• Morata
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Christensen (sub)

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real test. The coming week will be crucial and a benchmark for how good we actually are. Both ManCity and Atletico probably have their best teams in their club history. And I have feeling our wingbacks are not quite cut for this level. But sadly we have few alternatives

-------------Tibo------------

---Azpi----Luiz---Rüdiger--

Zappa--Kante--Baka--Alonso

--------------Cesc--------------

--------Morata----Hazard-----

That front three on form will be one of the best in Europe. I hope we will see a first sight of that midweek. 

Cesc shouldn't start this one, he doesn't have the stamina to be at his best playing 2 games in 4 days, especially vs this calibre of opposition. Don't Leti play a 2 man midfield? Think we need the extra man in the middle more on Saturday.

I'm really looking forward to this as we have some unfinished business to take care of. Not just with the Costa situation, the 13/14 ECL semi-final was not that long ago and also who could forget the 12/13 European Supercup when they've thrashed us. 

21 hours ago, Tomo said:

Cesc shouldn't start this one, he doesn't have the stamina to be at his best playing 2 games in 4 days, especially vs this calibre of opposition. Don't Leti play a 2 man midfield? Think we need the extra man in the middle more on Saturday.

Cesc  only played like 10mins vs Stoke. I am pretty sure Conte rested him with Atleti in mind and gave him those 10mins just to keep his Rhythm but he barely broke a sweat. There might be tactical reasons not to start him but fitness should not be an issue at all. He will be fresh and raring to go.

18 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Cesc  only played like 10mins vs Stoke. I am pretty sure Conte rested him with Atleti in mind and gave him those 10mins just to keep his Rhythm but he barely broke a sweat. There might be tactical reasons not to start him but fitness should not be an issue at all. He will be fresh and raring to go.

I think his rest vs Stoke was more because he played the last four. I can definitely see him being saved for City as we will need a few changes for that one. I remember when we played them a few days after the league cup semi and were blowing out of our arses after half an hour.

Fighting against one of the lowest conceding defense and then one of the highest scoring attack in Europe.

Where is those guys that keep spamming "the first real test"?

Cause that's the time, first real test in becoming once again a domestic and international elite!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk