Danny Drinkwater

xPetrCechx

3 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Whoa... Lets not get too carried away here.

I dont need to say I rate Verratti very much, he is one of my fav midfielders, but trust me, Kovacic is not far off. 

He has replaced Modric and then Kroos when they were injured and he played absolutely brilliant. Was arguably best player in those few games for Real, ask any fan who saw those games. 

Verratti on other hand, as much he is brilliant and all, he still has plenty to prove in europe that he can lead their team. 

That said, both are fantastic midfielders, Verratti is impossible, however Kovacic could be bought for certain price.

I don't get the negativity with Drinkwater? I know you would prefer people like Vidal and Naingollan but it's simply not happening, they don't want to come here, and we need more squad depth. For me Drinkwater is a good squad signing, he's also English and homegrown, and a pretty decent all around midfielder. For a reasonable price, I'd be quite happy to improve our squad depth in midfield.
Before you hit me that we sold Chalobah and sent RLC on loan, I would defend the club a bit now because the season we have ahead of us is very important, our rivals have improved their squads and can't risk having a bad season now more then ever. If we lose our CL again, Hazard could very well leave, and that will be very problematic for the future. We can buy back Chalobah if he turns out amazing, and RLC needs regular playing time anyway.

People here want us to bring those players you mentioned to sit in the bench because according to them that's what our opponents have as their 4th choice... I can't even begin to write what I think about this reasoning

Some said we could get other young promising players and some even mentioned Chalobah and RLC. I mean if they think Drinkwater who's played a UCL isn't good enough to be called upon if needed, I wonder those inexperienced, young, promising players they keep mentioning...

Just stick to the super teams in videogames because honestly, people lost the grasp of the reality and they haven't even noticed...

12 minutes ago, Barbara said:

People here want us to bring those players you mentioned to sit in the bench because according to them that's what our opponents have as their 4th choice... I can't even begin to write what I think about this reasoning

Some said we could get other young promising players and some even mentioned Chalobah and RLC. I mean if they think Drinkwater who's played a UCL isn't good enough to be called upon if needed, I wonder those inexperienced, young, promising players they keep mentioning...

Just stick to the super teams in videogames because honestly, people lost the grasp of the reality and they haven't even noticed...

I happen to agree with the club that Drinkwater is twice the player than any of youngster who left or stayed.

However, it is not a binary decision. We don't have to go with Drinkwater OR chalobah... there is a sea of choice between those two. in building the squad as well... for example: instead of one drinkwater, get 2-3 mids, and also keep the youngsters, etc.

Perhaps folks are complaining, and perhaps rightly so, that the club is too slow in "building the squad" never mind signing players. And we end up in tough situation having to settle.

I'd add the club is not creative enough in building the squad. If we want to compete with the likes of City something's gotta give: we either spend the same amount of money or we get creative. We do neither.

1 minute ago, Robguima said:

I happen to agree with the club that Drinkwater is twice the player than any of youngster who left or stayed.

However, it is not a binary decision. We don't have to go with Drinkwater OR chalobah... there is a sea of choice between those two. in building the squad as well... for example: instead of one drinkwater, get 2-3 mids, and also keep the youngsters, etc.

Perhaps folks are complaining, and perhaps rightly so, that the club is too slow in "building the squad" never mind signing players. And we end up in tough situation having to settle.

I'd add the club is not creative enough in building the squad. If we want to compete with the likes of City something's gotta give: we either spend the same amount of money or we get creative. We do neither.

2-3 mids for 30 mil? Stop living in 2000 mate. :P

6 hours ago, Robguima said:

I agree with this.

12 hours ago, Pizy said:

The thing is, in that 15/16 breakout season his best skill was playing a ball over the top for Vardy to run onto. We already have Cesc who can do just that but even better. So how often would Drinkwater even play as our 4th option in midfield when we'd have Cesc to come on as 3rd choice offering the same things Drinkwater does?

Would be strange to pay at least £30m on a player only to use them as often as we did RLC or Chalobah i.e. 5-10 minutes here or there.

Difference is - Drinkwater wouldn't be this "alternative" player who comes from the bench to mix things up, like Fabregas is. I think Drinky would start more games than Fabregas, actually. Cesc would collect more apps, but because of coming in game later from the bench.

Yes, Fabregas could pass the ball better, he is maybe the best passer around. Drinky is good passer, but his overall game is much better than Cesc's. He is a great runner, he is good defensively, he is not a pushover, and is somewhat faster and stronger than Cesc.

According to some reports we try to sign drinkwater last season and Leicester wouldn't sell him I can see why conte wants him the season Leicester won the league Kante and drinkwater had good strong partnership 

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/634456/Danny-Drinkwater-Chelsea-Antonio-Conte-Leicester-N-Golo-Kante-Tiemoue-Bakayoko

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/11/danny-drinkwater-dark-future-chelsea-fail-return-improved-offer/

£15M bid rejected few weeks ago, no improved bid made as of yet.

While the rumoured figures of £30M are inflated, did the club seriously think £15M would get it done in a market where likes of Gylfi Sigurdsson are being sold for £50M? 

1 hour ago, Jype said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/11/danny-drinkwater-dark-future-chelsea-fail-return-improved-offer/

While the rumoured figures of £30M are inflated, did the club seriously think £15M would get it done in a market where likes of Gylfi Sigurdsson are being sold for £50M? 

If true, sums up our braindead approach in the transfer window so far. Even when trying to sign a supposedly backup player, we're still being stingy about the fee.

1 hour ago, Jype said:

Yes, I can 100% believe our board thought £15m was fair. They're operating as though this is 2011 or something before the transfer market went insane. We go in and lowball other clubs. Did it with Stones and did it with Lukaku.

While I don't think Drinkwater is worth the rumored £30m, this supposed £15m is derisory and insulting. Amateur hour from our board.

1 hour ago, Jype said:

LOOOL

15M? wtf

Our board is a fucking joke.

On 09/08/2017 at 11:34 PM, Barbara said:

I'm really, really sorry people want Chelsea to compete with these super teams. Imagine wanting the champions of England to build a stronger, more competitive squad! How unrealistic and bad that people want that. Shame! 

People need to stop slagging people off for wanting the club to have more ambition and wanting the club to have a stronger team. There's literally a team in our league that we compete for titles with that has excellent midfield depth: Man City. They have KDB, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Toure, Silva, and then some good youngsters like Diaz and Foden competing for that CM spot. Why can't we aim for the same or something similar? How in the world does that make anyone unrealistic? 

What's so wrong with wanting the champions of England, one of the most successful teams in the last decade in England to be a bit more ambitious, smarter or imaginative in the transfer market? Our very own manager is literally complaining about the fact we sold Matic and how we've approached the market this season. He's clearly not too happy about it. For example, his idea was clearly to have a midfield core of Matic, Kante, Fabregas and Bakayoko. If that means he plays too many video games because he wants a strong midfield... how can you even say that? I genuinely don't see you criticising Conte for saying exactly the same things some people are saying on here. If Conte has been echoing similar thoughts it's you who isn't being realistic about the situation. Do you want us to properly compete for/win trophies or not? If so, do you feel like the squad is strong enough to challenge strongly on all fronts this season? If you can't clearly answer those questions with conviction, then you can't really criticise those for wanting us to do better in the transfer window.