• Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Morata
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Christensen (sub)

I know it's still way early in the season but we currently sit 3rd in the table. How many of you would sign up for that come the end of the season? Only 5 games in etc but City and United looking good right now while we still seem be trying to find our feet with the new players and extra games.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I know it's still way early in the season but we currently sit 3rd in the table. How many of you would sign up for that come the end of the season? Only 5 games in etc but City and United looking good right now while we still seem be trying to find our feet with the new players and extra games.

Fuck that, id rather finish 5th aiming for the title than settle for mere top 4. Furthermore if we can somehow navigate Stoke and City and still be 3 or less points of the top then i feel we are well in it as after the international break we will have Baka and Eden up to speed plus a kind set of fixtures until we go to The Emirates new year while the Manc clubs have a tougher run of it.

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Fuck that, id rather finish 5th aiming for the title than settle for mere top 4. Furthermore if we can somehow navigate Stoke and City and still be 3 or less points of the top then i feel we are well in it as after the international break we will have Baka and Eden up to speed plus a kind set of fixtures until we go to The Emirates new year while the Manc clubs have a tougher run of it.

Yeah, people forget we had a tough start to this season as far as fixtures goes. Disaster vs Burnley & all but we're still only 3 back.

It was a strange day for us, there was pretty much all the elements in the game expect the goals. We were in it the first 15 mins and then Arsenal came back, they showed determination which I was a little surprised by specially whatever is happening there. I thought we were missing a Drogba/Costa type of striker for that little something, having said that Morata's hold up play was really good. It will take him more time and us (someone like me) to get accustomed. Hindsight after seeing Bakayoko play I felt Fabregas wasnt the right choice to start but then had Pedro convert that lob/pass from Fabregas and it could had been a different view. Luiz was brilliant until he had that brain fart and not sure why Hazard didnt start specially when he did for his national side, reserve game, was a substitute in the last game. All in all, Arsenal were there for the taking and we missed it ... 2 points lost of us is how I would sum it ... 

I know we were favourites and all that but watching MOTD2, you would think Arsenal won the game. So biased. Look, I get they were the happier side however the pundits mentioning their defence was brilliant when Morata caused them problems and they played a stupid high line that nearly caused Pedro to score but unfortunately we did not capitalize. They also had just under 10 mins to snatch a victory against 10 men and could not. If they had done that then yeah but wow it was a 0-0 game. They were not even that solid as people are making out. They played a more solid game than when we usually play them at the Bridge though.

On our part, we could have done more. However a point is not the end of it all. Still 3 points behind the top 2 and both Liverpool and Spurs dropped points in games they should have won. Not too disappointed. Never thought it was going to be an easy game as some fans and pundits were making out.

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

I would've said the same if we had a better transfer window addressing our weakness at WB and another one which is becoming more so apparent every game - wide forwards. Apart from Hazard, I don't think it's good enough tbh. Pedro is getting old so we can't rely on him too much. Willian is always upgradable, and should not be starting. Our squad doesn't have that extra oomph it needs imo. Loss of Costa will become more apparent, just hoping Alvaro steps up to it. Baka has done well in the limited time he's been given but I feel like when he does get those minutes we shouldn't be expecting top top performances every game. 

City and United always had the better squad and they've adequately addressed most of their weaknesses. We've only addressed one of ours really (CM). Still need to improve our wing backs and also get in real extra quality to help Hazard and Morata. It'd be another Conte miracle if we won the league, honestly. 

Maybe it's just a case of grass is greener, but don't really expect us to seriously challenge till the end of the season for the league this time around tbh. 

I think they had the better of us in the middle of the park until Bakayoko came on which for me is where we let ourselves down. Ramsey and Xhaka are good players but I think if we had a player with a big presence in there we would of unsettled them, they were unfortunate Ramsey/Lacazette didn't score and if they had done I would of worried for us as we looked toothless until Hazard came on, really Pedro should of scored his chance too early on but hey. Morata needs to stay on his feet more when than ball comes into him, he needs a lesson or two from Didier I think but this sort of game would of suited Costa more than Alvaro, pity he's in Brazil or somewhere doing fuck knows what haha.

Think the overreaction in here is a bit puerile to be fair. Yes we hate Arsenal and we make fun of them, truth is they are not as big as they think they are, but they are not Huddersfield either. 

I for one was not expecting a walk in the park. They were bound to a decent game against top opposition at some point, you can't expect them to be steamrolled each and every time they face a big team. 

Shit happens and we could not win. They did a good job in the first half, we made it hard for them in the second. 

Saw a lot of people criticising Conte for his team selection et al. Give the guy a break - it's only the first match since he came at the club in which Chelsea did not score at The Bride.

He's not had the perfect transfer window and has had the most difficult schedule so far in PL.

People creaming all over Manchester clubs' results - Really, haven't you learned your lesson yet? Titles are not decided in September... 

Barcelona have won the treble after starting to mount a challenge only late in January. Madrid never looks like anything special in the 1st half of the season. Big teams always peak between late February and May. 

Look at Paris last night - if Conte did a bad job with this players, what about Paris at home against a bunch of youngsters? Totally shite, Lyon had a clear penalty denied in the 1st half, missed glorious chances in the 2nd half and Paris won by two own goals.

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Think the overreaction in here is a bit puerile to be fair. Yes we hate Arsenal and we make fun of them, truth is they are not as big as they think they are, but they are not Huddersfield either. 

I for one was not expecting a walk in the park. They were bound to a decent game against top opposition at some point, you can't expect them to be steamrolled each and every time they face a big team. 

Shit happens and we could not win. They did a good job in the first half, we made it hard for them in the second. 

Saw a lot of people criticising Conte for his team selection et al. Give the guy a break - it's only the first match since he came at the club in which Chelsea did not score at The Bride.

He's not had the perfect transfer window and has had the most difficult schedule so far in PL.

People creaming all over Manchester clubs' results - Really, haven't you learned your lesson yet? Titles are not decided in September... 

Barcelona have won the treble after starting to mount a challenge only late in January. Madrid never looks like anything special in the 1st half of the season. Big teams always peak between late February and May. 

Look at Paris last night - if Conte did a bad job with this players, what about Paris at home against a bunch of youngsters? Totally shite, Lyon had a clear penalty denied in the 1st half, missed glorious chances in the 2nd half and Paris won by two own goals.

Great post my son. Someone who's objective and can see the bigger picture a lot of posters should read this and take note.