• Morata
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Christensen (sub)

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if we drew or lost, I am just so happy with the way we played away in a big CL game!

I am so used to us going away with the likes of Mourinho and watching ABSOLUTE DROSS for 90mins. Shite like playing AZPI ON THE WING (which I will never forgive).

Just look at what these guys can do when the manager has confidence in them.

I am so happy we have Don Conte. So happy.

Thought we had messed up the opportunity to win by overplaying the free kick but get in! Genuinely never expected such a performance and result - especially away against one of Europe's better sides - but that was bloody impressive. We better go on to win this group!

WOW. Hazard was truly breathtaking tonight and the more I see Morata, he is impressing me more and more and think he is going to turn out a Chelsea legend. He has everything and caused Atletico tons of problems. If there was ever a game to show how lethal a partnership, Hazard and Morata are going to be, this was it. Over the moon. Before the game would have taken a draw, but after the game, considering how we outplayed them, a draw would have been unjust. We were the clear deserved winners.

Bring on City!

Fantastic game...cant remember the last time we were actualy in control against a top team in europe. Regardless of result, I would be proud even if we lost. But the win is even sweeter. 

Good game on both ends, we played like a team, our midfield stood their ground, we were composed in defence and our attack was quick and efficient. We could easily score one or two more. 

Brilliant performance, hopefuly we show similar against city.

WHAT A FUCKING PERFORMANCE!!!! 

My personal MoTM? N'Golo fucking Kante. He was unbelievable today and absolutely all over the pitch.

3-5-2 has to be the way forward for every big match against a top opponent.

Griezman???????????? Who the f#uck is Griezman. We were truly unbelievable tonight. Better team by a mile and I have never seen Atletico so totally outplayed and bereft of ideas. We made them look very ordinary.

Oh, and Hazard was on FIRE :D

This is why possession football is so important. See how good we look when we keep the ball. Of course Atletico is different from other top teams in Europe, they are not possession based but I want to see us continue in this way against other top teams. I really love this 3-5-2 away from home vs the top teams. Perfect blend of everything. 

This was such an enjoyable match!

We didn't just win. We won away to fucking atletico! Those guys hadn't lost at home in European competitions for like 10 matches or something like that.

We played sooooooo well. Morata is a Beast, Hazard is breathtaking. The team did really well. A lot of positives form the game.

Only thing I'd complain about would be Luiz being Luiz, Cesc missing a sitter, and tbh I though Bakayoko was rather mediocre at times.

But all around, that was amazing. That last goal was something I did not expect when we decided to not cross it, but fair play, what an amazing build up!

Also, Hazard and Kante. The display of strength of those two was great.

Hazard, Kante and Morata were the best today

:cig:

7 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

Well deserved! I failed to see anything special about this Leti side, we were by far the better team. So proud of the lads tonight, GET THE FUCK IN!

I agree, they didn't look so special. This game reminded me of Everton away last season. We hadn't won at their ground for eons and yet we made them look so average that day.

I really really hope that Conte isn't putting much faith in Alonso, Moses and Cahill. I don't mind them staying here but they should be starting in domesting cup games only.