• Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Batshuayi
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)

13 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I hope we play some youngsters and squad players the coming weeks will be tough.

--------------------Tibo-------------

---Azpi-----Christensen---Cahill--

Zappa----Danny----Cesc-----Kenedy

---Musonda----Michy-----Hazard----

Really like this line up. Will be very disappointed  if Christensen does not start.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want any David toppling Goliath here where we totally dismiss them so I wouldn't play a complete 2nd team. I'd still start Morata, Hazard, and Bakayoko at least. Rest Kante, Luiz, and Rüdiger.

---------------------------------------------Tibo--------------------------------------------

-----------------Azpi--------------Christensen---------------Cahill--------------------

Zappa----------------Drinkwater-----------Bakayoko-------------Alonso

-----------------Willian----------------Morata---------------Hazard------------------

Get fitness and form for new signings plus Hazard and when a striker is in red hot form like Morata you have to keep him going. He bags a couple in this one and he'll be hungry against Arse.

Qarabag are actually quite a decent team when on-form, unfortunately; not as genuinely good as Shakhtar of 2012/13, but they have the potential to cause an upset or two in our group. Of course, they could also show their worst form and get destroyed by everyone. Given that the other two teams are Roma and ATLETICO, I really don't want us to chance things against this lot by putting out a ridiculously under-strength team; we NEED six points from our matches against Qarabag to put the pressure on the other teams in our group. I get the feeling that whoever drops the most points against this team is going to be the one missing out on qualification for the Round of 16.

One of Cahill or Christensen in for Azpi/Luiz/Rudiger, Zappacosta for Moses, Willian for Pedro, Hazard for Fabregas should be the only changes made in my opinion. Aim to bring Batshuayi and/or Fabregas on at around the 60 minute mark (either because we're coasting, or because we're struggling and need to change things up), with Drinkwater being given his debut in the form of a 10-15 minute run-out at the end. This should allow for a decent amount of rotation without going overboard and risking a crucial three points.

WOW. A lot of people are going overboard with thinking the likes of Musonda, Kenedy and Drinkwater will be starting. It will be a very strong team. This is our easiest team in our group however we cannot underestimate them and the 3 points is important. Conte will not make so many changes. Musonda will definitely not start. Drinkwater will not start either as he has had no football this season. He will get his start against Forest, not Tuesday. I doubt Christensen will play too. If there is a defensive change it will be Cahill coming in. People are just expecting us to go there with a under-strength team and win easily. I wouldn't mind seeing Kenedy start at LWB as he will not have much issues to deal with defensively and can be quite problematic on Tuesday. But sorry to disappoint people if they are expecting to see likes of Musonda start. Hazard and Willian will come in and be supporting Morata in attack.

Once we have scored a few goals past them, then the more important players will be rested with Sunday in mind.

1 hour ago, Jype said:

Courtois, Cahill, Christensen, Rüdiger, Pedro, Drinkwater, Fabregas, Zappacosta, Hazard, Musonda, Batshuayi

Pedro at left wing-back.

Hahaha. no.

This is Champions League, not Carabao Cup. We just can't let 2 or 3 points go prior to the Atleti and Roma matches. It's gonna be our strongest team.

On 9/10/2017 at 5:33 AM, Magic Lamps said:

Apparently that is a club from Baku,Aserbaidschan, which is clearly not in Europe, hence should not be in the UEFA and should be playing in some taka-tuka-land competition, not in the CL. 

Agreed..how they are in UEFA is beyond me! Go for swim in the Caspian sea before a quiet stroll to China

Charly Musonda Jr hints at playing against Qarabag FC in Champions League

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2017/9/10/16284532/chelsea-qarabag-champions-league-charly-musonda-player-time-hint-instagram

Please Mr conte 🙏 play musonda and Christensen in this game 

6 hours ago, Jype said:

Courtois, Cahill, Christensen, Rüdiger, Pedro, Drinkwater, Fabregas, Zappacosta, Hazard, Musonda, Batshuayi

Pedro at left wing-back.

The only thing I would change in that line up is Kante for fabregas

On 2017. 09. 09. at 7:33 PM, Magic Lamps said:

Apparently that is a club from Baku,Aserbaidschan, which is clearly not in Europe, hence should not be in the UEFA and should be playing in some taka-tuka-land competition, not in the CL. 

Azerbaijan is a member of the UEFA, just like Kazakhstan and Israel, end of story.