test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Chelsea 6-0 Qarabag

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   31 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Zappacosta
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Batshuayi
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

220 posts in this topic

Basically, we should win this comfortably while also resting our key players and make sure Hazard gain some match fitness in order to return to his best as soon as possible.

Shouldn't be all that difficult, right?

AChes1ofus likes this

Don't want any David toppling Goliath here where we totally dismiss them so I wouldn't play a complete 2nd team. I'd still start Morata, Hazard, and Bakayoko at least. Rest Kante, Luiz, and Rüdiger.

---------------------------------------------Tibo--------------------------------------------

-----------------Azpi--------------Christensen---------------Cahill--------------------

Zappa----------------Drinkwater-----------Bakayoko-------------Alonso

-----------------Willian----------------Morata---------------Hazard------------------

Get fitness and form for new signings plus Hazard and when a striker is in red hot form like Morata you have to keep him going. He bags a couple in this one and he'll be hungry against Arse.

WNDS likes this

Qarabag are actually quite a decent team when on-form, unfortunately; not as genuinely good as Shakhtar of 2012/13, but they have the potential to cause an upset or two in our group. Of course, they could also show their worst form and get destroyed by everyone. Given that the other two teams are Roma and ATLETICO, I really don't want us to chance things against this lot by putting out a ridiculously under-strength team; we NEED six points from our matches against Qarabag to put the pressure on the other teams in our group. I get the feeling that whoever drops the most points against this team is going to be the one missing out on qualification for the Round of 16.

One of Cahill or Christensen in for Azpi/Luiz/Rudiger, Zappacosta for Moses, Willian for Pedro, Hazard for Fabregas should be the only changes made in my opinion. Aim to bring Batshuayi and/or Fabregas on at around the 60 minute mark (either because we're coasting, or because we're struggling and need to change things up), with Drinkwater being given his debut in the form of a 10-15 minute run-out at the end. This should allow for a decent amount of rotation without going overboard and risking a crucial three points.

kmk108 and Tomo like this

Courtois, Cahill, Christensen, Rüdiger, Pedro, Drinkwater, Fabregas, Zappacosta, Hazard, Musonda, Batshuayi

Pedro at left wing-back.

WOW. A lot of people are going overboard with thinking the likes of Musonda, Kenedy and Drinkwater will be starting. It will be a very strong team. This is our easiest team in our group however we cannot underestimate them and the 3 points is important. Conte will not make so many changes. Musonda will definitely not start. Drinkwater will not start either as he has had no football this season. He will get his start against Forest, not Tuesday. I doubt Christensen will play too. If there is a defensive change it will be Cahill coming in. People are just expecting us to go there with a under-strength team and win easily. I wouldn't mind seeing Kenedy start at LWB as he will not have much issues to deal with defensively and can be quite problematic on Tuesday. But sorry to disappoint people if they are expecting to see likes of Musonda start. Hazard and Willian will come in and be supporting Morata in attack.

Once we have scored a few goals past them, then the more important players will be rested with Sunday in mind.

Beigl, kmk108, yuvala and 1 other like this

Rest Alonso and one of Pedro or Cesc in preparation for the Arsenal game and give Eden at least 60 minutes. Everyone else from the weekend can go again.

King11Didier likes this

On 9/10/2017 at 5:33 AM, Magic Lamps said:

Apparently that is a club from Baku,Aserbaidschan, which is clearly not in Europe, hence should not be in the UEFA and should be playing in some taka-tuka-land competition, not in the CL. 

Agreed..how they are in UEFA is beyond me! Go for swim in the Caspian sea before a quiet stroll to China

6 hours ago, Jype said:

Courtois, Cahill, Christensen, Rüdiger, Pedro, Drinkwater, Fabregas, Zappacosta, Hazard, Musonda, Batshuayi

Pedro at left wing-back.

The only thing I would change in that line up is Kante for fabregas

2 hours ago, Kezza said:

Agreed..how they are in UEFA is beyond me! Go for swim in the Caspian sea before a quiet stroll to China

Soviet era legacy no doubt. 

On 2017. 09. 09. at 7:33 PM, Magic Lamps said:

Apparently that is a club from Baku,Aserbaidschan, which is clearly not in Europe, hence should not be in the UEFA and should be playing in some taka-tuka-land competition, not in the CL. 

Azerbaijan is a member of the UEFA, just like Kazakhstan and Israel, end of story.

the wes likes this

I'm having a brain fart here and can't remember, does goal difference play any part in the CL group stage?

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'm having a brain fart here and can't remember, does goal difference play any part in the CL group stage?

First tie breaker is H2H record.

EDIT: If two or more teams have the same points, then the following criteria are applied:

1. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
2. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
3. higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
4. higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;
5. if, after having applied criteria 1 to 4, teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1 to 4 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the teams in question to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 6 to 12 apply;
6. superior goal difference in all group matches;
7. higher number of goals scored in all group matches;
8. higher number of away goals scored in all group matches;
9. higher number of wins in all group matches;
10. higher number of away wins in all group matches;
11. lower disciplinary points total based only on yellow and red cards received in all group matches (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points);
12. higher club coefficient.

Pizy likes this

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

First tie breaker is H2H record.

EDIT: If two or more teams have the same points, then the following criteria are applied:

I can see Atleti scoring a lot against Qarabag so hopefully we also take them very seriously and score as many as possible ourselves. No playing a weak team like many of our fans are suggesting.

Beigl and Tomo like this