• Hazard (sub)
    • Christensen (sub)

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought we largely dominated the 2nd half and restricted them to only a couple of chances. As good as Pedro and Willian can be at times, I feel like our attack is useless against decent opposition without Hazard. Morata gets no service other than long balls launched into him with two defenders draped all over him. We gave him almost no chance today. These were tactics that Lukaku would've thrived on but not Morata. He needs the ball to feet in open play.

I pray that that was the last match in which Hazard doesn't play from the start. We desperately need him.

I am just frustrated that we are taking advantage of the Spurs' and Liverpool's results. We have to face it, we are not in the title race but in the top 4 race and we have to be beating our rivals and getting points while they are not.

Seems like so long time ago when Chelsea were trashing arsenal, especially at the Bridge, now - last 3 games, 2 lost and 1 draw. But arsenal definitely played better than the match against pool, but that was because of our weak mid in the 1st half and they were a lot better in defence than the game vs pool. If Pedro managed to score that in the 1st half, I believe we would've won the match, big miss and feels more like 2 dropped points at home, rather than 1 point won. And it's even worse that we lose Luiz for 3 games after his no-brainer tackle.
Hope the team gets on the winning way next week.

Just now, Pizy said:

I pray that that was the last match in which Hazard doesn't play from the start. We desperately need him.

I don't want to hear that bulshit that he needs be handled carefully again. He needs to get in the team asap. Playing him for 15-20 minutes is not really going to help the team. He can produce some magic during that time but he is a special player and for sure he is ready.

2 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Indeed. Looks like Wenger has finally found a Chelsea manager that he can be beating and annoying regularly and that is frustrating and worrying.

Fucking hell. You sum up everything that's wrong with our modern fans.

Hate to say this, but we really miss a Costa type to pressurise defenders. Morata played well enough, but he doesn't instill fear into defences like Costa did. Pedro very poor today, and I was impressed by Bakayoko when he came on. He gave away silly frees, but he will learn, and become a very good acquisition for us. I think we need to change our style of play this season as Morata will need help up front. He needs a player to play off, and hopefully thats Hazard.

Let's face it.
Conte and the board made a mess out of the Costa affair.
Own goal of the century.
Morata was a life long sub at Madrid - unlike Pedro who was always a first squad player for Barcelona before biteman took his place.
Morata as well as James will prove failures. The chances of it not happening are 1%.

In ALL games against big teams we have to start with our best possible players. If Conte wants to rotate or experiment do it against sides we're vastly superior to like Forest in midweek. We cannot play Cesc and Kante in a midfield 2 against sides that are great technically and can pop the ball around comfortably. Why all of us can see that but Conte can't is baffling.

We also see that we need one more special attacking player that's a level above Pedro and Willian. Too many times they just can't cut it. They're solid, 7/10 players but we need another on or near Hazards level if we want to compete against the best sides in Europe.

Luckily this result won't hurt much because a few of our rivals are also struggling. But damn, I fear for us against City/United/Atleti/Roma. We need to grow some balls and toughen up. Know when we can assert ourselves.

1 minute ago, Azpinator said:

Like the way he pressurized PSG's defence 2 years in a row? Give me a break!

3 years in a row.
They beat us decisively only once but with a much more expensive squad now.
Costa is not the type liked by the people with artistic flavour. Gert Muller was n't either. But you need a Lewandovski to replace a Gert Muller and be happy.