Danny Drinkwater

xPetrCechx

1 minute ago, RoyalBlues said:

Yes, what I mean we shouldn't let Chalobah leave in the first place. Conte more than capable to convince him to stay if he want.

Lol. The kid wants to play, you think he left Chelsea for Watford for a pay raise? We couldn't offer him an opportunity to play week in, week out.

11 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Lol. The kid wants to play, you think he left Chelsea for Watford for a pay raise? We couldn't offer him an opportunity to play week in, week out.

Every player wants to play. Why not to have 4 players for 2 positions? at the moment we have 3 already and still rumoured to sign one more CM. Chalobah is still young, it is not impossible to convince him to stay and wait for his opportunity.

4 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Every player wants to play. Why not to have 4 players for 2 positions? at the moment we have 3 already and still rumoured to sign one more CM. Chalobah is still young, it is not impossible to convince him to stay and wait for his opportunity.

You don't get it... 

Just now, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

You don't get it... 

Half of the reason he want to leave in the first place, because we couldn't convince him enough that he still can make it here if he is patient enough. You don't get it?

Why are people assuming that Drinkwater is replacement for Matić? We already have Bakayoko, we only need central midfielder for rotation ... Drinkwater is actually way more suited for that central midfield role than Ross Barkley :) 

2 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

Why are people assuming that Drinkwater is replacement for Matić? We already have Bakayoko, we only need central midfielder for rotation ... Drinkwater is actually way more suited for that central midfield role than Ross Barkley :) 

Do u really think drinkwater is going to come here and sit on the bench? I can't see it personally nor do I want to see it but that's not the point haha

18 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Do u really think drinkwater is going to come here and sit on the bench? I can't see it personally nor do I want to see it but that's not the point haha

I don't know what your point is really? If you assume that Drinkwater doesn't want to join Chelsea because he will sit on the bench than who would you sign? A world class player to put Bakayoko on the bench or some lazy sh*t who is just after the money and doesn't care about playtime? We have more games this year and with Conte demanding more players we can expect more rotation. And if one player starts to underperform, he will be rotated as Ivanovic was early in the season and Matić when his performances dropped after new year. 

Once again - I think Drinkwater is a very good rotation midfielder if we can get him, at least better than Barkley (for our system)!! :) 

1 minute ago, jernej93 said:

I don't know what your point is really? If you assume that Drinkwater doesn't want to join Chelsea because he will sit on the bench than who would you sign? A world class player to put Bakayoko on the bench or some lazy sh*t who is just after the money and doesn't care about playtime? We have more games this year and with Conte demanding more players we can expect more rotation. And if one player starts to underperform, he will be rotated as Ivanovic was early in the season and Matić when his performances dropped after new year. 

Once again - I think Drinkwater is a very good rotation midfielder if we can get him, at least better than Barkley (for our system)!! :) 

Am just saying do u think he will leave first team football for our bench? Personally I wouldn't have let Matic go and I wouldn't have let RLC go out on loan, but saying that if they wanted to go not much we can do. But I would go for the OX can play CM and RW/RWB. I wouldn't touch barkley with a barge pole. My personal opinion is we have a good set of defensive midfielders, we need a dynamic attacking midfielder, I'd throw a 20 bid for wilshire are medical team are second to none, a good run of games and properly man managed I think he could do well here.

3 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

how did he do? 

I sometimes come here and question what exactly people think Chelsea Football Club stands for. So because Christensen made a few appearances for Gladbach in midfield, now all of a sudden he's good enough to fulfill that role at Chelsea? 

I read this stuff and laugh on the daily.

Drinkwater is going to get the same game time as Chalobah did last season why spent £25m or more on average player who will play for Chelsea for one season and end up being loan out the rest of his chelsea I rather spent the money on midfielder who's going to challenge Kante Bakayoko fabregas midfield is not Christensen best position but he can do a job there if needed 

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Imagine shipping out Matic only to replace him with Drinkwater. What a joke. 

as someone pointed Matic was replaced by Bakayoko. 

The negativism in this forum is reaching ridiculous levels.

playing more minutes I don`t think is what every single player has at the top of their list.for some that may be the case like for those who have won everything in the game at club level like JT and for some young players who get frustrated and believe their development is at risk so they want to join a smaller club to get more minutes but then will want another bite at the cherry with a big club later.

look at it this way though,whose got the best chance of playing in major cup finals and winning league titles. somebody on the bench at a big club or somebody starting most weeks for Bournemouth or Watford? I`d say it`s more likely the starter ahead of them gets injured,suspended or loses form than those kind of clubs getting  into those situations.

27 minutes ago, the wes said:

midfield is not Christensen best position but he can do a job there if needed 

Where is your proof? What if we get an injury to one of Kante or Bakayoko? You think Christensen can fill the void? Listen... Conte stated it loud and clear, we need to buy and make ourselves stronger to last on all fronts. Christensen is not strengthening our midfield.