs and hope Hazard and Willian can track the fullbacks and extra midfield man. Give me a break. If our attacking players knew the offside rule maybe this game would have turned out differently 

What is even pissing me off the most is that it's not even effective counter-attacking football. It's not like the PSG - Bayern game the other day. It's just back-to-the-wall lump it aimlessly forward for 90 mins. No plan, no idea, nothing. It's like those Mourinho games in the Champions league in his 2nd spell. Hit and hope. What the fuck are we supposed to be watching! We aren't Huddersfield. This is a multi-million pound ensemble! I can't even discern what this team is supposed to be doing

1 minute ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Secondly, his choice for this game have been spot on. He's been correct. Azpi and Rudiger on Sane and a midfield 3 to clog the middle. Yes, you will have less of the ball. But this is MAN CITY, understand the strengths and weaknesses of this squad for fucl sake. Poor luck with Morata going off, what do you want Conte to do? Play Batshuayi and have the ball bounce of him. By the way, last season when Costa wasnt available all 3 of Pedro, Willian and Hazard would start and the direct counters were quality. Or would you have him go 434? LOL. Yeh, lets have 2 CMs and hope Hazard and Willian can track the fullbacks and extra midfield man. Give me a break. If our attacking players knew the offside rule maybe this game would have turned out differently 

Conte's teams don't know how to deal with high calibre possession sides. Tottenham have dominated us in virtually every game and they're not even high calibre but possession based. City is both and we were very lucky to beat them both times last season as they thoroughly outplayed us in both games. We aren't so lucky anymore. They've improved their team and they've fully implemented Pep's philosophy. 

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

Fortunate it's only one. I could blame players but the person at fault is Conte.

I suppose 4 players not knowing the offside rule, cbs and cms standing around inviting pressure and WB's booting the ball in the air to Hazard skips blame. Must be Conte! 

We got made to look like a midtable side AT HOME after such a high just days before. They utterly dominated us in every phase of the game. They looked miles better going forward, fluid on the counter, and didn't give us a sniff defensively. All of that when we were the home side. Totally outclassed. The champions totally outclassed at home. :(

Pretty clear that we don't have enough to win the league this season, especially with all the added matches.

I suppose 4 players not knowing the offside rule, cbs and cms standing around inviting pressure and WB's booting the ball in the air to Hazard skips blame. Must be Conte! 
Cesc played 90 mins and Willian came on instead of Michy. That alone was mind-boggling.