test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Chelsea 0-1 Man City

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   24 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Christensen
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Bakayoko
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

409 posts in this topic
Just now, Mana said:

I know you have every right to be disappointed but come on. It's not like they battered us 6-0 or something. Our performance was disgraceful, but we had worse.

Read my above post ^^^^^^ I don't care about the final score. An L is an L. The dominance they showed over us was unacceptable. 

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

Conte really should have brought on Michy after Morata went down. First time he has got it wrong in a while.

Against a team where you're conceding possession already, you're not going to get a false 9 involved through hoof ball. Michy played well when he got on. 

To be fair, given the strides and improvements City have made in their team, we need to do the same. Cahill and Alonso really need to take a place as squad players. They got absolutely hammered today. Every attack was focused on them, and every great opportunity they had came up because of them. 

Batshuayi wouldn't have made a difference. This is a playing philosophy and mentality problem. We simply don't know how to play football with possession based footballling sides despite us being a multi-million pound ensemble. What's the excuse? Our board fucked us but they aren't the ones who made us play in low block for 90 minutes. What can Batshuayi do when you can't touch the ball? Hazard barely touched the ball. Once that happens, we lose. 

Amblève. and Johnnyeye like this

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

Read my above post ^^^^^^ I don't care about the final score. An L is an L. The dominance they showed over us was unacceptable. 

Ok. But what about the Mourinho-sacked season 2 seasons ago? How can you forget the disgraceful performances we had then at SB? 0-3 to City, 0-1 to Bournemouth, 1-2 to Crystal Palace, 1-3 to Liverpool...I can think of way worse performances then today's. However don't think I'm defending this performance. I agree, it's horrific.

Johnnyeye likes this

Would love to see this match played tomorrow. I think it'd be completely different. Morata, Bakayoko, Cesc, Alonso and Hazard looked absolutely knackered. Well done to TV companies. I can't criticize Conte too much. He maybe should have started Pedro. Bringing on Willian, who should be punished for this shitshow, he tries so hard to be the most hated Chelsea player in recent memory, was huge mistake. As will be benching Andreas Christensen who is amazing.

It's a pity that we don't have any squad depth.

Johnnyeye and The Chels like this

8 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

This has to be the most humiliating defeat personally I've ever experienced at Stamford Bridge. And I've been actively supporting this club since 1997, the days of Zola, Poyet and Petrescu. I can't ever remember us looking so bad AND negative. For the 1st time and I'm totally disappointed in Conte and his approach

True. Even Mourinho's flailing side of two years ago put up some semblance of resistance before going down.

1. That was just shit. I had expected us to defend, which we did reasonably OK, and play on the break. But where was even that attacking impetus?

2. Was Moses injured or something? It's well known that Delph was going to play at LB and yet Conte played the more conservative Azpi at RWB. Heck, where was Zappacosta? We needed width and yet we kept playing through midfield, which City didn't mind one bit.

3. Morata's injury was a big blow to us but where was the Plan B after he went off? Why did Conte bring Willian on? Literally took away any attacking presence for us upfront and all the more shocking that Willian is bang out of form right now. Even Pedro would have given a slight threat going forward with his attacking runs.

Johnnyeye, Stats and Amblève. like this

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

That one wasn't even that bad. I just felt we weren't good enough and looked clueless because Mourinho couldn't coach any attacking football to save his life. This was............ they ate us alive today. It felt like a 5-0 defeat. There's absolutely no reason why they should be so superior to us and make us look like fucking Watford. 

I agree and disagree in a sense. 

They are a far more dynamic team. Sane is brilliant. Simply put, a quicker, stronger, more direct version of Willian with great finishing. Sterling is a speedster with skills who can open a game, particularly when he only has Alonso to go around. 

All around the pitch they have far more versatile and multi faceted players. Silva and KDB are just better, stronger and way faster versions of Cesc. 

Cahill just doesn't have it to play in these big games. I would have rather seen Azpi in the middle, and Moses on the wing. Moses is a physical specimen at least, and will work. 

Simply put, we are just overmatched in regards to personnel. We need a Sandro, Van Dijk, and a dynamic playmaker in the middle. 

Johnnyeye likes this

1 minute ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Would love to see this match played tomorrow. I think it'd be completely different. Morata, Bakayoko, Cesc, Alonso and Hazard looked absolutely knackered. Well done to TV companies. I can't criticize Conte too much. He maybe should have started Pedro. Bringing on Willian, who should be punished for this shitshow, he tries so hard to be the most hated Chelsea player in recent memory, was huge mistake. As will be benching Andreas Christensen who is amazing.

It's a pity that we don't have any squad depth.

I agree. Fabregas must be tired with the way Kante and Bakayoko carried him midweek.

Johnnyeye likes this

its amazing we didnt concede more to be honest, the 1-0 loss is flattering, that just shows how shit we were, what a way to ruin my mood this weekend, at least we weren´t humilliated, but fuck this, i expected much more from this group of players, the fact that Morata´s injury led to this, it shows we still have big issues to solve :( this one is on the board for not getting the required targets in the summer, yes Conte got his tactics all wrong today and also the subs, but it doesnt hide the fact that our board fucked it up again. The players were tired from the Madrid game, Morata´s injury is a testament to that, such a shame to lose at home and as champions playing like this at home is embarassing, we looked like an average team, congrats to City, they were miles better than us today and we couldnt cope with them or cause them any problems, they played us off the park and they deserve the victory. 

its back to the drawing board again, lets just hope Morata´s injury isnt so serious. Cheers mates

8 minutes ago, sutro said:

Conte didnt start to win this game and thats what het got......

When you have Hazard and Morata plus a slow Cesc as your three top attacking players in the entire squad against high-pressing, quicker ManCity, what do you expect? Chelsea don't have enough attacking quality across their formation.

Just now, quickpassnmove said:

When you have Hazard and Morata plus a slow Cesc as your three top attacking players in the entire squad against high-pressing, quicker ManCity, what do expect? Chelsea don't have enough attacking quality across their formation.

Why not play Pedro. Sure he is useless a lot of times, but he does have an eye for goal and an attacking instinct.

I just hope that we can now start the winning spree from this defeat :P

in Conte I trust KTBFFH. Sad that we didn't win or draw at the bridge :( It is truly disapppointing

This is going to turn out to be a depressing weekend. Gap opened up between us and the top, miles and miles behind on goal difference, potentially lost our star striker, and could tumble down the table. Liverpool, who have been pretty poor this season, can now go above us tomorrow.

Probably as bad as someone could script it.

Johnnyeye likes this

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

1. That was just shit. I had expected us to defend, which we did reasonably OK, and play on the break. But where was even that attacking impetus?

2. Was Moses injured or something? It's well known that Delph was going to play at LB and yet Conte played the more conservative Azpi at RWB. Heck, where was Zappacosta? We needed width and yet we kept playing through midfield, which City didn't mind one bit.

3. Morata's injury was a big blow to us but where was the Plan B after he went off? Why did Conte bring Willian on? Literally took away any attacking presence for us upfront and all the more shocking that Willian is bang out of form right now. Even Pedro would have given a slight threat going forward with his attacking runs.

Conte played not to lose, but in the end we lost, i didnt expect this coward aproach from him, very conservative. im extremely dissapointed

Can't blame Conte much for playing like a pussy, we don't have the players to go man on man with someone like City. In 10 years maybe we will build that stadium we keep talking about since 5 years ago.

This team is atrocious in regard to technical skill. 

Maybe it was physical and mental fatigue from the Atletico match, but some of the passing and dribbling was diabolical. 

The lack of control made Chelsea look like a U15 side at times. 

Conte had a mare. Not sure how playing hoof ball with a 5'6 Hazard up top is going to work.

Kanye was good at ball winning but his passing oof. Bakayoko was dismal. 

Alonso was far too ponderous. 

For this type of game (City, Spurs) Conte needs to rethink his team choice and the formation. 

DYC. and FabHazard like this

Willian had no business to replace Morata. It's not even his position !
It's gotta be Bats or Pedro.
At that point control was gone,
Then the buildup of our counterattacks was no good. The way midfiled was lost and City had possession, only with deep balls could we do something.

Johnnyeye likes this

I want Willian out of the team. He does nothing players like Musonda, Kenedy or even Hudson-Odoi couldn't do tbh. Dribbles it back all the way to the defence, dribbles it to a safe area for the opposition and stands still, loses the ball easily etc. He doesn't even score his trademark free-kicks or wondergoals anymore. He is also getting older so I guess January or next summer is the best time to sell him.

Christensen is really good. I did not expect him to become this great already! Saw how Pep was talking to him after the match. Probably praising his performance, but if he is trying to suggest a move to City he can fuck right off! I'm not even sure I would bench him for Luiz next game.

Hopefully Morata is ok. He obviously was a big part of the tactics Conte had ready, but Conte really should have stuck with the same tactics and brought a like-for-like sub with Michy.

Terrible match for us, but could have been so much more different!

Johnnyeye and Amblève. like this

Just forget this one. We face Palace in the next one and that is where we have to restart. They have been shocking, absolutely shocking so hopefully, no slips there.

Johnnyeye likes this